Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

So disappointed. He may well be just a short term cover for Kozak and (hopefully) will cost us next to nothing, but I always disliked him as a player. I just always thought he was a bit of a horrible footballer, more of a rugby player. This isn't what I thought our team has in mind in terms of a player to help push us forward, and surely our style of play shouldn't gravitate towards a player like this....

Some of you cheer any shit to support the manager. We've had fans pleased to sign nahki wells, dale stevens and now grant holt.

No one's "cheering" anything, some people just aren't overreacting to a backup loan signing. As I said, I'm not over the moon about this but why are people being so hysterical?

At this point I think Lerner/Lambert and Faulkner are actually taking the piss.

Based on? This is clearly a reaction to the Kozak injury. If the rest of the window's transfer activity is disappointing then that would've been the case regardless of whether we got Holt or not.

Besides, I doubt Lerner or Faulkner told Lambert to go for Holt.

Edited by Mantis

Personally, I think it's a good idea to get Holt on a 6 month loan, while Kozak is out.

I'd have preferred young and hungry Wells, but as we couldn't compete with Huddersfield *shrugs shoulders*.

Holt will be available on our budget, which means, even he totally flunkes, it won't have cost us much. There is potentially some up-side in such a loan signing. He might score a few.

Edited by Villain4Life

He's an old overweight plodder who will have zero motivation at the age of 32 to do anything remotely decent.

I know we wouldn't have signed him if Kozak wasn't injured but **** me. Hopefully Benteke stays fit and this guy gets nowhere near the playing field.

And Lambert simply says "He's a proper guy". I mean what the **** is that supposed to mean? Sounds like he's explaining why he's asked his mate to be best man.

Some of you cheer any shit to support the manager. We've had fans pleased to sign nahki wells, dale stevens and now grant holt.

No one's "cheering" anything, some people just aren't overreacting to a backup loan signing. As I said, I'm not over the moon about this but why are people being so hysterical?

At this point I think Lerner/Lambert and Faulkner are actually taking the piss.

Based on? This is clearly a reaction to the Kozak injury. If the rest of the window's transfer activity is disappointing then that would've been the case regardless of whether we got Holt or not.

Besides, I doubt Lerner or Faulkner told Lambert to go for Holt.

There are many better options out there as a Kozak replacement. We do not need to bring in a thug of a player who cant make the starting 11 at Wigan.

A confirmation as to the type of football we'll continue to play for the rest of the season is probably the most depressing aspect of this signing. We've seen that Helenius can link up well, why not start using and trying getting the best out of him instead. Makes no sense to me at all. I just see Lambert reverting back to the ways in which he got success scrapping his way out of League 1, concerning to say the least. 

• Like 1

Weren't people complaining that we weren't getting experience in the summer? And now we get some, people are moaning?

Oh come on, how naive are you?

Gareth Barry and Scott Parker are experienced and also very good footballers, Grant Holt is of course "experienced" since he is turning 33 in three months - but he has only two seasons in the Premier League and he is a crap footballer. Two years ago, yes then I would have taken him on since he was robust and on top of his game. Now? 32 years old and barely getting a game for Wigan? Same with Wes Hoolahan, is he really the best we can get? The answer is no. They are the best Lambert can get a hold of, basically because he has no nous in the market.

It's fine though, obviously he is a cover for the injured Kozak and he will probably cost next to nothing anyway. However, it is a big, big sign of our intentions. As a fan you always dream of something big to happen, that we suddenly start to invest again and that our team develops together in an extraordinary way. But as it is, we are just a team trying to stay in the Premier League. Everything above 18th is acceptable so to speak.

Why is everyone shitting their pants over this?

We've just lost a striker for the rest of the season. We need to bring in another striker to replace him, but there's no point spending a load of money buying one when we're only covering an injury. A loan makes sense, especially if it's a player that was scoring 20+ goals a season for Lambert while he was at Norwich.

He's coming in as backup to Benteke and we'll still have whatever budget we originally had for bringing in other players.

Welcome Grant!

• Like 2

Â