Could any manager do better.

foreveryoung

Is there anyone at the very top of the club that follows football? I mean who is really well-versed about world football and is knowledgeable enough to make well thought out decisions?

Im confident that Lerner isn't, Faulkner, i doubt it. Anyone else?

IMO we badly need a Technical/Football/Sporting director or whatever the term would be with a solid football background

I think we've learnt with a high degree of certainty that Lerner only appoints his own mates for such positions, regardless of whether they know anything about football.

As i said few pages back... We should be looking at Basel Manager ''Murat Yakin''

He was a no nonsense defender with Turkish/Swizz blood, he is 39... He plays good football and would know the new superb talent that is coming out of Switzerland

He is bringing on players like Stocker and Salah! Already linked with Sunderland before Poyet... We should give him a try he would prob be eager manage in UK

• Like 1

To be fair to Lambert I think we're now in a financially sustainable position so it's what happens from now really. Our young and hungry policy may work out ok, it may not, it's so unpredictable there's no way of telling. The squad as it is will have good days and bad days, that's the nature of it.

People are saying we should invest heavily on proven talent - that's not going to happen. I know fans are now beginning to panic again but like someone else has said everything that could possibly be going wrong for us is going wrong at the moment. It wouldn't take that much for us to find a bit of form and sneak back into mid table.

If at the end of this season we've stayed up again and we've cleared a bit more of the wage bill then I think some people will get their wish and Lerner will be looking to sell up. Have a feeling he's had enough now. And I'd rather he did that with us a financially sound Premier League club than one racked in financial meltdown.

To be fair to Lambert I think we're now in a financially sustainable position so it's what happens from now really. Our young and hungry policy may work out ok, it may not, it's so unpredictable there's no way of telling. The squad as it is will have good days and bad days, that's the nature of it.

People are saying we should invest heavily on proven talent - that's not going to happen. I know fans are now beginning to panic again but like someone else has said everything that could possibly be going wrong for us is going wrong at the moment. It wouldn't take that much for us to find a bit of form and sneak back into mid table.

If at the end of this season we've stayed up again and we've cleared a bit more of the wage bill then I think some people will get their wish and Lerner will be looking to sell up. Have a feeling he's had enough now. And I'd rather he did that with us a financially sound Premier League club than one racked in financial meltdown.

But we aren't financially sound because we owe Lerner a lot of money and he's not just going to give that up. I doubt very much that there will currently be a buyer willing to pay what it takes to make sure a billionaire loses no more money. It looks very much like we will continue this approach until Lerner gets more of his money back and eventually sells.

I don't know exactly what is owed to Lerner but it looks to me like he is pruning the club preparing to sell it.

With our current approach the only way Lerner could hope to recoup any personal expense would be to sell at high prices and replace at little/no cost. Once Benteke and Guzan were gone I don't see how he could do that?

STEVE BRUCE

Look what they've turned us into!

Posted Image

I'd like to suggest Trevor Francis with Barry Fry as coach.

you must be happy with lambert then i take it..hahahah.. bruce is a proven manager-fact..he would turn us down anyway-fact ,i recall the same was said about martinez..all these managers are falling over laughing at avfc..

I'm not saying he isn't better than we've got. And I was pro-Martinez too.

The intention was to imply how far we've fallen. Once upon a time we had Ron Atkinson as manager, and Brian Little, and Graham Taylor. We were linked with the likes of Franz Beckenbauer.

We used to be a club targeting managers with pedigree, with a history I of trophies.

Now we're a club where I get rounded on for suggesting we used to be too good for Steve Bruce.

I think Lerner's an absolute moron but I'll admit he's done a fantastic job of brainwashing the masses.

• Like 2

My only worry about a new manager coming in now is....they have a great "get out of jail card" to go down.

Not my team Guv.

all this stuff now is a money making machine where time which is always quoted is the camouflage to a huge on going salary.....its like a taxi driver keeps driving around the town for a fat fee.

we all know a manager needs time, but in 16 months you should be able to see where its going.....I get more dubious by the day.... blimey Gary shaw on Sky news gave us more of a view of what needs to be done than anyone else at the club and its was just a bit of speculation to stop the whole thing looking completely incompetent.

bilimey, we have the worst home record in the league, havn't scored a first half goal all season and just launched the 10 best throw ins of the season video ( the last bit was a joke to try and lighten things up a bit)

don't you think someone from the club ought to make a statement regarding the appalling home record over seasons or are they just caught in the headlights?

even stating the obvious might be nice.

Edited by TRO

.... how are Molde doing this season?

Rotten

Not really true. They had a poor start to the season which made it impossible to catch the top teams, but they did turn it around and was the best team in second half of the season - in which they won the cup.

So in three seasons OGS has picked up three titles. Half a year left on his contract, looking to move to the Premier League, his agent is over in England trying to find him a club. Linked every time a job is available, he'd take the Villa job this time.

It was a joke Rosenthal, a play on Molde and the English words mold and moldy referring to the growths that occur on spoiled or rotting organic matter.

The biggest clue that it was a joke was that it was drat01 that made it ;)

• Like 2

This was Lamberts project! I don't think Lerners remit to Lambert was go and buy cheap young players to develop. Lambert should have gone for 2 or 3 experienced players one who could captain the youth and give them direction. Its all wrong on the field at the moment no control. For me Lambert's project is failing and the only way out is to bring in quality or experience maybe from Europe. Before you say there's no budget, he has already wasted money on Bennett, Helenius, Hutton in the bomb squad who could have been used for a season. Also would it not have been cheaper to keep Bent instead of going for Kozak?

Ask again after today's game. My keys might as well be in a bowl I'm swinging that much right now, but if we lose today at home AGAIN to a team seriously out of form, my head might just explode.

Sure. But if we win we'll probably end the day in the top half, and all off this OTT nonsense from the same old predictable misery-mongers will look absurd.

As someone else pointed out he could have spent the money and wages he had this summer on buying two or three players who would have improved the spine of the team a la Southampton. Instead he appears to have tried to sign as many players as possible in the hope that two or three worked out.

A gamble he didn't need to make.

• Like 2

As someone else pointed out he could have spent the money and wages he had this summer on buying two or three players who would have improved the spine of the team a la Southampton. Instead he appears to have tried to sign as many players as possible in the hope that two or three worked out.

A gamble he didn't need to make.

Re wages though, I doubt the combined earnings of all the signings could fund more than 1 quality player's wages.

Â