*spoilers* The Walking Dead *spoilers*

dont_do_it_doug.

I know I'm going against the grain here, but I'm about twenty five minutes in and posting on here because I'm bored as f***. Negan, actor is so bad, so hamming it, I can't take a single thing in this seriously. 

1 minute ago, jon_c said:

I know I'm going against the grain here, but I'm about twenty five minutes in and posting on here because I'm bored as f***. Negan, actor is so bad, so hamming it, I can't take a single thing in this seriously. 

Agreed. So forced.

thought I'd try and get back into it. This episode gave me no hope that the show has changed.

Good stuff. I wouldn't say it was particularly predictable though, ignoring the fact that I knew what was going to happen.

I don't really see the problem with the acting, that's just Negan - minus the swearing. 

1 hour ago, jon_c said:

Have to agree, I thought it was crap.  Negan is as scary as a puppy and the inconsistency in the show is dumb.  Negan should be covered in blood for starters. Dunno how I've made it as far as this season but that's me done with it. 

I really enjoyed that episode.

I think it's started off the season with a bang, and they haven't dragged out the 'this is why you'll all hate Negan' storyline.

As gory as anything I've ever seen (I don't watch any of the silly foreign horror films that some of you might watch).

51 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

Have to agree, I thought it was crap.  Negan is as scary as a puppy and the inconsistency in the show is dumb.  Negan should be covered in blood for starters. Dunno how I've made it as far as this season but that's me done with it. 

I don't really get this  "negan is as scary as a puppy" he took out two people with no remorse, his behaviour was erratic and unpredictable and those kind of people are the most dangerous to deal with. He made rick look terrified.

what more did you want him to do? Burn down a village with 100 kids?!

• Like 4

For me, that episode encapsulated the best and the worst of The Walking Dead. Unbelievable tension and shock interspersed with mind-numbing tedium and inconsistencies. 

I'm also leaning towards the opinion that Morgan is over-egging the pudding slightly...

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't really get this  "negan is as scary as a puppy" he took out two people with no remorse, his behaviour was erratic and unpredictable and those kind of people are the most dangerous to deal with. He made rick look terrified.

what more did you want him to do? Burn down a village with 100 kids?!

I didn't buy into the character, I thought the acting was crap and I've just had enough of the inconsistency on this show which is why I didn't get the required effect from the episode. 

Spoiler

Couple of times in the caravan, Rick was within range to kill Negan without him having the time or space to shoot him. 

This bugged me, but overall it was a good start to the series.

It annoyed me how they did it, but that was about the most intense experience I can remember having watching a tv-show.

Spoiler

By 'how they did it' I mean the flashbacks and the teasing. It wasn't immersive.

Chop chop

Same rehashed storylines, rick losing it, new bad guy, push the envelope with the gore to paper over the lack of storyline movement.

glenn needed to go, he's character bought nothing else to the show but why kill of Abraham? 

Â