Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

As for loan offers for Guidetti, no chance with our wage structure. Same even goes for Jones (I dont know whether thats a good or bad thing)

How much do you think Guidetti is on? Pretty realistic I'd say.

If you have ever played for Man City you are not on realistic wages.

Not really. I doubt he is on any more than 20k p/w.

According to TSM Plug, which I personally find to be one of the most accurate sources for player salaries, Guidetti is on £10k a week .. (he does wear the No 60 shirt, so clearly not a 'first choice' player.)

http://www.tsmplug.com/football/man-city-players-salaries-2014/

Is this accurate mate, Shay Given 25k a week at Villa?? thought he was more like 65/70k

• Like 1

Would love to see the young lad from Bradford City join us, Nakhi Wells. He was amazing against every BPL team inte cup matchtes last year and also tore us apart..

Wasn't it Zavon Hines? I wouldn't mind seeing Hines come in. Incredibly fast and pretty skillful. Would cost next to nothing and would be a good impact player. Would much rather see him coming off the bench than Bowery

There were several players tearing us apart, Hines, Wells and their big man upfront Hanson..
True. Hines is the one that stands out for me though. Have always rated him. His career has obviously gone backwards since West Ham but with his pace and dribbling he'll always be a threat

Would love to see the young lad from Bradford City join us, Nakhi Wells. He was amazing against every BPL team inte cup matchtes last year and also tore us apart..

Wasn't it Zavon Hines? I wouldn't mind seeing Hines come in. Incredibly fast and pretty skillful. Would cost next to nothing and would be a good impact player. Would much rather see him coming off the bench than Bowery

There were several players tearing us apart, Hines, Wells and their big man upfront Hanson..

True. Hines is the one that stands out for me though. Have always rated him. His career has obviously gone backwards since West Ham but with his pace and dribbling he'll always be a threat

Hines plays for Dagenham & Redbridge now

An AM is priority, the same as it was the last transfer window. I can't believe Lambert would ignore the fact again to bring in another striker.

Ffs he has already said he wants an experienced midfielder and HH has confirmed this. Stop slaging PL off for the smallest things!

No thanks. He has been truely awful ever since his brother was kidnapped and killed about four years ago. Would be a waste of wages.

Think i'm right in saying his brother died in 2009, the following season he was good again for Tottenham then got an injury at Stoke which is the reason he dropped down.

A friend of mine in Germany, highly recommends Leon Goretzka, 18. Anyone heard anything of him?

I think that was the season that marked his decline if I remember correctly.

As for Goretzka, the latest in a line of talents produced by Schalke. Not realistic.

goretzka came through at bochum and has already moved to schalke, agree he's not realistic

the latest talent to come through through schalke's set up is meyer, also very good and very unrealistic :(

Yeah sorry, I was mixing him up with with Meyer in my head but yeah, still unrealistic.

An AM is priority, the same as it was the last transfer window. I can't believe Lambert would ignore the fact again to bring in another striker.

Ffs he has already said he wants an experienced midfielder and HH has confirmed this. Stop slaging PL off for the smallest things!

And HH said that before the Kozak injury and the press have hinted the focus may now change.

And HH said that before the Kozak injury and the press have hinted the focus may now change.

To be fair Lambert himself hinted that he'd have to rethink things.

If he brings in a striker it will have to be a loan deal. He didn't spend £7m on kozak to get him for one season, so he won't want to spend more money on a long term signing to be left overstocked for next season. I reckon levels of spending are such that he'll need to fork out a loan fee or hefty wages on a loan target man which will hamper his plans to sign a long term midfielder.

What about the likes of Thomas kahlenberg, Tranquillo Barnetta, Eljero Elia, or Stijn Schaars?

For me they all fit that Vlaar/Bouma/Lausen mould - would be cheapish, have bags of big club and international experience, and are decent quality.

Ince will be to much money and I think his wages will be to high cause I recon he will be looking for a big move. Sad but true

agree, i think ince will be billy big bollocks and ask for silly money, either that or star for us for 2 years before asking for a move to a manchester clubs bench

he'd be repeating the mistakes of MON to me

To be fair Lambert himself hinted that he'd have to rethink things.

If he brings in a striker it will have to be a loan deal. He didn't spend £7m on kozak to get him for one season, so he won't want to spend more money on a long term signing to be left overstocked for next season. I reckon levels of spending are such that he'll need to fork out a loan fee or hefty wages on a loan target man which will hamper his plans to sign a long term midfielder.

A loan for a striker is taking wages away from other areas we need to improve.

We have 5 fit strikers at the club, 3 of them were signed by Lambert. If he buys another instead of filling other gaps then IMO he can no longer hide behind financial constraints. Kozak was already wasted money on an area that wasn't as important as others, he can't afford to make that mistake again.

Ince will be to much money and I think his wages will be to high cause I recon he will be looking for a big move. Sad but true

agree, i think ince will be billy big bollocks and ask for silly money, either that or star for us for 2 years before asking for a move to a manchester clubs bench

he'd be repeating the mistakes of MON to me

I don't see the problem with the second option. We'll never going to be able to keep our best players anyway unless we are a regular top-four side. If we buy a player, they play well and we sell for big profit in a couple of years then that works for me.

No need...it was just a comment.

Â