Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

The Daily Telegraph reckon Newcastle have bid 4 mil for Cabella (Montpellier). He's been fantastic when i've seen him - albeit not many occasions - and he tore arsenal a new hole earlier this season. Also has a fantastic goal/assist record and is well on form. If 4 mil is his price i can see a LOT of teams being interested and we should be one of them. If not then we should be spending next to that money for similar talent. Link here for those interested.

Just using this as an example of what could be out there for the same price, seeing as this is speculation and all. Edited by tomh621

Who do you think we stand a greater chance of signing in this window:

Kevin de Bruyne

OR

Steven Defour

Genuine question, albeit highly speculative, and no obvious answers like 'Neither'

I think Defour, but i would prefer de Bruyne.

Absolutely no chance of signing De Bruyne, most likely to sign Defour if Lambert has the funds to.

The Daily Telegraph reckon Newcastle have bid 4 mil for Cabella (Montpellier). He's been fantastic when i've seen him - albeit not many occasions - and he tore arsenal a new hole earlier this season. Also has a fantastic goal/assist record and is well on form. If 4 mil is his price i can see a LOT of teams being interested and we should be one of them. If not then we should be spending next to that money for similar talent. Link here for those interested.

Why would you go to Villa when you can go to your national team?

• Like 1

I'd need a new laptop if we got Cabella... He's a cracking little player... Very much a Valbuena-esc player... can win a game on his own!

Hell yeah. Big wages prob if Newcastle are in

**** young and hungry, can we just build a team of beards? Anyone that can't/won't grow a beard of at least Luna's thickness will have their contract terminated immediately.

I second this!!! Guzan should grow a beard... would make him even more invincible!!

Just using this as an example of what could be out there for the same price, seeing as this is speculation and all.

I love players like this. He has the ball on a string. So naturally technically gifted. Reminds me of Kiyotake and Belhanda. When was the last time we had a player like this? Young was good but he didnt have that ability.. he was more of a one trick pony.

On a substitute for Kozak... maybe Piotr Parzyszek who we where linked to recently... 16 in 19 this season for De Graafschaap (Holland second division)... Would be cheap apparently! We do need a CB too though maybe Pontus Jansson?? Would rather another experienced CB tbh!

Sure I read Parzyszek has agreed a deal with Benfica. Joining in the Summer I think.

Edited by adz.villa

Why would you go to Villa when you can go to your national team?
very true haha

Hell yeah. Big wages prob if Newcastle are in
definitely a big wage problem for us if Newcastle are in! But like I said .... 4 million?! We should be sparing for mil for that sort of talent whether it's for him or or not Edited by tomh621

It looks like Lamberts been forced to rethink due to Kozak's injury. I still think the midfield is the priority but we really do need another striker, maybe a loan? because at the moment both Benteke and Weimann are out of form, Bowery's useless, Helenius isn't ready and Gabby's somewhat inconsistent.

Edited by Supervillan78

Â