Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Defour might have some legs, scouts watching him play, him coming out saying he wants to play in the prem etc

Could be an interesting move for both parties (himself and the club)

That said I can't see us paying up what Porto will want unless there has been a shift/change in the wage/transfer budget structure recently.

Would be brilliant for the team if we could get him.... Might be a loan though.  Can always dream I guess =/

Who do you think we stand a greater chance of signing in this window:

Kevin de Bruyne

OR

Steven Defour

Genuine question, albeit highly speculative, and no obvious answers like 'Neither'

I think Defour, but i would prefer de Bruyne.

Kevin de Bruyne

OR

Steven Defour

Genuine question, albeit highly speculative, and no obvious answers like 'Neither'

Defour.... De Bruyne will go to Germany or will stay at Chel$ki

Kevin de Bruyne

OR

Steven Defour

Defour

I think we have no chance of getting De Bruyne and if we do get Defour it will probably only be a loan

If Heitinga is going to Newcastle, Steven Taylor to us? 

Helllllllll no.

Not a big fan of his either but better then Mancienne imo.

I doubt Gabby is a big fan of Taylor's either !!!!

agree, defour cost porto around £5m, i think if they recouped that or at least near that then they'd be happy, the £25m for de bruyne is ridiculous but thats probably what they've bought him for, he can either fulfill his potential there or chelsea cash in on him, wouldnt be surprised if they are on similar wages too

think if a loan was more likely id prefer defour anyway, de bruyne would be another walker

There was a Defour thread a few years ago and at that time he was said to have agreed a deal with Man Utd.Whatever happened with that.

Not sure tbh, Porto signed Defour and Mangala from Liege at the same time... Maybe a deal for the two of them at the time was better for Liege?

Kevin de Bruyne

OR

Steven Defour

Defour.

de Bruyne would command a large transfer fee. Around £20m I would guess. Chelsea want to sell, probably to bring in another striker for a title push, rather than send him out on loan. Seems pretty clear they want to cash in.

Defour has dropped out of favour in the past two months at Porto. He will want first team football in the run up to the World Cup. We probably have a better shot at enticing him on a loan than a transfer because as soon as other clubs get a sniff that he's available on a transfer, they would probably be able to offer greater wages than we could.

As to who I would prefer? Probably Defour. de Bruyne is the more talented player but Defour would offer the greater level of improvement for one of our main weaknesses at the moment.

Edited by Wes

I only mentioned the Heitinga thing because he sort of fitted the supposed criteria we're using for potential players 

ie

experienced in the Premier League

In one of the positions we may strengthen

May not cost an arm and a leg

Might consider a move to us given current playing/contract circumstances

Back to wildly speculating about other players it is then  :D

I wish we had firmed up our interest up in Lucas Piazón at the start of the season he’s banging them in for Vitesse now L

I think he’s on loan until the end of this season so maybe we will try again in the summer. Not much use for this window but he is the sort of AM we need.

I adore Piazon. I think with Chelsea buying so many attacking midfielders we may even have a slim chance of pinching him from them in the summer. I think he'd have a similiar impact for us as Coutinho for Liverpool.

Whilst we're on the subject of the Dutch league, there really is a host of young attacking midfield talent in that league at the moment. Fun to watch.

This. I hope we are keeping an eye on another Chelsea loanee - Thorgan Hazard - too. He has been very impressive both last season and so far this. Like Piazon, it is unlikely that he'll be able to get a look-in with the Chelsea first-team. Unlikely that he'll want to go back to Belgium on loan for a third year running, so a possible hope of signing him too I'd like to think.

Lambert was slated for buying Kozac in the first place-The board would go into meltdown if he bought another one in.

With Kozak out for the rest of the season we'd be bonkers not to. Neither Bowery or Helenius are going to get goals if any of our first choice strikers are out for any length of time.

Â