Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I'm not so sure that you can just go out & pluck PL strikers out of thin air, let alone get hold of one in the January window.

A bit late in the day to start doing homework on a striker I would have thought, not to mention, most struggling teams would all be looking for a similar loan deal.

I think we may just have to go with what we've got. 4-4-2 being used more but with the emergence of Albrighton, this can work well for us in any case.

Benteke is fit now. We need a creative midfielder. No point signing a striker when we create 2 chances at home.

This is true. Even with Kozak fit we weren't creating chances for him. I think a creative midfielder is a priority even though Kozak's injury has thrown a spanner in the works.

If you want an American midfielder, IMO you have 2 choices. Bradley or Jones. Jones has longer, higher track record in Europe, Bradley is, the more gifted and football intelligent of the two. Never thought he got a fair chance here, can't imagine him being willing to come back.

Why on earth would we want an American midfielder? Bradley was beyond woeful when he was here

And jones runs about like a big horse on the pitch so he is a big no for me.

A quality number 10 is a priorty for me how about a cheeky bid for Shane long

Think he's a lot like Gabby - can be unreal like he was in the first half against us but then goes missing for weeks on end. Wouldn't be a bad shout though.

A quality number 10 is a priorty for me how about a cheeky bid for Shane long

Think he's a lot like Gabby - can be unreal like he was in the first half against us but then goes missing for weeks on end. Wouldn't be a bad shout though.

but he is a better lone striker than gabby

That would be massively frustrating. As i'd rather have the fooking no. 10

What I would envision happening is they probably had identified a number of targets for the "forward thinking" midfield role and they'll reshuffle their list so that the guy at the top is more capable of also sitting deeper in midfield, with an eye to the summer where a true number 10 could be played in front of the January guy without any hassle, but the current guy could still fill that role for us now. Probably a box-to-box sort.

As for buying another striker. I doubt it. An additional loan signing along the likes of Guidetti, who can play up front or pushed out wide if needed, may be called for though. In the meantime, I think Helenius will get his chance and we'll see more variations in formation with Weimann and Gabby more central when Benteke isn't playing.

Even with Kozaks injury, we need to look for midfielders. Recall The Fonz if we get that desperate. Which is unlikely considering we have Weimann, Gabby, Benteke, Helenius and Bowery.

There's no point getting another striker if we're gunna struggle to get the ball to him. 

Kristof Terreur ‏@HLNinEngeland 13m

Steven #Defour is not the first choice of #AVFC manager Paul #Lambert. He's on Villa's list of possible targets, though he'll be expensive.

Goodness, Defour looks half decent, i wonder who first choice is..

Someone cheaper I'd imagine.

Maybe, but price clearly isn't the issue for him personally or he wouldn't even be in a list of targets.

Whoever is his main target, he must believe he is better than Defour. Interesting in my opinion.

Steven #Defour is not the first choice of #AVFC manager Paul #Lambert. He's on Villa's list of possible targets, though he'll be expensive.

Maybe, but price clearly isn't the issue for him personally or he wouldn't even be in a list of targets.

Whoever is his main target, he must believe he is better than Defour. Interesting in my opinion.

Kiyotake? Should be cheaper and Nurnberg are in a lot of danger atm...

If we are going for Kiyotake then I suspect the deal would be done pretty quick. I'm sure if Nurnberg are going to let him go, they will want time to spend some of the cash to strengthen their side, giving their position.

Why not both? AND Ronaldinho.

Alonso / Pirlo with Ronaldinho in front of them both, spraying beautiful long balls to Benteke's chest.

Marvellous.

Pretty sure this is an innuendo. Don't blame you to be honest, absolute pass masters.

• Like 1

If we are going for Kiyotake then I suspect the deal would be done pretty quick. I'm sure if Nurnberg are going to let him go, they will want time to spend some of the cash to strengthen their side, giving their position.

Indeed, well we do need an attacking mid.... quick so helps all parties out!

On a substitute for Kozak... maybe Piotr Parzyszek who we where linked to recently... 16 in 19 this season for De Graafschaap (Holland second division)... Would be cheap apparently! We do need a CB too though maybe Pontus Jansson?? Would rather another experienced CB tbh!

Â