*spoilers* The Walking Dead *spoilers*

dont_do_it_doug.

What a great episode. Some decent writing and a good bit of depth added to Dwight's character.

The only thing that annoyed me was the insistence on Negan acting as an exposition beacon and telling the whole Dwight story instead of letting the audience work it out from the bits and pieces already shown.

Very solid though. That's 3 for 3 for me so far.

I think I'd have enjoyed the last couple of seasons and these three episodes much more if I was binge watching them. Week on week it's dragging. 

We'll be back at Alexandria next week and I can barely remember who's there. 

Just listened to the song Easy Street by Jim Bianco and Petra Haden. In fairness, it is a pleasant enough song, but after last night's episode, its creepy.

Edited by AJ

Time well spent that episode, the depth of character required for Dwight should not be underestimated, so it was all very much necessary.

8 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Heath! Err..Father Gabriel! Girl who used to be in the Governer's gang! ...Jesus?

9 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I think I'd have enjoyed the last couple of seasons and these three episodes much more if I was binge watching them. Week on week it's dragging. 

That bis very true, dont remember them all myself. I cant even remember if the priest is still there or been killed off 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

That bis very true, dont remember them all myself. I cant even remember if the priest is still there or been killed off 

Yeah he took Judith off after finally earning a bit of respect from Rick.

22 minutes ago, BOF said:

I've already dropped out.  Watched first one and have no incentive to go back to it.  So, cyaz :wave: 

Fair enough. I really feel like they've got me until the end now, no matter how bored or uninterested I get. I'm invested.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Fair enough. I really feel like they've got me until the end now, no matter how bored or uninterested I get. I'm invested.

I thought that too and then once I broke free, I realised that the lure was miniscule.  I actually couldn't give a shit what happens them now :)

47 minutes ago, BOF said:

I've already dropped out.  Watched first one and have no incentive to go back to it.  So, cyaz :wave: 

I watched the first one, made the mistake of watching the second one. The first and second second episode's were crap and I can't be bothered with it anymore

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I thought that too and then once I broke free, I realised that the lure was miniscule.  I actually couldn't give a shit what happens them now :)

Same. I watched the first episode and can't be bothered to find any more.

15 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

the first episode was amazing.  Not sure how that could be the episode to put people off after 7 whole seasons.  I mean you made it through the farm in season 2 for christ sake.

In season 2 it was still a fresh show and I wasn't jaded.  That's not the case after 6 seasons of largely identikit episodes.  The 7 opener was good, but it wasn't enough to keep me involved and in a way it shot its bolt and almost convinced me I was done.

• Like 1

I'm with BOF. I feel like I'm being made to sit through filler episodes because the showrunners don't know where to go next so they're drip feeding us 'character development' whilst they make their mind up. The last three episodes could've been condensed down to one decent episode for all the repetition and meandering dialogue they contained.

I get maybe they were trying to paint us a picture of Negan's 'empire', show us how big and 'ard he is, but they just followed that up with an episode that emphasises he's 'just one man' and makes his character look like some overacting pantomime villain.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

In season 2 it was still a fresh show and I wasn't jaded.  That's not the case after 6 seasons of largely identikit episodes.  The 7 opener was good, but it wasn't enough to keep me involved and in a way it shot its bolt and almost convinced me I was done.

The thing is what more could you have wanted from that episode? It was pretty solid although predicable. I can understand why people are not interested after the ending of season 6. I think they should have maybe killed Abraham to end season 6 and then the second killing end it there as in who did negan kill. wouldn't have been such a backlash 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

The thing is what more could you have wanted from that episode? It was pretty solid although predicable. I can understand why people are not interested after the ending of season 6. I think they should have maybe killed Abraham to end season 6 and then the second killing end it there as in who did negan kill. wouldn't have been such a backlash 

You misunderstand.  I didn't watch the season 7 opener in order to come back to the show.  As you'll see from my recent angry posts in this thread I was done with the show after the various behaviours of AMC (not just relating to the season 6 finale btw).  I only watched the opener as a curiosity because I stumbled across it while channel hopping.  While it was unarguably a very good episode by TWD standards, in that it wasn't like the other 432 episodes, it wasn't enough to entice me back (remember, I was already gone at this stage).

1 hour ago, Delphouneso said:

I feel like I'm being made to sit through filler episodes because the showrunners don't know where to go next so they're drip feeding us 'character development' whilst they make their mind up.

You do realise the tv show is a fairly faithful adaptation of the comic and these 3 episodes are continuing that trend...? They're still about 50 issues behind, so they know exactly where they're taking it. They even teased the next Big Bad in the pre season promo images. 

Edited by hogso
  • Like 2

Â