How much do you have in your bank account?

donnie

jim, on 11 Oct 2013 - 3:29 PM, said:

No ones business but mine.....and maybe my wife ;)

not aimed at you as such but   I don't' have a clue how much Mrs H has in her bank account or what she spends it on  .. and vice versa

is that not the norm ?

not aimed at you as such but   I don't' have a clue how much Mrs H has in her bank account or what she spends it on  .. and vice versa

is that not the norm ?

Wouldn't imagine so, but I could be wrong.

This time last year i had 2 grand in my savings and 2500 in my ica plus around a grand in my normal account, as we speak i am near enough skint now, work aint been that great this year plus holidays football nights out bills bills bills have eaten away at it, life's a bitch then you die

is that not the norm ?

She knows how much I earn and what I spend my money on, but I guess you are right.

If she asked me I would tell her and vice versa. Would never go down the joint account route though.

Just coming from the bank now...the totally inane conversation between five bank staff was battering my head in. I think I'd go mental if I worked there, such stupid office chit chat, how do people do it?

After a weekend in Dublin last weekend and this weekend in Benidorm I suspect a lot less than I started off with

Why did you go Benidorm for a weekend, you should of made a week of it :P Update I **** hate bills.

Edited by Avflife

is that not the norm ?

no, i don't think so.

most households seem to have one partner who is good at the finances and 'controls' all the money.

virtually everyone i know has a joint bank account.

personally, me & my wife have a joint bank account which both our salaries go into.

and direct debits out which automatically pays our credit cards, which all our spending goes on.

How would you cope with a situation where one partner doesn't work to look after the kids, and the other partner earns all the money?

does the stay-at-home partner then not have any money to spend?

my mrs is trying to persuade me to get a joint bank account but I kind of like it to be just my bank account although whats mine is hers and vice versa, at the moment she stays at home looking after our 16 month old son and I work, all the direct debits go out of her bank, she hates having to piss about taking money out of mine and putting it into hers for the direct debits,

Considering VT has got a lot of threads where members are describing anal sex, sex with their relatives, doing illegal drugs and more; what is wrong with this thread? By the way, I'm Norwegian so I am loaded.... :-)

Â