*spoilers* The Walking Dead *spoilers*

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, Brumerican said:

Unless you're a Star Trek fan . They had loads of them . 

Not TNG.  Disagree and there'll be fisticuffs.

6 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Unless you're a Star Trek fan . They had loads of them . 

My brother was the Trekkie, but I'll take your word for it.

Certainly seems like the Walking Dead is rife with them though, which is worrying for a big show. It might benefit from dropping down a few episodes a series if it is the case.

22 minutes ago, BOF said:

Not TNG.  Disagree and there'll be fisticuffs.

I have only seen Shatner's series. 

Not too sure how reliable wiki is on this  but ... The etymology of the phrase originates with a similar term used on the set of the original 1960s Star Trek. Cast and crew members of the show use the phrase "ship-in-a-bottle episodes" for episodes that took place only on board the Starship Enterprise.[2

• Like 1

I watched the first series again recently and it just highlighted to me how much the quality and pacing has dipped.

FWIW I thought the finale was excellent, the build up of tension with the road blocks, the long shots becoming much tighter, the ego of Rick giving way to fear and panic and ultimately hopelessness.

Andrew Lincoln is an incredible actor.

So I started on the second series yesterday and have managed to slog through about half of it.

Some of the writing in it is hopeless, it spins it's wheels far too much, and has loads of utterly pointless characters, usually female. But there are more than a few decent characters in there and when it does decide to do something it's usually half decent. Or also has a commendable and perhaps unique example of Chekhov's gun, Chekhov's barn.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

So I started on the second series yesterday and have managed to slog through about half of it.

Some of the writing in it is hopeless, it spins it's wheels far too much, and has loads of utterly pointless characters, usually female. But there are more than a few decent characters in there and when it does decide to do something it's usually half decent. Or also has a commendable and perhaps unique example of Chekhov's gun, Chekhov's barn.

Have to say alot of the existing group are better than the early series in my view

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Someones decrypted the video of Negan battering whoever the victim is and you can hear the word "maggie" so it could be Glenn. But for WD thats too obvious surely?

Apparently the 'Maggie' is actually Negan saying 'that' when he says ' look at that, taking it like a champ'.

But Robert Kirkman did say there are hints, so it could be something like that.

See, I quite like the cliffhanger. I know i'm in the minority but I like the theories and discussions it creates. Although the 6 months wait is a bit much...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Apparently the 'Maggie' is actually Negan saying 'that' when he says ' look at that, taking it like a champ'.

But Robert Kirkman did say there are hints, so it could be something like that.

See, I quite like the cliffhanger. I know i'm in the minority but I like the theories and discussions it creates. Although the 6 months wait is a bit much...

I guess Negan would have know Maggies name earlier when Glenn said it otherwise that wouldnt have made sense. Apparently you can just about hear maggie saying Glenns name too. So I would imagine it will be Glenn. then I expect maggie to blame Rick for his death adding a new storyline to the series. If you think about it its not Ricks fault this happened. this is gregorys fault as he never told Rick how many men Negan had. 

Edited by Demitri_C

I haven't watched it back, but I've read that just before Lucille swings, there's a shot of Rick and Negan's shadow is across the left side of his face meaning it's someone to Rick's left; Sasha or Aaron I believe.

But you don't know what they've done deliberately, what they've done to throw people off and what is drivel. Fun to talk about though. No? Just me? Okay. 

I doubt its Aaron that would go down as one of the biggest flops of all times. i think he was there to be  a deliberate red herring. 

I was thinking in my head if they REALLY wanted to make this shocking and make Negan look like a complete bad ass that dont give a damn let it be Rosita. She is a nothing charchter now and no-one would expect Negan to destroy a woman like that. That would send into overdrive as no-one would expect negan to be that fierce.

If I was doing this, I would have it being Glenn being killed...but then I would have Negan say something like "that was fun lets do it again" and then take rosita out. Two killings would be shocking especially one being a woman. 

Man who has baseball bat as weapon uses baseball bat as weapon, in pretty much the exact way anyone would use a baseball bat as a weapon.  I heard Negan is completely off the reservation.  I read an article where Andrew Lincoln said his entrance into the show was one of the best ever.  Regardless of who he has killed, his entrance has, given the hype and reputation that preceded him, been about as limp as it could have been.  Even ignoring the cliffhanger, they've f**ked up.  But taking it into account, massive letdown.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BOF said:

Man who has baseball bat as weapon uses baseball bat as weapon, in pretty much the exact way anyone would use a baseball bat as a weapon.  I heard Negan is completely off the reservation.  I read an article where Andrew Lincoln said his entrance into the show was one of the best ever.  Regardless of who he has killed, his entrance has, given the hype and reputation that preceded him, been about as limp as it could have been.  Even ignoring the cliffhanger, they've f**ked up.  But taking it into account, massive letdown.

To be honest I actually thought what Negan said was well written. i particularly liked"when I sent my people to kill your people you killed more of my people...not cool, not cool" The way he delivered that one was really great then with a sinister smile when he said your going to so regret crossing me in a few minutes. 

The actor who played him did a great job, it just went on for way too long and obviously the ending was a complete flop.

I think all the talking from Negan in that scene would have been a great build up if they had shown the actual beating afterwards.

People who didn't know anything about it might have watched it thinking that he talks a lot, is creepy but there's also something kind of amusing about him only to then watch in horror as he gruesomely smashes the head of a character they've grown to love into a mushy pulp. 

Â