• El Ahmadi
    • Delph
    • Benteke
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann
    • Tonev (for Al Ahmadi 71)
    • Albrighton (for Weimann 71)
    • Kozák (for Benteke 85)

It was so negative because the last how many years has been so bloody negative. look at our home form for the last how many seasons and tell me that's exceptable. I'm happy finishing 10th or even 13th for now but performances need to improve because we have been terrible at home this season apart from 2nd half city and last 20mins against cardiff. Ok southampton have spent a lot of money but last year I still enjoyed watching them and they had not spent that much and they were a better team than us last season. You don't need to have a great team to play some good attacking football. Last season was scary because we were genuine relegation material but this season I feel we aint quite and we will be ok. I was really excited when lambert come to villa and I'm still behind him at the moment as I know he has not had the funds to maybe do what he would like but it still does not excuse the terrible football we have to watch. Come on in 19 home games a season how many of them are entertaining??? I'd say you could count on one hand how many are .lerner has got no interest anymore. The 5 year plan is a fantasy, in 5 years the way we are going we will be possibly relegated or at best mid table outfit and for me as a villa fan I want more. I'm I asking for to much?

The more dross that keeps being served up by Lambert and his team of wasters the more I am glad that I gave up my 2 season tickets and saved over £1000.

Keep it up lads, you are driving fans away with season upon season of crap interspersed with spells of utter mediocrity.

Edited by pacbuddies

It was so negative because the last how many years has been so bloody negative. look at our home form for the last how many seasons and tell me that's exceptable. I'm happy finishing 10th or even 13th for now but performances need to improve because we have been terrible at home this season apart from 2nd half city and last 20mins against cardiff. Ok southampton have spent a lot of money but last year I still enjoyed watching them and they had not spent that much and they were a better team than us last season. You don't need to have a great team to play some good attacking football. Last season was scary because we were genuine relegation material but this season I feel we aint quite and we will be ok. I was really excited when lambert come to villa and I'm still behind him at the moment as I know he has not had the funds to maybe do what he would like but it still does not excuse the terrible football we have to watch. Come on in 19 home games a season how many of them are entertaining??? I'd say you could count on one hand how many are .lerner has got no interest anymore. The 5 year plan is a fantasy, in 5 years the way we are going we will be possibly relegated or at best mid table outfit and for me as a villa fan I want more. I'm I asking for to much?

You can't lump the seasons pre-Lambert into the mix as a stick to beat him with.

We are not entertaining at the mo but we are in a situation of rebuilding the squad.  The fact that we were shit under the last managers is exactly why we are rebuilding again!

As I mentioned in another thread, things rarely look attractive during the construction stage.

Edited by StanBalaban

P.s the season started great. We may be 10th at moment but carry on like this and we will be easily bottom half. 4 unbeaten is great in one sense but look who we have played

10th is great, look who we've played.

You can swing it both ways.

Points on the board have to take precedence over attractive football in this phase - especially after the maulings of last season.

Effectively, the first pick XI is the same as last year, barring Bacuna, so cementing our status in the top flight is not necessarily a "gimme" considering how close we came to relegation last year.

If we don't have the cash, we need to do all we can to get points.

In terms of the sloppy play, as HH has stated you're going to get that with the more inexperienced players. One day they'll look like world beaters before become pub players again.

• Like 1

Yes you can. 1 win in 4 against shit opposition. I aint beating lambert with a stick but this season at home is like last season at home. Their has been absolutely no change or progress and personally I think our away form will be up and down. I by no means saying lambert should go I'm just voicing my frustration. This after all is what this forum is about. You would need the patience of a saint not to get pissed off

What gives me the right? Being a villa fan does. Like everyone else on here villa is a big part of my life and I love the club. Like I said I'm behind lambert and I do think he has got the potential to be a really good manager. I really like the bloke and I hope he succeds but like I said it gets to much at times.anyway believe it or not I think we will beat man utd in our next home game so I aint a lost soul yet

• Like 2

I don't know United love playing at Villa Park. When was the last time we beat them at home? Danny Murphy made a good point saying that teams love playing at Villa park because its such a big pitch. Maybe we need to do what Stoke did...

I don't know United love playing at Villa Park. When was the last time we beat them at home? Danny Murphy made a good point saying that teams love playing at Villa park because its such a big pitch. Maybe we need to do what Stoke did...

yes they do but they aint the same team as years gone by. I heard him say that to and I thought the same thing. Villa park is maybe to easy to play at, would it work making pitch smaller? I don't know. Thing is stoke were horrible bastards to play against, we are not a horrible team to play against. Back on topic though benteke was a worry yesterday

Putrid, absolutely dire. With as many bold decisions that Lambert has made since becoming head honcho, surely it can't be too long before Benteke gets benched? A player can only coast on their reputation for so long before questions start being asked. Our entire gameplan revolves around building play through Benteke's (heretofore) impressive holding ability which opens up space around him. Every single time he received the ball today, he was stifled, pressured, and lost the ball. It's unlike anything I've ever seen. And I don't buy that it's a lack of effort either, because at this point he's running the risk of playing himself out of the Belgian starting lineup right before the World Cup. A meager 10-12 goal season and a bench role at the WC seriously hurts his chances of getting that big-time move he will eventually want.

At this rate he will be joining the bomb squad.

Wasn't a good performance, but as an aspiring mid-table team, beating a fellow Premier League side is never a given.

I thought there were a couple of good performances amongst the boredom, namely the centre halves and Westwood.

• Like 3

Apologies if this has already been mentioned in this thread or the match thread, but the amount of time that Sunderland wasted when it came to any sort of dead ball situation was atrocious. Especially towards the end of the game, it was so noticeable. 

At least we didn't lose. Will probably still end the weekend 10th or 11th.

That's optimism right there. Not creating a chance against a poor team like Sunderland is unacceptable. It would have been a catastrophe if we had managed to lose.

Not saying it was acceptable but there's no harm in looking at the positives.

The most positive thing we can look at, is the manager siting down with the team and planning a strategy to dump this woeful attempt at resembling a football team and getting back to performing to a level that this club deserves....and to refrain from making pitiful attempts to convince the spectators that everything is ok.

Just in case anyone thought Aston Villa had a monopoly on fans who have ridiculous expectations of their manager, this from the BBC Live thread:

Shaun in Scotland: Liverpool have been absolutely shocking today, a total disgrace. The game has been slipping away. Brendan Rodgers should have made the changes to stop it and failed to do so and has paid for it. Rodgers' inexperience is why Liverpool wont be in the top four.

Â