Ashley Young (Man Utd)

Villan4Life

Two good seasons for us then steadily down hill. But an Ashley Young at 50% is better than what we have I am sorry to say. If he came in on a loan and did well it would be worthwhile, if only to remind Randy what we really need.

I just don't see this one happening though for lots of reasons - if I was him and I had the choice I'd go to Everton, we are sh*t.

The type of player we dont need, we need a strong midfielder, not a light weight winger

We need more than a strong midfielder, some creativity would help.

Tell Lerner to give Lambert some money to purchase one then!

Sissoko, too expensive, Kiyotake too expensive, Barry on loan, too expensive

Lerner is willing to gamble that we've got just about enough to stay up again this season and he'll let Lambert handle the flak

Not a chance of Young coming, not a chance

I know beggars can't be choosers and we are finding ourselves at the bottom of the food chain, but can't stand this blokes attitude.

Comes across as a smug wee shit. He's now become the figure head for the 'not good enough to play for Manchester utd' brigade at Old Trafford. 

The type of player we dont need, we need a strong midfielder, not a light weight winger

That is so dead wrong. We are a poor team, we need good players. Ashley Young, when given 38 games a season and playtime even when he's not having his best days, is a much better player than any of our current midfielders and wingers.

You adapt to your best players, you don't try to adept them into a specific part in a formation. Well, many do, then they get sacked a year later.

I know beggars can't be choosers and we are finding ourselves at the bottom of the food chain, but can't stand this blokes attitude.

Comes across as a smug wee shit. He's now become the figure head for the 'not good enough to play for Manchester utd' brigade at Old Trafford.

When has he ever come across as a "smug wee shit"? I don't ever remember him being a big time Charlie at Villa either. He was a damn good player at Villa who always gave his best for the team. I'd love to see him back but players as good as Young demand Premier League wages, which rules us put as Lerner has built a pitifully weak squad on YTS wages. No wonder we're so shit.

I wonder what his legacy is going to be? If he'd never have cheated against us we'd still love him the way we love Jimmy because there were no hard feelings really when Young left. But instead he is hated by all and sundry, Watford, United and Villa fans alike.

What a pillock. Downing, Young and Milner all really should have stayed with Villa for their own sakes. The only one who has kept any respect that the footballing world had for them is Gareth Barry.