• El Ahmadi
    • Delph
    • Benteke
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann
    • Tonev (for Al Ahmadi 71)
    • Albrighton (for Weimann 71)
    • Kozák (for Benteke 85)

Not sure we can actually credit the defence for that clean sheet. They missed one of the easiest chances I've ever aeen, hit the bar and should have had a penalty.

Sorry I went to the game guys. Good luck for the 26th and 28th.

Well there is Villa Fans mentality all over !

I know it hasn't been an easy few years guys but get a grip !

So our players are shit, our Manager clueless, the defence were terrible now they are lucky, the attack were lucky now they are terrible, Benteke is a waste of space, we never practice set pieces, Lambert has the tactical nous of a 4 year old and the Team are doomed.............I had to check the table to make sur ewe weren't bottom !!

Hey, I'm fully behind Lambert - always have been, and one of the few I might add.

Credit for sorting the defence out, it's been generally more solid.

I was merely pointing out that on occasions today in the first half it was woeful and had we not been against such a poor team we would have conceded. 99/100 times that open goal is scored, so for that reason you can't just look at the scoreline and say "another clean sheet, good defending" because it wasn't at times.

Disappointing. Although we've clearly improved significantly at the back this season we look worse going forward - mainly because Benteke is looking a shadow of himself. It's not just the lack of goals - he's not winning aerial duels, not linking up the play and generally looks as though he can't be arsed. That was the worst I've seen him play today - needs to snap out of it or he should be dropped. I can also see the case for changing the formation at home - but actually I think that was close to our best XI today and if Benteke had performed I'm sure we would have won.

Ratings:

Guzan - 6: Nothing to do.

Bacuna - 5: Out of position once or twice, didn't do much going forward.

Vlaar - 7: Solid again

Clark - 7: See above

Luna - 6: Got forward well and gave us some extra options, still learning though and out of position a couple of times too.

El Ahmadi - 6: Good first half, faded in the second.

Westwood - 7: Good again I thought. I'd like him to play a little bit further forward though when we're trying to break teams down.

Delph - 5: Looked rusty but we can forgive him that

Weimann - 6: Again, good first half but faded in the second.

Benteke - 3: Really poor. Like watching a bad Heskey performance. Didn't look bothered - worrying.

Gabby - 7: Picked things up second half and looked the only one likely to make things happen.

• Like 3

Overhit / misguided/ underhit passes and a poor first touch is a rotten combo.  Compare that to some of the moves that teams like Arsenal put together.  Add in the lack of someone with good dribbling and close control skills and you're always going to struggle against teams that park the bus.

Our best weapon, Benteke, is in woeful form so it's hard to see where a goal was coming from today.

Yep a player of the quality of Ramsey would probably cost you close to 50 million now. So we have what we have! However an in form Benteke and we'd have won today. You score one goal the game opens up and we would look a different team just like we did against Cardiff. 

I think it is time for Lowton to get another chance at RB. Bacuna was poor at the back and did very little going forward. 

Yup, bring Bacuna into the frame again in one of his more familiar positions also I reckon, although he has done well at right back it surely makes sense to play him in his regular position.

#lambertoutsacktheboardwhathaslernerdoneforuswearealldoomed

Obviously it is all a complete disaster that we played poorly and got a point.  That we are 6 point off the drop zone and it is only December.That we are 4 unbeaten. That we have picked up 4 pts at home in the last 2 games, without letting in  a goal. We would have lost this one last season without a doubt. We also look toothless up front but that is another issue. If people stopped booing and got off their backsides to support Villa at home (9 and a half thousand seats empty on a 3 pm ko), the players might not get so uptight. Just a thought. If we beat either Southampton or Fulham that will put us right back on track.

• Like 1

I've got to watch my language here but that was absolutely pathetic, us daft bastards are out their working our bollocks off for this , absolutely fuming and depressed, come home in a foul mood and I just can't believe what I've watched today, benteke don't look like he cares and I've backed lambert in past and still do but time is running out, he can't keep getting away with the piss poor tactics, we are without doubt the most boring club in the league, you only had to be at villa park today to realise the club is dead, pathetic

• Like 2

All fair points HH but you can't be surprised at the tone of some of these posts as we've been poor at home for a really long time.

4-3-3 is what I'd have played and I'd have picked the same players. We struggle against teams who narrow the space in behind that is pretty obvious.

Given our current constraints/situation I don't really know how we fix it? Give young Jack a chance? MOTM today apparently for Notts County

Just back from the game. Positives - clean sheet, another point, Albrighton looked sharp, gabby did well, Kozak looked interested.

Negatives - dropped 2 points to a really organised yet poor side. Benteke needs dropping as does Bacuna.

Time to get Lowton back at RB.

The refereeing was quite poor as was the atmosphere today. Wonder what Prince William thought of that shite,

I've got to watch my language here but that was absolutely pathetic, us daft bastards are out their working our bollocks off for this , absolutely fuming and depressed, come home in a foul mood and I just can't believe what I've watched today, benteke don't look like he cares and I've backed lambert in past and still do but time is running out, he can't keep getting away with the piss poor tactics, we are without doubt the most boring club in the league, you only had to be at villa park today to realise the club is dead, pathetic

Can't disagree with any of that.

Time to bring back Lowton - a player that has really good movement off the ball and if he played half as good as he did last time we played Sunderland at home we would have won!

Poor performance overall and lacking the attacking midfielder who should have been the top priority in the summer rather than spending money on people who aren't playing like Helenius.

If we would of got beat today but played well I would of said I'm a bit concerned that we lost but we were unlucky , just can't justify another performance like that, we won't go down but come on is this what we should settle for, just give me 1 entertaining performance out of every 3 home games and I'll be a little bit more happier I promise, the club is falling back year after year, the vibe around the ground is awful,

Rugeley your post is a joke an embarrassment. Compare what you have now to what you've had in recent years. This team is young. It needs time to improve. Yes, it needs better players as well but as a group they cost much less than what was there before and I'd argue they are better than what was there before.

10th in the league - TENTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And after the start we have had. What do you want - 3rd, 4th. Or is it just that it hasn't been thrill a minute? When you spend over £5m on players and £60k a week then I'll listen to complaints about lack of excitement.

Piss poor tactics? So you didn't want 4-3-3.....look at other teams, how they play, where they are in the league! There has been plenty of exciting games so if the last two haven't been great then deal with it. We had several players all returning from injury - starting their first game. It was disappointing not to win the game but it is still a point and stops a team below closing the gap!

I'm baffled by this post

Â