How much do you have in your bank account?

donnie

Be brave, how much do you have in your account??

I have £11k saved and £500 in my everyday account. Not much really considering im late 20's with no proper bills but more then my mates. I try to save at least £700 a month after ive paid bills and used the rest on meals, clothes, etc.

No idea how to invest it. I could use it as a deposit on a house for me and the gf but the thought of slaving my arse away to pay for a house is getting less appealing as I get older. I spend most my money on going abroad at least 5 times a year but I intend to use it all to travel the world in a year or two then ill have nothing but memories.

On the subject of banking, what is the **** point of a savings account? Unless you've got £10,000+ in there the interest isn't going to do much, stick it in your current account and spend it all on drugs and prostitutes!

Even if you've got loads, the interest rates payed are way lower than headline inflation, which is in turn way lower than the real inflation rate, so your savings are being eroded away, but why would banks give you decent returns for your piddly amounts when they have been getting £100's millions virtually interest free via quantitative easing.

Edited by mockingbird_franklin

I think ive turned the corner recently and actually have a decent amount in my current account, about £700 I think, with about £500 in bills still to go out, but im pretty much done for this month, cupboards are full and I still have my petrol claim with work which will cover the remaining fuel i'll need, used to survive off £20 for the last 2 weeks of the month

also got about £5k in savings which I usually draw a little off each month (put £500 in, end up taking £200 out) but I've stopped doing that now

hate savings though, more worried about the number 38 bus than I am a rainy day, when I go (upside down and on fire, obviously) I want at the most about £7.32 to my name

I have £3000 in gold.

£500 savings

£1200 in my bank account. Although, saying that I just bought some soup and bread. so £1194.43p

I hope it was more than one tin and one loaf, otherwise you've definitely overpaid.

I invested all my money in a gold vibrating egg which, unfortunately, is now lodged up my arse.

Is that not entirely why you bought it?

Â