What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

Focus Diesel estate. 53 Plate. Bought it 5 1/2 years ago for £3500 82k FSH ex RAF car. Now done 150k, never failed an MOT. All it's had replaced so far is a clutch pedal/master cylinder (touch wood). Averages 45 mpg +. It's a tool but it owes me absolutely bugger all.

• Like 2

Did you all buy on finance or buy them outright?

I'd like the new Mondeo with the new grill... not sure it's actually out yet but I just don't like the idea of paying something in installments, especially that much money.

same here, I've got no intention of buying it at the end of the 3 years, had to base it on 20k miles which sent the price through the roof, all these £150 a month deals etc utter bollocks, they're based on about 6k miles a year

had wanted a c class merc but found the showroom in Wolverhampton absolutely useless, went in on a weekend, pretty much said I want that one and they said there was no one there that could sell it to me! they wanted me to book time off work and go in on a Tuesday afternoon and speak to their business manager

Did you all buy on finance or buy them outright?

I'd like the new Mondeo with the new grill... not sure it's actually out yet but I just don't like the idea of paying something in installments, especially that much money.

Bought the Porsche outright and got the VW on lease as I like to chop and change the daily drive quite frequently.

Over here to finance a car, the last year of finance has to finish once the car becomes 8 years old, e.g. if you wish to finance a car over 5 years, the car cannot be over 3 years old upon purchase.

Speaking of trains, how long does a train need to be shoulder-to-shoulder full to capacity at the same time every day until the greedy bastards in charge whack an extra carriage or two on there?

They will stick one on tomorrow if you tell them where to get an extra carriage or two from. 

I was told that some of the stations can't handle longer trains (this was LondonMidland route). The train I got home today only had two carriages, bastards. 

They will stick one on tomorrow if you tell them where to get an extra carriage or two from.

I was told that some of the stations can't handle longer trains (this was LondonMidland route). The train I got home today only had two carriages, bastards.

Platforms can (and do) routinely get extended. It's rolling stock in the peaks which is the problem.

Â