*spoilers* The Walking Dead *spoilers*

dont_do_it_doug.

8 hours ago, Bunnski said:

I didn't buy into the character, I thought the acting was crap and I've just had enough of the inconsistency on this show which is why I didn't get the required effect from the episode. 

You thought the acting was crap? I am suprised at this as I thought he was excellent playing Negan. He looks bad ass and unpredictable and thats exactly how Negan is in the comics. 

2 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Same rehashed storylines, rick losing it, new bad guy, push the envelope with the gore to paper over the lack of storyline movement.

glenn needed to go, he's character bought nothing else to the show but why kill of Abraham? 

Hmm re hased storylines? I think this a completely direction they have gone in. I guess they felt the need to add a shock factor but it was really predictable. In addition there was so many people calling it. They should have just ended it like how it started this season. then they could have had the flashbacks and everything else that happened in this weeks

9 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

US TV is funny.  Can show absolutely brutal violence but can't say '****' or show bewbs.

I may well be in the minority but I thought the 2 murders were too graphic. My 16 year old used to watch it but I am not going to be happy for him to watch that.

12 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I may well be in the minority but I thought the 2 murders were too graphic. My 16 year old used to watch it but I am not going to be happy for him to watch that.

Well yeah that's kind of my point.  Would you have minded if somebody said the F word?  Apparently that's deemed worse for US network TV.

46 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Well yeah that's kind of my point.  Would you have minded if somebody said the F word?  Apparently that's deemed worse for US network TV.

For a nation that regularly shoot each other in the face, I'm always amazed at how prissy they are around swear words.

• Like 3

As for the episode ... I said I wouldn't watch it but I was flicking last night and it was on (I missed 20 minutes but went back for it after) just as the aftermath of the first killing was playing out.  Must say I agree with @Demitri_C.  Negan's callousness and unpredictability was very well done and added hugely to the tension.  And as for the bad acting.  I don't think it was.  I know what you mean when you say it.  It was hammed up, but from what I'm hearing from people, that's just Negan.  So GDM is playing the character, and I thought within the context of a graphic novel super-villain it was brilliantly done.

I also agree with @mykeyb that they've definitely upped the gore-o-meter from a 7 to a 9 straight off the bat (geddit?) thids time too.  I think it's probably not the best thing to do because you're going to potentially alienate some of your loyal fans (7 seasons in, no less).  It's changing the goalposts on the younger fans or the more squeamish fans and it's undoubtedly a cheap attempt to maybe flash the proverbial knickers at viewers like me who had grown tired of the same old thing every week.

Now just to digress for a moment and clarify what needs to be spoilered.

The non-spoiler discussion in this thread is supposed to go at the pace of the UK show.

So if we are talking about something that has aired on UK TV at the time of posting (IOW Monday 22:00BST) then it does NOT need to be spoilered.  Because *SPOILERS* is literally in the thread title.  With that in mind, if you are coming in here having NOT watched the most recent UK episode then that's entirely your own fault.

On the other hand, if you are posting just after the US episode has aired, about something that HAS NOT yet been on UK TV, or if you're talking about something that WILL DEFINITELY happen on future episodes then that too requires spoilers.  Fan speculation obviously is not a spoiler.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

The non-spoiler discussion in this thread is supposed to go at the pace of the UK show.

So if we are talking about something that has aired on UK TV at the time of posting (IOW Monday 22:00BST) then it does NOT need to be spoilered.  Because *SPOILERS* is literally in the thread title.  With that in mind, if you are coming in here having NOT watched the most recent UK episode then that's entirely your own fault.

On the other hand, if you are posting just after the US episode has aired, about something that HAS NOT yet been on UK TV, or if you're talking about something that WILL DEFINITELY happen on future episodes then that too requires spoilers.  Fan speculation obviously is not a spoiler.

That makes sense  :thumb:

So you can't show an old man popping into a foofoo but someone's eye bulging out of its socket because the skull is caved in and slurring his words because of the brain being half mush is OK.

Right.

2 minutes ago, darrenm said:

So you can't show an old man popping into a foofoo but someone's eye bulging out of its socket because the skull is caved in and slurring his words because of the brain being half mush is OK.

Right.

Funny old world.  As the old saying goes : "Make love not war ... unless it's a TV show, then do the exact opposite".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Right.

Beautiful description there :lol:

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Ah but is that the standard 9pm showing or the 2:30am simulcast?  :P

I've realised why I found Negan so bad. He really reminded me of Cesar Romero's Joker, but not in a good way. I felt he was always on the verge of doing that high pitched giggle with the little skip and a flurry of the arms. 

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Ah but is that the standard 9pm showing or the 2:30am simulcast?  :P

First UK TV showing.  Whatever that is. 9pm Monday night on Fox AFAIK.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

First UK TV showing.  Whatever that is. 9pm Monday night on Fox AFAIK.

Yeah I was being a pedant because it seems they've started showing it at the same time as in the US (like they do with Thrones).

39 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah I was being a pedant because it seems they've started showing it at the same time as in the US (like they do with Thrones).

Yep Fox showed it at 2.30am in the UK. 30 mins after the US broadcast started but it seems that this was a one-off  for the first episode though as it is now back to monday evenings for the rest of the season

26 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Yep Fox showed it at 2.30am in the UK. 30 mins after the US broadcast started but it seems that this was a one-off  for the first episode though as it is now back to monday evenings for the rest of the season

:thumb: Sensible decision given that the cliffhanger was going to be THE talked about thing the day after online, so it would've been ruined for many UKers.

Wonder if there is going to be beef between Rosita and Sasha in this series?

Would be a interesting turn if Sasha double crossed Rosita or vice versa leading to one of their deaths. We havent explored something like that in walking dead before

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

Ahh that's annoying.  I marvelled at the fact that NowTV let me watch it at 8PM with no adverts. Assume that was just a one off too. :(

1 hour ago, troon_villan said:

If they ever kill her off I'll be pissed.  She's the only totty on the show. Bit of a nothing character though. 

What you would take this ravishing creature

Image result for carol walking dead

:trollface:

Edited by Demitri_C

Â