Paris Saint-Germain

Avfc96

PSG coach Galtier in police custody over racism allegations

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/37938223/psg-coach-galtier-police-custody-racism-allegations

Paris Saint-Germain coach Christophe Galtier and his son have been detained as part of an investigation into racism allegations at one of his former clubs, Nice prosecutor Xavier Bonhomme told The Associated Press.

Galtier and his son, John Valovic-Galtier, were placed in custody for questioning Friday morning, Bonhomme said.

Galtier, who is on his way out at PSG but still under contract, denied accusations that he made racist and anti-Muslim comments while he was in charge of French club Nice when the scandal broke earlier this year.

RMC Sport and other French media published reports quoting a leaked email from former Nice director of football Julien Fournier to the club's owners, in which he accused Galtier of saying there were too many Black and Muslim players in the squad.

In a statement released by his lawyer to French media, Galtier said he was "stunned to learn of the insulting and defamatory" report and said he would take unspecified legal actions.

Another PSG boss had his home raided by Paris police. Owner Nasser al-Khelaifi this time in connection to that kidnapping and torture case. Good times.

• Haha 1

Didn’t realise how popular PSG was among youth until recently and I’m only 33 😂 I Took my daughter to a football camp recently and the majority of kids there wore PSG kit and last weekend we attended a family reunion and saw few cousins who we hadn’t seen for years from all over the country and I asked a few of my younger cousins who they supported and the majority supported PSG. 

On 14/07/2023 at 11:03, gwi1890 said:

Didn’t realise how popular PSG was among youth until recently and I’m only 33 😂 I Took my daughter to a football camp recently and the majority of kids there wore PSG kit and last weekend we attended a family reunion and saw few cousins who we hadn’t seen for years from all over the country and I asked a few of my younger cousins who they supported and the majority supported PSG. 

It will dwindle now Messi has gone and even more when Mbappe goes to Madrid.

Inter Miami shirts already appearing.

• Like 1

On 14/07/2023 at 11:03, gwi1890 said:

I think a lot of kids wear PSG stuff because of the Air Jordan branding. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think a lot of kids wear PSG stuff because of the Air Jordan branding. 

Goes to show how important branding is I suppose, I think the Mbappe factor is massive to.

Star power too plus then does anyone really care about them or French football?

Not sure if some dad's out there have a fondness of marseille so object but of that dreaded conversation with your young lad pops up, he's decided to be a glory hunting bastard... "dad I want a psg shirt" it's a bit of a shoulder shrug isn't it

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Paris looks like a terrible place to live

With the recent police incidents & the reactions against the raising of the pension age it's not really very surprising that things aren't rosy in Paris right now.

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Paris looks like a terrible place to live

It does seem that way, but if you look at London or Dublin you will see similar stories of mugging, random attacks etc. I can't comment about France but in Ireland at least the Justice system is collapsing worse than the healthcare system is and nobody seems to recognise it or care.

8 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

*Unless you have £30m+. 

I’m sure it’s nicer the more money you have, but there seems to be constant unrest, violence, protests, strikes, racial tension and violent robbery’s it seems.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m sure it’s nicer the more money you have, but there seems to be constant unrest, violence, protests, strikes, racial tension and violent robbery’s it seems.

That's what poverty and segregation tends towards. If everyone had it a little bit better I'm sure things would be nicer there. Hard to blame the poor for that imo.

• Like 1

Â