Paris Saint-Germain

Avfc96

20 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Imagine if Newcastle decided to blow their whole FFP allowance on giving Neymar the £1m per week he’d demand. What a dream.

He’ll be injured within 3 weeks and “recovering” back in Brazil.

He would make Pogba look like a shrewd signing. He would be a disaster in England with his constant crying and diving

He has also went backwards as a footballer since moving to Paris

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Does Neymar speak English? Not essential to play here but I wonder if someone will take a chance on him.

Apparently he has not bothered to learn French 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He would make Pogba look like a shrewd signing. He would be a disaster in England with his constant crying and diving

He has also went backwards as a footballer since moving to Paris

Its quite easy to do as they probably lose concentration with the champions league being the only matches to bother trying in.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Apparently he has not bothered to learn French 

I'd be surprised if he doesn't know enough French to get by.  His mother tongue is Portuguese so adapting to any language based on Latin (Spanish, Catalan, French) would be relatively easy even without lessons.   

2 hours ago, The_Rev said:

I'd be surprised if he doesn't know enough French to get by.  His mother tongue is Portuguese so adapting to any language based on Latin (Spanish, Catalan, French) would be relatively easy even without lessons.   

They are similar languages from the same language family, but AIUI there are big pronunciation differences, even though there are a lot of lexical similarities, so it's much easier for a Portuguese speaker to understand written French than spoken. If he has put no effort in, I could imagine him having difficulties.

Probably doesn't help that PSG has a massive issue with player grouping where the French guys keep mostly to themselves and the south American guys favored by Leonardo has their own group. Been like that for years apparently.

Neymar also has his posse around wiping his arse and buying his blow for him so the times he's asked to speak French are likely few and far between.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Genie said:

He’ll be injured within 3 weeks and “recovering” back in Brazil.

On his sister's birthday. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Is Leonardo ever questioned? He's the common denominator.

They are finally questioning him now, he has been a terrible director of football for his unlimited budget 

PSG academy players that Leonardo didn't rate and let go for cheap or free in the last couple years:

•  Christopher Nkunku
  •  Kingsley Coman
  •   Moussa Diaby  
  • Ferland Mendy    
  • Mohamed-Ali Cho    
  • Timothy Weah  
  •  Presnel Kimpebe
  •  Arnaud Kalimuendo  
  •  Alphonse Areola      
  •  Yacine Adli    
  • Dan-Axel Zagadou
  •  Tanguy Nianzou
  •  Timothée Pembélé    
  • Adil Aouchiche
  •  Boubakary Soumaré  
  •  Mike Maignan  
  •  Mattéo Guendouzi  
  •  Jonathan Ikoné  
  •  Adrien Rabiot
  •    Odsonne Edouard  
  •  Moussa Dembélé

Fully get that there wasn't place for everyone but that's a pretty special team they could have with just their academy players. Presnel Kimpembe pretty much the only one who's still there.

Off the top of my head mendy is at real Madrid, nianzou and coman are at Bayern, rabiot is juve, guendouzi I think is still owned by arsenal? Dembele is at lyon

So it's not like they're all flopping and joining bottom half of the league teams across Europe 

Christopher Nkunku is wanted by half of Europe, as is Diaby. Both of them are doing really well in the Bundesliga. They are £50m-£75m players easily, probably a fair bit more..

Most of those players are doing really well and will move for big fees in the summer or later on. Their handling of young French players is just sad and now they might lose M'bappé for free in the summer just to cap it off :D 

Leonardo favors his south American half of the squad.

• Like 2

Â