Getting older

villaguy

I saw a group of kids who were in year 7 when I was in year 11. I thought to myself, they must be in year 11 now. They're in year 13. 6 years ago :/

Is this a maths question and does it count towards our final mark?
  • Like 3

I've put my back out lifting boxes of furniture with my dad.

Muscle in the lower part twanged and now I feel like a cripple...

Not even 30...

Cold compress on the area for 15 minutes every hour and gentle stretching afterwards.

• Like 1

I once sat down for a piss after a night out, anyway, I woke up in the morning and was still on the toilet, I must have fell asleep, it was a surprisingly comfortable sleep.

Christ, my legs go numb after 15mins on a bog...

A sit down piss is essential in the morning or late at night, when one's aim can be a little erratic...

Keeps the volume down too as you're guaranteed to just silently hit the ceramic, useful for not waking people up

• Like 1

A sit down piss is essential in the morning or late at night, when one's aim can be a little erratic...

Keeps the volume down too as you're guaranteed to just silently hit the ceramic, useful for not waking people up

Aye, you wouldn't want them waking up and working out what you'd just done to them.

• 8 years later...

Thread resurrection.

With all the talk about ultimately reaching a certain age, it seemed reasonable to discuss it away from the famous people dying.

My grandparents reached ages of about 82, 75, 75 and mid 50’s. Both my parents are still alive and are 72 and 68. 

I haven’t known too many people who have gone past 85. My uncle (my mum’s brother in law), his mother reached around 97 or 98 and was fairly active. From what I hear she would help out at the old people’s home to residents younger than her. She’s the outlier.

As such my par for the course is about 75-80. I suppose my hope is to reach an age where I can still offer support and guidance to my daughter but still maintain a good quality of life.

My daughter seems very aware of death. She references it from time to time, on some level she accepts it’s part of life and seems mostly indifferent to it. Although she was recently bemoaning the fact that one day both me and her mum will die. My response was basically to reassure her and tell her not to worry about it. Not much I could offer but it seemed to do the trick. 

I do find myself thinking more about ageing and death these days. Not in any profound way, but it’s occupied my mind more in the last year or so. What’s been going on in the world probably accounts for some of that, along with the last days of what could be described as my youth.

• Like 3

Â