What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

Just got a lift home in a taxi - most of them here are Toyota Camry's that had done 600,000+ ams in less around 3 years. The driver had said that the only thing that had gone wrong on it was a radiator leak and he had to replace some light bulbs.

Dull as **** as the Camry is, that's impressive!

Completely indifferent on it. I think it's a way of turning Birmingham Airport into a London airport thigh

And the management at BHX so wish that those on high in London would agree with you.

Unfortunately I think that they think it is a lost cause.

71 mins from International to Euston is just right. Anything shorter and you wouldn't have time for a cup of tea and a browse of the paper.

HS2 seems a waste of money to me.

• Like 1

Alfa Romeo 159 Lusso 1.9 JTDM.

Been flawless for me and no bother at all and I'm on 106,000 miles now. I won't upgrade until Alfa bring out something better looking as the Mito and Giulietta although better than most, are no 159, Brera or Spider.  

Just got a lift home in a taxi - most of them here are Toyota Camry's that had done 600,000+ ams in less around 3 years. The driver had said that the only thing that had gone wrong on it was a radiator leak and he had to replace some light bulbs.

Toyota stands far out in front of anyone for longevity, reliability and lastability.

Their engineering is second to none, even other Japanese manufacturers such as Nissan or Honda.

Been flawless for me and no bother at all and I'm on 106,000 miles now. I won't upgrade until Alfa bring out something better looking as the Mito and Giulietta although better than most, are no 159, Brera or Spider.

I'm with you on the 159, as I ran a 159 3.2 Q4 (only petrol engined cars out here) for a while. Apart from the batshit crazy voice command system, it ran flawlessly. Beautifully trimmed too, and a lovely growl from that 6 cylinder engine!

• Like 1

Toyota stands far out in front of anyone for longevity, reliability and lastability.

Their engineering is second to none, even other Japanese manufacturers such as Nissan or Honda.

Interestingly, the Nissan Altima is normally the other taxi of choice out here yet the driver said they tend to conk out at a "mere" 400k.

I really wanted a brera!

asked the dealer when I got my car what alfa were doing, I knew they were doing something with mazda and the mx-5, they've got the 4c, the guila and the Gloria coming out next year but I think the guilietta is a good seller so wont be going anywhere any time soon

the 4c is going to be £45k and like rocking horse shit

I really wanted a brera!

asked the dealer when I got my car what alfa were doing, I knew they were doing something with mazda and the mx-5, they've got the 4c, the guila and the Gloria coming out next year but I think the guilietta is a good seller so wont be going anywhere any time soon

Always loved the looks of most Alfas, but for every person who's owned one and said they've had no trouble, I come across 10 who say don't go near them. So I've never taken a chance on them.

I thought the Guilietta was a bit of a flop sales-wise?

In Hong Kong all the taxis are old Toyota Crown's that have been converted to run on LPG. They must have done some miles!

I've an Alfa 147 1900 diesel on a 07 plate. Runs like a dream and no sign of rust yet.

Lovely handling car. I had a facelift one like yours but a twinny petrol a few years ago. Only reason I let it go was for better MPG when I moved further away from the workplace. 

I've been looking at GTV V6's today, would love one of them.

I really wanted a brera!

Absolutely right. Both the Mito and Giulietta are getting facelifts anytime now as well which is why Alfa have been pushing some decent deals on the current variants. Like StanBalaban said, the Brera V6 or 2.4 diesel remapped are supposed to be awesome cars. Most Alfa V6's actually sound a dream especially the Busso if you ever get the chance to a listen to that. 

Â