Weather...

Dodgyknees

My apple weather app is saying there’s a 50/50 chance of rain at 18:00 and a steady drop in temp from 20:00 onwards. Should be a more normal temp at bedtime tonight. Just got to survive until the rain comes. 

One thing is for sure, I'm getting some proper upgrades before next year. My doors and windows are crap and need upgrading, and I'm seriously thinking about shutters as well. Still considering air con but I'll insulate properly first

Can't believe how many people are going over the top. Anyone who's been on holiday where its hot should be able to handle a couple of days of hot weather. No one ever been 3 star to any of the balerics,?

It's hard if your grafting in a factory, working without air con, but other than that, it's 2 days of extreme temperatures enjoy it.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Can't believe how many people are going over the top. Anyone who's been on holiday where its hot should be able to handle a couple of days of hot weather. No one ever been 3 star to any of the balerics,?

It's hard if your grafting in a factory, working without air con, but other than that, it's 2 days of extreme temperatures enjoy it.

Enjoy it? What's to enjoy about 40 degrees?

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Going on holiday tends to be places that are more equipped for hot weather. You don't sit in very well insulated living rooms when you're on holiday. Or go to work.

I love hot weather and I'm not usually one to moan about it being hot. it annoys me when people do.

But this is different. There's some hysteria, sure, but people have every right to be uncomfortable with record high temperatures

• Like 2

I'm enjoying the weather, it's spot on outside in my south facing garden. But then I'm fairly acclimatised to 40 degrees from traveling to hot places, the hotter the better for me.

However, this year I'm trying to be less harsh on those that don't like it after always being someone that gets annoyed by people complaining. I've started to be conscious that I'm moaning more than they are, so I've stopped now.... publicly at least, I still curse the Representatives for Wellingborough when they've turned their backs ;)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Going on holiday tends to be places that are more equipped for hot weather. You don't sit in very well insulated living rooms when you're on holiday. Or go to work.

I love hot weather and I'm not usually one to moan about it being hot. it annoys me when people do.

But this is different. There's some hysteria, sure, but people have every right to be uncomfortable with record high temperatures

You have obvious always gone 4-5star hotels with air con, not 3 star Magaluf for 2 weeks. 😆

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

For me it's not just being uncomfortable. It's the worry about what the future holds. So the idea of its just like going on holiday does piss me off a bit. 

We should be worried that days like today will be considered mild in the future.

You go an worry all your life, I'll carry on living it thanks.

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

For me it's not just being uncomfortable. It's the worry about what the future holds. So the idea of its just like going on holiday does piss me off a bit. 

We should be worried that days like today will be considered mild in the future.

Climate change really does worry me, we're not too far off the tipping point where the oceans temps increase to the point of no return and the knock on effects will be devastating. Places like Bangladesh and Mumbai will be uninhabitable, there will mass migrations, famine, more wars over scarce resources, and lots more suffering.

I think about these things a lot, but I can still enjoy a hot sunny day for what it is. You've got to look for positives otherwise everything will just feel like its too much. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You go an worry all your life, I'll carry on living it thanks.

I'm capable of doing both. I just won't diminish the valid concerns by telling people they should deal with it because its like going on holiday. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Can't believe how many people are going over the top. Anyone who's been on holiday where its hot should be able to handle a couple of days of hot weather.

Do you have a swimming pool, air conditioning, or even houses that are designed for extreme heat?

I think that answers the question.

54 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

I've gotten so much washing done.

:) Doing that in the evening.

In the day the washing lines  have been repurposed into making a sun shelter.

Couple of strategically positioned hooks from the hardware shop and the biggest throw in the house.

Bedouin back garden. 

• Like 3

It's 2 days you old drama queens, not for the rest of your life. Factor fifty up get a cheap pool or play water fights with your kids and enjoy it. If not stay inside and put your fan on full.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Haha 1

Â