Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I am frustrated. I feel that we could push on with a player or two more added to the squad. We are looking comfortable in the league for now, but our paper-thin squad is only one or two injuries away from a crisis, lose Vlaar, Delph or Benteke for a significant period and we will struggle. I'm not angry, I'm not panicking, I'm not being a petulant, spoilt child clamouring for us to spend Man City money, but would have liked a couple more players of high quality, like Bertrand to secure our place in the league, and feel that the club could have done something if Lambert had been given sufficient funds. I don't think my position is unreasonable.

• Like 2

2 on loan ?....that's it ?.....lazy management. If our manager doesn't think he needs anyone else to improve us he is sadly deluded. Not a reaction to no action on deadline day, we've had a month to beef up a fairly lightweight squad......but hey ho, wel go again....the current squad are working their nuts off, but no help from upstairs it seems....

Jesus Christ how many times, it isn't anything to do with what the manager wants its to do with what the board allow - which is basically **** all

• Like 2

2 on loan ?....that's it ?.....lazy management. If our manager doesn't think he needs anyone else to improve us he is sadly deluded. Not a reaction to no action on deadline day, we've had a month to beef up a fairly lightweight squad......but hey ho, wel go again....the current squad are working their nuts off, but no help from upstairs it seems....

He's had about £2.50 to work with.....

• Like 2

January windows are always harder as clubs typically pay a bigger premium for players. Deals can take time and it doesn't work like Football Manager.

Your profile pic is truely shocking. Considered changing it? GET BACKKK!! WHERE ARE YOU GOING

Well lets hope this don't backfire on Lambert if we get a couple of injurys to key players we could be up the creek! We really should have added a couple more. But what can you do when you have Monty Burns as your chairman!

Edited by calcifer

I am frustrated. I feel that we could push on with a player or two more added to the squad. We are looking comfortable in the league for now, but our paper-thin squad is only one or two injuries away from a crisis, lose Vlaar, Delph or Benteke for a significant period and we will struggle. I'm not angry, I'm not panicking, I'm not being a petulant, spoilt child clamouring for us to spend Man City money, but would have liked a couple more players of high quality, like Bertrand to secure our place in the league, and feel that the club could have done something if Lambert had been given sufficient funds. I don't think my position is unreasonable.

It's not unreasonable. But maybe there just wasn't anyone worth paying the money for? Or maybe there wasn't anyone on the offer at all in reality? Not a lot went down in general either.

• Like 3

January windows are always harder as clubs typically pay a bigger premium for players. Deals can take time and it doesn't work like Football Manager.

Your profile pic is truely shocking. Considered changing it? GET BACKKK!! WHERE ARE YOU GOING

Have you ever considered changing your brain?

I can't wait for you lot to wander off once the window closes. The adults might be able to talk about football again.

• Like 1

Well lets hope this don't backfire on Lambert if we get a couple of injurys to key players we could be up the creek! We really should have added a couple more. But what can you do when you have Monty Burns as your chairman!

Yup, he should spend that 15m he is holding onto.

I'm pleased we got 2 in really, and already results and performances have improved with them in. So long as the window improved us it's progress and i think it has. Admittedly it's a little disappointing to have missed out on a no.10 but there you go.

Four more wins and a few draws sees us safe then it could and indeed should be an exciting summer when we can hopefully see more quality coming in and tie down that LB on a permanent deal.

• Like 1

Done deal for midfielder **** hell!

Salifou, 24, has joined the midlands club from Swiss outfit FC Wil on a one-year contract. He played in all three of Togo's group matches at the World Cup finals in Germany last year. Manager O'Neill said: "He has great determination to succeed at this level and he may well prove to be an excellent asset."

Something didn't add up with that transfer, very weird.

Â