*spoilers* The Walking Dead *spoilers*

dont_do_it_doug.

I actually watched it up to the end of the series. You're right, nothing really did happen, and even the death of one of the 'main' characters was incredibly low key. A waste too given how they were shaping up, would have been a great origin story for a villian in the current TWD timeline. The finale was so memorable I can't even really remember what happened, and I only watched it the other day. Oh...yeah.

Spoiler

Mexico turns out to be a bit rubbish so most of our guys decide to end their holiday and go back the the good Ol' USA. They've spotted a chopper over there, which is nice. So they take some of their Mexican chums with them, as they figure it'll be pretty chill, but oops, turns out the border force have been unaffected by the zombie apocalypse and shoot all the Mexican's. Trump would approve.

I can't see it having too many more series', although some characters are salvageable so they could pop up in TWD. Maybe even the one that 'died'...

The current comic story arc is really good btw, it'll transfer to tv in spectacular fashion.

Edited by hogso

7 hours ago, hogso said:

I actually watched it up to the end of the series. You're right, nothing really did happen, and even the death of one of the 'main' characters was incredibly low key. A waste too given how they were shaping up, would have been a great origin story for a villian in the current TWD timeline. The finale was so memorable I can't even really remember what happened, and I only watched it the other day. Oh...yeah.

Hide contents

Mexico turns out to be a bit rubbish so most of our guys decide to end their holiday and go back the the good Ol' USA. They've spotted a chopper over there, which is nice. So they take some of their Mexican chums with them, as they figure it'll be pretty chill, but oops, turns out the border force have been unaffected by the zombie apocalypse and shoot all the Mexican's. Trump would approve.

I can't see it having too many more series', although some characters are salvageable so they could pop up in TWD. Maybe even the one that 'died'...

The current comic story arc is really good btw, it'll transfer to tv in spectacular fashion.

Only strand and nick are the only decent characters, have to agree fear the walking dead is pretty lame

On 11/10/2016 at 10:57, Paddywhack said:

Only two weeks left until we find out. I'm amazed they've been able to keep it quiet all this time, they've done well.

They did it by threatening fans with copyright infringement if they even attempted to speculate.  That's right.  Even **** GUESSING online was being threatened with legal action.  **** words removed of the highest order.  I hope people walk away in their droves before season 7 after the disdain shown to them in season 6.

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Hope they go with the story in the comic.

Very rarely is it a positive result when series or films stray from the source material.

I haven't read the comic but I know someone who has and they say it has already strayed away from it quite significantly in certain areas and on one occasion very early on they ruined something massive that they can never put right.

Just now, BOF said:

I haven't read the comic but I know someone who has and they say it has already strayed away from it quite significantly in certain areas and on one occasion very early on they ruined something massive that they can never put right.

Your friend is right.

Among other things the whole story around the Governor was very meek. 

I'm not up to speed completely, but I've read as far as the end of compendium 3 (comic #144)

Tv series is around comic #100 or so.

22 minutes ago, BOF said:

Please tell...

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Please tell...

I'll have to ask him again.  He told me what it was before but I've forgotten.  I only remember that they majorly **** up the story, whether intentionally or otherwise.

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

If it's not Glenn, Maggie or Daryl then I think it will lose a huge amount of impact.

Abraham is a good character but there's no way his death would be important enough.

Wont be Maggie, and Daryl would mean the show will just die as he is so popular. I think it will be Abraham or Glenn. It could be Glenn as you kind of hear a woman scream which could be Maggie

Just now, lapal_fan said:

No one dies, just very badly injured.

my guess.

Haha! **** hell, can you imagine that? The sound of millions of Walking Dead fans shouting 'WHAT THE ****?!' would probably break the world.

• Like 1

Just now, Designer1 said:

Haha! **** hell, can you imagine that? The sound of millions of Walking Dead fans shouting 'WHAT THE ****?!' would probably break the world.

Isn't lesson number 1 in film making is that you should never give the audience what they want.  Give them what they think they want?

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

A bit like they did at the end of season 6 after waiting the whole series for a payoff?  I'm still not over that btw!  Then AMC's behaviour during the summer just sealed the deal for me.

Just now, lapal_fan said:

Isn't lesson number 1 in film making is that you should never give the audience what they want.  Give them what they think they want?

No.

Lesson number 1 in film making is never hire Michael Bay.

**** still manages to slip through the net sometimes though :rant:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

A bit like they did at the end of season 6 after waiting the whole series for a payoff?  I'm still not over that btw!  Then AMC's behaviour during the summer just sealed the deal for me.

Oh I agree that was pretty reprehensible really. It has of course, meant the buzz for the new series is pretty much off the scale.

Whether they'll be able to maintain the momentum remains to be seen though (they won't).

Â