• Delph
    • Benteke
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann
    • Tonev (for Al Ahmadi 71)
    • Albrighton (for Weimann 71)
    • Kozák (for Benteke 85)

From the match thread -

The greatest poster VT has seen known as 8pints Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:39 AM

I think it may be slightly delusional to expect a repeat of the scoreline we enjoyed at Villa Park against them last season.

So I'll say 6-0 Villa win. They won't score this time.

I was half right

Edited by 8pints

We've had a sell out within the last 10 home games. Maybe even 2 (Chelsea, Liverpool last year was very close)

chelsea last home game of season was but liverpool was not, ok if were lucky we might have one a season and that's probaly last home game, against united and liverpool we rarely sell out nowadays

10th in the league - TENTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Wow, now I come to think of it, that is just FANTASTIC!!!!!

The epitome of all my dreams for Villa.

I can't remember us ever doing better than TENTH!!!!

What kind of ridiculous expectations for this season do you have if after 1/3 of the season we are sitting 10th after the hardest run of fixtures of any team, and off the back of 3 relegation battles in a row and not be satisfied?

10th aint the problem its the shit we have to watch near enough every week at home. As a club we need to be looking as high as possible(10th probaly be the highest we will end up) which is better than last season but we need to keep progressing each year and if we continue to play the way we are their will be little chance of that, 10th will do me this season but if that's all we have got to look forward to year after year with the football we play then it aint good enough

Just watching match of day, they were really unlucky not to win,

Exactly and that is the point. We were lucky to come away with a point playing at home to the bottom side in the league.

Shite performance, but I can see we are changing the way we play quite a bit at the moment and tightening up massively at the back, which was necessary. I think sooner or later we will find that happy balance between attack and defence, but it may take the acquisition of a creative midfielder.

I really don't know what going on with Benteke at the moment but I'm not sure he's fully fit, he often seems to be hobbling a bit off the ball and holding his leg. He was absolutely woeful today and there were a few times when the ball was played in to him, or into space for him, and he didn't even try too win it.

Guzan- 6 not a lot too do

Bacuna- 5.5 didn't get forward very well and passing was poor.

Clark- 8. Solid again MOTM

Vlaar- 7.5 good game

Luna- 5.5 Caught out of position a few time and passing was a bit off.

El ahamadi- 6 decent first half, anonymous second before going off.

Delph- 6 worst performance of the season from him by far. Gave the ball away a lot in the first half but looked a lot better on the second. First match this season he hasn't been a candidate for MOTM.

Westwood- 7 seems to be coming good now.

Agbonlahor- 8 worked tirelessly and was our biggest attacking threat by far.

Weiman- 6.5 looked a lot better than he has done in the first half but seemed absolutely knackered in the second.

Benteke- 2 probably the worst performance from any Villa player this season. Looked completely dis interested and possibly still injured.

Albrighton and Tonev both looked lively when they came on.

Overall I'm not too fussed and think with so many players returning from injury at the same time we did ok. Next week they'll be much fitter and less rusty and I believe we may surprise some people at Southampton. Only changes I'd like to see would be Lowton back in at right back and Kozak in for Benteke if he's not really 100% fit.

Edited by stegzy
  • Like 2

Not really. They are the most negative team in the league. Park the bus and hit long balls upfield. Horrible little team, if anything, our inability to break down 10 men behind the ball cost us. Draw was fair.

Team needs to improve but there are some fairly typical overreactions on here.

What kind of ridiculous expectations for this season do you have if after 1/3 of the season we are sitting 10th after the hardest run of fixtures of any team, and off the back of 3 relegation battles in a row and not be satisfied?

Err we should be playing amazing and winning games at the same time, ALL the time.

• Like 2

Not really. They are the most negative team in the league. Park the bus and hit long balls upfield. Horrible little team, if anything, our inability to break down 10 men behind the ball cost us. Draw was fair.

but don't you think with hitting bar, missing open goal, penalty not given and also the fact they put ball in the back of the net but was rightly ruled offside, that they wernt unlucky?? Yes they sat back and done it pretty well but they created more than us and in reality should of won, if we had those chances they did people would of been saying we were a tad unlucky, we had a couple of half chances

Wow, now I come to think of it, that is just FANTASTIC!!!!! The epitome of all my dreams for Villa. I can't remember us ever doing better than TENTH!!!!
Well, for starters I expect us to achieve the moderate level of quality needed to beat the worst club in the league at home. Just like the last 5 clubs they played away. In fact, if we are honest, Sunderland were a bit unlucky not to take all 3 points. Secondly, I will disagree with any poster who tries to argue that our current squad, their performances, and league position, are anything but inferior to what we have seen - and been right to expect - in the past. Apologies if this is all absurdly unrealistic. Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Well, for starters I expect us to achieve the moderate level of quality needed to beat the worst club in the league at home. Just like the last 5 clubs they played away. In fact, if we are honest, Sunderland were a bit unlucky not to take all 3 points.

Secondly, I will disagree with any poster who tries to argue that our current squad, their performances, and league position, are anything but inferior to what we have seen - and been right to expect - in the past.

Apologies if the is all absurdly unrealistic.

The discussion is specifically on league position at the moment. You make it seem that 10th is way beneath us at this point in time, when it isn't at all and is where we should have been realistically aiming for at the start of the season.

We have a shite manager who has purchased shite players and we will continue to get performances like this until we get someone who will purchase players who know how to pass and move.

I can't tell if your just trolling or if you really beleive this........what a load of tripe!

We're not Barcelona and we're not going to roll teams over week in, week out. Any premier league teams will be difficult to beat if we are not at the top of our game. Not a good performance, but with four players coming back from injury and our best player not firing that's going to happen each and every week.

Not happy with the performance but happy with another clean sheet and 10th position in the league

Ridiculous post

• Like 1

Yes neither team did enough to win the match. 

Â