• El Ahmadi
    • Delph
    • Benteke
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann
    • Tonev (for Al Ahmadi 71)
    • Albrighton (for Weimann 71)
    • Kozák (for Benteke 85)

Dross. Again. What the **** is going on?

I can't believe the manager would send them out there without a fully-formed plan A, let alone a plan B. Is it just a case of not listening to him?

Good opening 20 minutes. Invited pressure on ourselves by giving the ball away. Benteke was off the boil and constantly fouled every time a ball was played to him. Our inability to break teams down is evident. We need an attacking midfielder who can pick out a pass. Gabby ran his socks off. KEA and Delph looked pretty solid in midfield.

Sunderland's MOTM is the referee, idiotic bookings and bailed on giving us a penalty when Bardsley was yanking on Benteke. He gave us almost no 50/50s and put the pressure back  on us. Sunderland have a bunch of cheating little players - surrounding the referee to try and win a penalty, Gardner diving, Larsson being petulant, their players getting Vlaar booked by protesting.

• Like 2

Gabby and Andi tried, Gabby was better. Westwood was alright aswell, especially in the first half. Luna dropped out of the picture totally in the second half, he probably got tired.

Benteke was so bad I can't believe it.

Ok result since we were closer to losing than winning. Ofcourse, we should've won, Sunderland is pure rubbish. We cannot create or score.

Sunderland's first point away from home since August.

Good job lads, you've excelled yourselves once again.

To be fair, Sunderland also drew away to Southampton.

That said, we should really be beating a team like this.

Not very good at all. 

I think at some point Lambert decided he was tired of making defensive errors. As a result we now have a different style of play.

It was anti-football, but look at the league table. That's probably why Lambert is sticking to the style. Can't help but be disappointed though.  

• Like 1

Putrid, absolutely dire. With as many bold decisions that Lambert has made since becoming head honcho, surely it can't be too long before Benteke gets benched? A player can only coast on their reputation for so long before questions start being asked. Our entire gameplan revolves around building play through Benteke's (heretofore) impressive holding ability which opens up space around him. Every single time he received the ball today, he was stifled, pressured, and lost the ball. It's unlike anything I've ever seen. And I don't buy that it's a lack of effort either, because at this point he's running the risk of playing himself out of the Belgian starting lineup right before the World Cup. A meager 10-12 goal season and a bench role at the WC seriously hurts his chances of getting that big-time move he will eventually want.

Â