Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

Looking forward to the game but on the other hand, hope it doesn't ruin my Sunday!! The joys of being a villa fan. I think we all deserve some credit for putting ourselves through this for the best part of our adult lives. Just watched highlights of coca Cola cup final 93-94, we could really do with some of that quality these days!! Need a big performance from the beast if he starts and hopefully we can man mark Rooney completely out of the game. I think those 2 will decide it today.

Would rather they start Hernandez as he doesn't have the same impact in starts rather than leave him on the bench and bring him on after 50 mins like last year....

Absolutely. We've got form with effective subs for other teams - especially Yanited.

It's hard to predict what team Moyes will put out but typically for us, Rooney can hit a milestone of 150 Premier League goals for Manure today. I expect he will get that too.

This was the team in midweek:

• 01 de Gea
  • 02 Rafael
  • 28 Büttner Booked
  • 04 Jones
  • 05 Ferdinand
  • 06 Evans
  • 44 Januzaj
  • 11 Giggs 
  • 10 Rooney
  • 26 Kagawa
  • 18 Young 
Substitutes
  • 08 Anderson
  • 13 Lindegaard
  • 14 Hernández
  • 17 Nani
  • 20 van Persie
  • 23 Cleverley
  • 25 Antonio Valencia

David McDonnell @DiscoMirror 

Am told Man Utd line-up today v Villa is: De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Jones, Evra, Valencia, Cleverley, Giggs, Januzaj, Rooney, Welbeck #MUFC

Giggs in midfield, he is actually a weak link there but no doubt we'll make him look class here he has struggled in all the games he has played in the middle this season.

David McDonnell ‏@DiscoMirror 

Am told Man Utd line-up today v Villa is: De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Jones, Evra, Valencia, Cleverley, Giggs, Januzaj, Rooney, Welbeck #MUFC

Giggs in midfield, he is actually a weak link there but no doubt we'll make him look class here he has struggled in all the games he has played in the middle this season.

Delph would have handled him fine but alas.

David McDonnell ‏@DiscoMirror

I'd be surprised if that was true, but still we could really have some joy attacking that team, that midfield is there to be countered against, not so sure we'll contain them going forward though

De Gea

Rafael Evans Jones Evra

Valencia Cleverley Giggs Januzaj

Rooney

Welbeck

Today is the best chance to beat them, we need to pack out the midfield, Giggs and Cleverley is an extremely weak midfield although Rooney will be dropping off to help them. Personally I'd go 4-5-1, with Albrighton and Gabby on the the wings. KEA, Westwood and Bacuna in the middle with Benteke up top.  By playing this way we can easily switch from 4-5-1 to 4-4-2 if Gabby needs to push on, by Bacuna straying out to the left flank. 

Anyway I think this will be a good game, hope we go for it!