Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

players out of contract in summer in below link (5 pages of them), maybe some cheap one's pick up now?

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/vertragsende/basics_gesamt_2014.html

Some good players, i wouldn't mind seeing Niang (Ac Milan) or Alen Halilovic at Villa

Diego was in there....... Imagine, Brazilian, number ten, beard !?!?

Was Hiam Revivo in there?

Seen Wilson Palacios has been linked with a 500,000 move away from Stoke. Hasn't worked there but was a good player at Tottenham and Wigan.

Cheap, strong, premier league experience, good age. Could be a bargain.

Yes - worth a shout. Would he be able to make an immediate impact this season though ?

Thirded. Great shout.

Seen Wilson Palacios has been linked with a 500,000 move away from Stoke. Hasn't worked there but was a good player at Tottenham and Wigan.

Cheap, strong, premier league experience, good age. Could be a bargain.

Yes - worth a shout. Would he be able to make an immediate impact this season though ?

I think he could stablise the midfield. I think he and Delph would be a could DM partnership which could allow new AM (Hopeful if not wishful thinking) and the front three more freedom to attack with those to covering. 

As said before, possibly in another thread playing the way we do 4-3-3 i really do believe 2 of the 3 in midfield need to be DM for the attacking three to be able to break quickly enough

No thanks. He has been truely awful ever since his brother was kidnapped and killed about four years ago. Would be a waste of wages.

Think i'm right in saying his brother died in 2009, the following season he was good again for Tottenham then got an injury at Stoke which is the reason he dropped down.

A friend of mine in Germany, highly recommends Leon Goretzka, 18. Anyone heard anything of him?

Does anyone think we'll actually sign Defour? It reminds me of the time we signed Jean Makoun. Amazing on FM, didn't seem to work at Villa.

Theres quite a difference between the two players though.

Maybe Chicharito on loan...Moyes doesn't rate him, but he is desperate for playing time in this WC year...

Chicharito (loan)

Lescott (loan, and he'd probably be willing to take a hometown discount on wages)

Kiyotake (straight transfer)

Sorted.

:lol:

If we could do that it would be insane. :)

• Like 1

Its guess work but he was signed in competition with some big teams on a 5 year contract by a club where money does not matter. This was before FFP too.

If you think 20 grand then fair enough, but I think it would be a lot higher.

True you could be correct. I just wouldn't rule it out as unrealistic. Also, City might be happy to pay some of his wages anyway in return for him getting Premier League experience.

As for loan offers for Guidetti, no chance with our wage structure. Same even goes for Jones (I dont know whether thats a good or bad thing)

How much do you think Guidetti is on? Pretty realistic I'd say.

If you have ever played for Man City you are not on realistic wages.

Not really. I doubt he is on any more than 20k p/w.

According to TSM Plug, which I personally find to be one of the most accurate sources for player salaries, Guidetti is on £10k a week .. (he does wear the No 60 shirt, so clearly not a 'first choice' player.)

http://www.tsmplug.com/football/man-city-players-salaries-2014/

• Like 1

No thanks. He has been truely awful ever since his brother was kidnapped and killed about four years ago. Would be a waste of wages.

Think i'm right in saying his brother died in 2009, the following season he was good again for Tottenham then got an injury at Stoke which is the reason he dropped down.

A friend of mine in Germany, highly recommends Leon Goretzka, 18. Anyone heard anything of him?

I think that was the season that marked his decline if I remember correctly.

As for Goretzka, the latest in a line of talents produced by Schalke. Not realistic.

Would love to see the young lad from Bradford City join us, Nakhi Wells. He was amazing against every BPL team inte cup matchtes last year and also tore us apart..

Wasn't it Zavon Hines? I wouldn't mind seeing Hines come in. Incredibly fast and pretty skillful. Would cost next to nothing and would be a good impact player. Would much rather see him coming off the bench than Bowery

players out of contract in summer in below link (5 pages of them), maybe some cheap one's pick up now?

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/vertragsende/basics_gesamt_2014.html

Some good players, i wouldn't mind seeing Niang (Ac Milan) or Alen Halilovic at Villa

Joe Ledley Could be an interesting option from the list. Always thought he was good at Cardiff.

Wages reportedly 13,600 Euros so around £11,300 a week  

Palacios had a fire and drive that raised his game to a level far beyond his abilities.

That died with his brother, hasn't looked hungry since. You never know, but I wouldn't risk signing him.

Strikes me as similiar case to Alan Hutton, Darren Bent and Charles N'Zogbia, they've all been quality players at a point, but aren't delivering or looking interested anymore.

Just going through the motions to pocket their wages.

Would love to see the young lad from Bradford City join us, Nakhi Wells. He was amazing against every BPL team inte cup matchtes last year and also tore us apart..

Wasn't it Zavon Hines? I wouldn't mind seeing Hines come in. Incredibly fast and pretty skillful. Would cost next to nothing and would be a good impact player. Would much rather see him coming off the bench than Bowery

There were several players tearing us apart, Hines, Wells and their big man upfront Hanson..

I think that was the season that marked his decline if I remember correctly.

As for Goretzka, the latest in a line of talents produced by Schalke. Not realistic.

goretzka came through at bochum and has already moved to schalke, agree he's not realistic

the latest talent to come through through schalke's set up is meyer, also very good and very unrealistic :( 

Â