Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Defour as a permanent signing. Guidetti on loan to end of season. Possibly another DM on loan.. would love Essien on loan but we know that wont happen but that style of player.

Imagine though.

Lowton Vlaar Okore Luna

Essien Delph

Defour

Guidetti Benteke Gabby

We are not far off a decent side. I am not a scout but hopefully we can find a reasonable player at DM since we cant afford Essien. Summer we would need to find a good left back.

Kristof Terreur ‏@HLNinEngeland 13m

Steven #Defour is not the first choice of #AVFC manager Paul #Lambert. He's on Villa's list of possible targets, though he'll be expensive.

Goodness, Defour looks half decent, i wonder who first choice is..
Someone cheaper I'd imagine.

Maybe, but price clearly isn't the issue for him personally or he wouldn't even be in a list of targets.

Whoever is his main target, he must believe he is better than Defour. Interesting in my opinion.

Kiyotake? Should be cheaper and Nurnberg are in a lot of danger atm...

According to reports, highlights and contacts I wouldn't want Kiyotake, Nurnberg are bottom of the Bundesliga with zero wins all season. Four assists and two goals in 17 appearances this season is embarrassing for a so called number 10, I'd rather have Tom Ince tbh.

Edited by Avflife

Steven #Defour is not the first choice of #AVFC manager Paul #Lambert. He's on Villa's list of possible targets, though he'll be expensive.

Maybe, but price clearly isn't the issue for him personally or he wouldn't even be in a list of targets.

Whoever is his main target, he must believe he is better than Defour. Interesting in my opinion.

According to reports, highlights and contacts I wouldn't want Kiyotake, Nurnberg are bottom of the Bundesliga with zero wins all season. Four assists and two goals in 17 appearances this season is embarrassing for a so called number 10, I'd rather have Tom Ince tbh.
only as good as your team though! If he assisted all the goals scored for example and scored the rest himself that's not bad at all.

He got 4 Goals and 11 assists in the whole of last season, so to get 2 goals and 4 assists in a team 2nd bottom of the league who also haven't won a game yet shows the player has ability. Maybe he's already got his heart set on a move and that's factored in on his performances?

• Like 1

Now that Kozak is out for the rest of the season, if Lambert decides to go for another striker on loan, anyone think he might go for Kenwyne Jones, or Bafetimbi Gomis? We were linked with both these players last year. Definitely need an attacking midfield player before we sign any strikers tho IMO.

James Nursey is saying we have no specific plans or urgency to sign anyone in the transfer window.

good to know eh

This is the same Nursey though who at the beginning of last January said there would be 'activity' in the next week or so. Lambert then came out and said we might not even sign anyone. He has contacts but his world isn't to be taking as gospel. Got it wrong many times.

I don't get the hype around Guidetti.

You had to have seen him at Feyenoord. He was immensely good that season. I don't think he'd have a problem with the pace or physicality of this league either.

We don't need a new striker. Providing he gets no more injuries Benteke will be playing up top and if he's out then we have Helenius, Gabby, Weimann and even Bowery who can all fill in.

He had these options available before he spent money on Kozak instead of positions of greater priority. I wouldn't put it past him to do the same again.

That Jordan Mutch looks class. I think hes a former bluenose but fk it I have no problem with him using them to become a good enough player to play for us.

The pun potential is great. I have a friend who's a cardiff fan (I'm a rovers and villa fan and he's a cardiff fan from America, I just realized that's pretty damn weird) and when he scored against Sunderland I sent him "that was a Mutch needed goal." Not amazing, but you can do a lot with that.

• Like 1

He got 4 Goals and 11 assists in the whole of last season, so to get 2 goals and 4 assists in a team 2nd bottom of the league who also haven't won a game yet shows the player has ability. Maybe he's already got his heart set on a move and that's factored in on his performances?

Maybe its called a fluke, he still has to earn his place at the WC this year, so I really doubt he has 'got his heart set on a move, that's factored on his performances'.

Maybe its called a fluke, he still has to earn his place at the WC this year, so I really doubt he has 'got his heart set on a move, that's factored on his performances'.

He also drops into the midfield more than other number 10s. He's not purely a creative player, it can sometimes become a flat 4-5-1 as he's willing able to play more defensive. That would hurt his raw stats, though the contributions would show up on things like pro zone. (I miss big Sam and his stats)

James Nursery has said Lambert is looking at strikers to replace Kozak. I hope to god he means on loan. What is the point in using what funds he has on an area where we already have adequate cover? Get a wide player in and it frees up Weiman or even Gabby to play up front if necessary. We are severely lacking in several other areas and the money we do have would be so much better spent in those areas. Strikers are the most expensive position to buy for, so if we were to get anybody worth getting, we could instead get some real creativity. If we had some creativity and the goals still weren't forthcoming, we could always recall Bent as a last ditch solution. I really don't think a new permanent striker is anything like a priority at the moment :(

• Like 3

James Nursery has said Lambert is looking at strikers to replace Kozak. I hope to god he means on loan. What is the point in using what funds he has on an area where we already have adequate cover? Get a wide player in and it frees up Weiman or even Gabby to play up front if necessary. We are severely lacking in several other areas and the money we do have would be so much better spent in those areas. Strikers are the most expensive position to buy for, so if we were to get anybody worth getting, we could instead get some real creativity. If we had some creativity and the goals still weren't forthcoming, we could always recall Bent as a last ditch solution. I really don't think a new permanent striker is anything like a priority at the moment :(

Good post. The option of playing Gabby and Weimann up front should the worst happen is what any pragmatic manager would do but this is Lambert we are talking about and I'm not sure how he'd cope without a big-guy for us to lump it to.

I doubt it is possible to recall Bent either.

I could see Palacios coming here. Id guess he would accept the kind of wages we would offer in return for regular football.

As for loan offers for Guidetti, no chance with our wage structure.  Same even goes for Jones (I dont know whether thats a good or bad thing)

Seen Wilson Palacios has been linked with a 500,000 move away from Stoke. Hasn't worked there but was a good player at Tottenham and Wigan.

Cheap, strong, premier league experience, good age. Could be a bargain.

Yes - worth a shout. Would he be able to make an immediate impact this season though ?

Seen Wilson Palacios has been linked with a 500,000 move away from Stoke. Hasn't worked there but was a good player at Tottenham and Wigan. Cheap, strong, premier league experience, good age. Could be a bargain.

No thanks. He has been truely awful ever since his brother was kidnapped and killed about four years ago. Would be a waste of wages.

As for loan offers for Guidetti, no chance with our wage structure. Same even goes for Jones (I dont know whether thats a good or bad thing)

How much do you think Guidetti is on? Pretty realistic I'd say.

Edited by Isa

As for loan offers for Guidetti, no chance with our wage structure. Same even goes for Jones (I dont know whether thats a good or bad thing)

If you have ever played for Man City you are not on realistic wages.

Not really. I doubt he is on any more than 20k p/w.

Maybe Chicharito on loan...Moyes doesn't rate him, but he is desperate for playing time in this WC year...

Chicharito (loan)

Lescott (loan, and he'd probably be willing to take a hometown discount on wages)

Kiyotake (straight transfer)

Sorted.

Edited by maqroll

Not really. I doubt he is on any more than 20k p/w.

Its guess work but he was signed in competition with some big teams on a 5 year contract by a club where money does not matter. This was before FFP too.

If you think 20 grand then fair enough, but I think it would be a lot higher.

Â