Ashley Young (Man Utd)

Villan4Life

Some of you guys are mad! If we can afford this then damn right we make it happen. He's much better than what we've got and that's even with him being not as good as he used to be. He's got great crossing ability that Benteke and Kozak would love. He had a great rapour with Gabby. It would increase our counter attacking speed. He has some creativity that would help us in home games to unlock defences that we currently don't have. He's a known quantity in the league, has experience and knows our club well.

As like the Barry case which didn't happen, we would be mad not to get him back. Some of you guys expect miracles and great players to come to us. We have rebuilt, we are lacking a lot of quality and Young in the short term would give us a massive boost and not a risk like lower division players which we have a lot of, or foreign players who are always unknown quantity and generally need time to settle although there are always exceptions.

If there is a chance and I doubt it because of money then I say bring him back......

• Like 3

He will not come back, and I don't want him back following that dive against us last season. The man is a disgrace. And not as good as he was when he was here.

I agree. Big no from me. Money would be better used elsewhere.

Like Tonev?

Definitely better than what we have, but it would only have to be on a loan basis. Buying him back would rankle with a lot of people, not to mention going completely against Lamberts team-building philosopthy.

We got £16 M for this mug.

That's the only time we have mugged off Man Utd in years.

Young would be better off competing in the diving Competition at the Olympics.

Real bad luck there Ashley as the judges would have each scored you a perfect 10. Bad luck, because the Olympics were last year.

A definite Big No Thank You from me on this one.

Oh & a definite big No Thank You too from the pigeon perched on the roof off the Holte End that you kept hitting with those bloody awful crosses & free kicks of yours when you were here!

Young is a national joke. I seem to recall him attempting a ridiculous dive just minutes after he came on yesterday. Just because he was good a few years ago doesn't mean he's good now.

He will not come back, and I don't want him back following that dive against us last season. The man is a disgrace. And not as good as he was when he was here.

I agree. Big no from me. Money would be better used elsewhere.

Like Tonev?

We didn't spend anything close to £8m on Tonev.

Even if you gave me the choice to swap Young for Tonev I wouldn't. Tonev hasn't been great but he's got potential. Young is just a joke.

Edited by Mantis

I wouldn't spend 8M on him though

That would mean we would have spent more on buying him than selling him!

Well that fits with the Lerner 'Idiots Guide to Business'.

Won't happen as he is not a lower league plodder on £5000 per week.

No doubt. Young and Gabby upfront with Benteke would be awesome. But he will just want high wages which he is not worth. if he is willing to accept 40-50k a week.. fine but he will want 70k plus. Whats he on at Utd? 100k?

Also 8 million is laughable. He is 28 going on to 29 now. 4 million should be about right. Id rather we get Kiyotake for 8-10 million and on lower wages.

Edited by KSV