Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

That article from Nursey is quite interesting in that he mentions were looking at an all round midfielder from abroad and Defour would certainly fit that bill. He's got good experience, was a captain for his team at 19 and according to a couple of different sites, his salary is about €12-13k a week too ? No idea how well he's been playing for Porto but he's always looked a good player for Belgium and looked great at Standard Liege too.

If that salary is true (I'm not doubting you btw) it's no bloody wonder so many teams look abroad for players.

Well dressed, former forward spotted at BMH training complex with a view to being offered a short term contract

goomba_zps61f9b80d.jpg

Marlon Harewood welcome back

You horrible man.

Funny though ;-)

being linked with Jermaine Jones in Daily Mail, he was awful few years ago at Blackburn on loan.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2532703/Jermaine-Jones-set-Schalke-exit-Villa-West-Brom-Sunderland-eye-USA-midfielder.html

A cluster of Premier League clubs have been alerted to the availability of Jermaine Jones, with the likelihood of the player leaving Schalke this month growing stronger. 

The 32-year-old, who spent time on loan at Blackburn Rovers three seasons ago, hasn’t travelled to the club’s January training camp in Doha.

And Jones, out of contract in the summer, wants a move away from Gelsenkirchen quickly. Schalke are keen to make some money back on the midfielder they signed in 2007.

Aston Villa, West Brom, Sunderland, Norwich and Crystal Palace are all keeping tabs on the situation. 

Although his spell at the Veltins Arena is coming to an end, Jones has made 18 appearances for Schalke this season - including both Champions League defeats against Chelsea.

Any move to England would be short-term, with Jones desperate for game time ahead of the World Cup in Brazil this summer. 

The midfielder has been capped 38 times for the USA - despite being born in Germany.

Old but still a very good midfielder. He starts consistently for a champions league club.

tumblr_mk4lpawwNM1ry8gmfo1_500.jpg

The hair of a 75 year old woman?

Gerrim in!

I know he's kinda old, but one of the founding fathers?

From what i've seen of him (mostly Schalke & USA games)i quite like it

being linked with Jermaine Jones in Daily Mail, he was awful few years ago at Blackburn on loan.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2532703/Jermaine-Jones-set-Schalke-exit-Villa-West-Brom-Sunderland-eye-USA-midfielder.html

A cluster of Premier League clubs have been alerted to the availability of Jermaine Jones, with the likelihood of the player leaving Schalke this month growing stronger. 

The 32-year-old, who spent time on loan at Blackburn Rovers three seasons ago, hasn’t travelled to the club’s January training camp in Doha.

And Jones, out of contract in the summer, wants a move away from Gelsenkirchen quickly. Schalke are keen to make some money back on the midfielder they signed in 2007.

Aston Villa, West Brom, Sunderland, Norwich and Crystal Palace are all keeping tabs on the situation. 

Although his spell at the Veltins Arena is coming to an end, Jones has made 18 appearances for Schalke this season - including both Champions League defeats against Chelsea.

Any move to England would be short-term, with Jones desperate for game time ahead of the World Cup in Brazil this summer. 

The midfielder has been capped 38 times for the USA - despite being born in Germany.

It's an interesting link. I know there's been talk of him wanting to make a move to MLS in the near future, as he owns a house in Los Angeles. Perhaps a short-term deal with a Premiership club would give him the opportunity to play at a high level prior to the World Cup and then move on afterward. If he does come here, let me warn you--as an American who has seen plenty of him over the past couple of years--that although he's a very good player, he can also be an infuriating player. You never know whether he's going to be a steady presence in the midfield or a reckless and ill-disciplined liability. If Michael Bradley is the reliable standby in the American midfield, Jones is the wildcard. I have no idea which aspect he'd bring to Villa.

Â