*spoilers* The Walking Dead *spoilers*

dont_do_it_doug.

As a fan of the comic books I think this scene lived up to the way the comics did it. Both very tense and on the edge of my seat. Be interesting to see if they stick with the comics or choose someone else. Negan is a fantastic character and I hope they don't mess him up like they did with the Governor. 

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

As a fan of the comic books I think this scene lived up to the way the comics did it. Both very tense and on the edge of my seat. Be interesting to see if they stick with the comics or choose someone else. Negan is a fantastic character and I hope they don't mess him up like they did with the Governor. 

Fair dooz, but I myself am a comic book fan and I think they robbed the TV audience of the best bit in the series to date.

They didn't do the scene in the comics justice. Not even close.

Edited by Ginko

4 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Fair dooz, but I myself am a comic book fan and I think they robbed the TV audience of the best bit in the series to date.

Why?

7 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Yeah you're right but I think they might show that the next series. I'll be disappointed if they don't

12 hours ago, Nigel said:

Why?

I won't bore everyone by repeating myself but there's a post of mine a few pages back pretty much right after the episode aired that explains my feelings towards it.

12 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah you're right but I think they might show that the next series. I'll be disappointed if they don't

I'm sure they will, but I just think it was a bad decision to leave such a huge gap between knowing it happens and actually seeing it/finding out who was on the receiving end.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2016 at 20:49, DCJonah said:

I think that is part of the problem here, If the only way to see the show as good is to have read the comics then as a show it is failing on its part IMO. 

I watched the Negan episode because of how the spectacle was hyped and I wanted to see if there was going to be an entrance that would truly be tense and the character vicious and scary, he was not! He was just the Governor and I expect a similar story line to play out as the last 4 seasons. Find a base, get involved, over throw, become in charge, do something stupid to mess it up. Next bad guy comes along and repeat. 

I think the show is absolutely terrible now and gave up during season 3 after sticking through season 2 because of a fantastic season 1.

On 14 April 2016 at 18:57, Wainy316 said:

Why do walkers have razor sharp teeth and claws?

They don't really, but I did always find it silly that creatures whose muscles are atrophying so much that they have to shuffle and with bodies in a severe state of decay have the strength to rip humans apart let alone chew through human flesh so easily.

Guess there's a certain amount of suspension of disbelief when it comes to things like this though, eh?

@Nicho To be fair, the Negan storyline (assuming it follows the comics) is actually a bit of a turning point in the series and shouldn't follow the standard formula seen so far.

• 1 month later...

Robert Kirkman said that didn't he? Which is probably more significant than a 'director'. He also said though that the series will go on for a long time, but end eventually. So it could end with his death. I've always though he'd die and Carl would be the new defacto leader, it's been going that way for time.

FTWD has it's mid season finale next week, it still isn't great.

And the next comic arc is called 'The Whisperer War'. Recent events have made this a very exciting prospect, and may very well be AOW II, as I hoped earlier in the thread :D

21 minutes ago, hogso said:

Robert Kirkman said that didn't he? Which is probably more significant than a 'director'. He also said though that the series will go on for a long time, but end eventually. So it could end with his death. I've always though he'd die and Carl would be the new defacto leader, it's been going that way for time.

FTWD has it's mid season finale next week, it still isn't great.

And the next comic arc is called 'The Whisperer War'. Recent events have made this a very exciting prospect, and may very well be AOW II, as I hoped earlier in the thread :D

Sorry my mistake yes  that makes it even more interesting. He also said at some point most will die. I think carl will take over at some point yes, but thats when I think TWD will start going downhill. I would prefer if they are going to go down the route of killing Rick off should be towards end of series, I think they should have like whole group dead except Carol, Daryl, Carl and Rick.Then have Carol and Daryl killed leaving only Rick and Carl. Then have them both killed to end the show.

As for FTWD god its crap and boring. They have even managed to ruin Strand as a charchter. He looked so slick when first came in now he looks like a wimpy nerd. Not enjoying this in the slightest although its interesting where they are going with Chris now. 

• 1 month later...

Although we have to wait until October for season seven of our favourite zombie show, AMC has kindly released a new poster, giving us a sneak peek at the next instalment. 

And it looks as optimistic and cheery as ever...

In the new image we see Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) holding his trusty barbed-wire baseball bat, standing in front of Rick's cowering group - in what appears to be the most harrowing circle time ever.

While we still don't know who will be the next walking dead, the first trailer for season seven will be released on July 22, which may answer some of our burning questions. 

The Walking Dead's official Twitter account tweeted the picture on Thursday (July 14) with the caption: "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe. You are it."

The Walking Dead AMC ✔@WalkingDead_AMC

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe. You are it.
The #TWD Season 7 trailer arrives Friday, July 22 at#TWDSDCC.

The Walking Dead reveals first look at season 7 - and we're even more frustrated than before

The victim's identity, however, was left a deliberate mystery, to the displeasure of many fans.

In true Game of Thrones style, the show isn't afraid to knock off main characters and leave audiences devastated - and the next season doesn't look like it's going to be any more forgiving.

The Walking Dead will be making an appearance at Comic-Con this year, with a panel including Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan and Dania Gurira - oh, and Negan.   

Potential hint there could be more than one death?

Would b great if he took out two people 

• 2 months later...
Â