How much do you have in your bank account?

donnie

is there any link between a rogues gallery thread that offers us the chance to know what we all look like, the map thread that shows what street we live in and this thread that lists personal posessions and working hours?

• Like 2

chrisp65, on 09 Oct 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

is there any link between a rogues gallery thread that offers us the chance to know what we all look like, the map thread that shows what street we live in and this thread that lists personal posessions and working hours?

Isn't that called facebook ?

• Like 2

Be brave, how much do you have in your account??

I have £11k saved and £500 in my everyday account. Not much really considering im late 20's with no proper bills but more then my mates. I try to save at least £700 a month after ive paid bills and used the rest on meals, clothes, etc.

No idea how to invest it. I could use it as a deposit on a house for me and the gf but the thought of slaving my arse away to pay for a house is getting less appealing as I get older. I spend most my money on going abroad at least 5 times a year but I intend to use it all to travel the world in a year or two then ill have nothing but memories.

I'm assuming the "no proper bills" part means you're living with your parents? I see no way how people of our generation can save anywhere near that sort of money unless you have a very, very well paid job, or live with parents and have zero outgoings.

Also, FYI, eleven thousand pounds is shed load of money.

I have £11k saved and £500 in my everyday account. Not much really considering im late 20's with no proper bills but more then my mates. I try to save at least £700 a month after ive paid bills and used the rest on meals, clothes, etc.

No idea how to invest it. I could use it as a deposit on a house for me and the gf but the thought of slaving my arse away to pay for a house is getting less appealing as I get older. I spending most my money on going abroad at least 5 times a year but I intend to use it all to travel the world in a year or two then ill have nothing but memories.

I'm assuming the "no proper bills" part means you're living with your parents? I see no way how people of our generation can save anywhere near that sort of money unless you have a very, very well paid job, or live with parents and have zero outgoings.

Not earning much only £22k. I rent with my gf but share the bills. My share is £200 a month rent, around £200 on other bills (electricity, etc) and £150 on petrol (insurance paid annually) about £150 on going Out. I can easily save between £500 - £700 a month (usually £700). When I say not proper bills I mean no silly £1000 a month mortgage and im not a mong who gets a car like a shitty punto on credit paying over £200 a month for 5 years like my friend did.

Saving just £500 a month brings in £6000 a year. Ive been working full time for 4-5 years now, so £11, 000 is nothing considering I have no mortgage or mega monthly bills to pay. Going on holidays is more important to me then buying a house.

No idea how to invest it. I could use it as a deposit on a house for me and the gf but the thought of slaving my arse away to pay for a house is getting less appealing as I get older. I spending most my money on going abroad at least 5 times a year but I intend to use it all to travel the world in a year or two then ill have nothing but memories.

Not earning much only £22k. I rent with my gf but share the bills. My share is £200 a month rent, around £200 on other bills (electricity, etc) and £150 on petrol (insurance paid annually) about £150 on going Out. I can easily save between £500 - £700 a month (usually £700). When I say not proper bills I mean no silly £1000 a month mortgage and im not a mong who gets a car like a shitty punto on credit paying over £200 a month for 5 years like my friend did.

Saving just £500 a month brings in £6000 a year. Ive been working full time for 4-5 years now, so £11, 000 is nothing considering I have no mortgage or mega monthly bills to pay. Going on holidays is more important to me then buying a house.

This may be simplifying things, but why do you bother saving so much then? Why not head off to South America or something for a few weeks?

Haha W.o.W addiction. Hilarious.

No point responding to this topic anymore as its clearly a show off/I haven't got THAT much really topic. 'Not earning much only 22k' just proves to me everything I need to know about you. So instead of going p.o.p and getting in a spot of bother I'll just leave it.

• Like 1

This may be simplifying things, but why do you bother saving so much then? Why not head off to South America or something for a few weeks?

Getting a few weeks off is next to impossible in a full time job (well it has been in my experience) and convincing my gf to go is just as bad. Only go for no more then a week each time but always to a different country.

Why would you not want to save?? Surely you need something to tide you over to pay an unexpected bill or to save to go travelling. living paycheck to paycheck is a sad way to live imo

Getting a few weeks off is next to impossible in a full time job (well it has been in my experience) and convincing my gf to go is just as bad. Only go for no more then a week each time but always to a different country.

Why would you not want to save?? Surely you need something to tide you over to pay an unexpected bill or to save to go travelling. living paycheck to paycheck is a sad way to live imo

That's fair enough - I was quite fortunate to be able to negotiate 12 weeks of continuous leave with my boss :).

I'm glad you added 'imo' on the end there. There's no need to polarise savers and non-savers. Personally, I don't spend my entire pay every month with no consideration for the future. I tend to save for the short term obtainable goals, like travelling. I won't, however, stash money away for the sake of it. If I'm desperate for money due to an emergency, then i'll bang it on my credit card and curb my spending over the ensuing months to pay it off.

Edited by Shillzz

No point responding to this topic anymore as its clearly a show off/I haven't got THAT much really topic. 'Not earning much only 22k' just proves to me everything I need to know about you. So instead of going p.o.p and getting in a spot of bother I'll just leave it.

Why you so angry?! Lol

£22k is well below the uk average wage so nothing to brag about is it.

I can never understand the logic of people who can afford a deposit for a house but would rather carry on renting and paying somebody elses mortgage for them :-/

I'm a bit like this. I do have the money to buy a place but still rent. But I move about a lot. I think in the past 6 years i've lived in about 6 different flats, and am moving again in November. Some of the moves were forced though. I like the idea that one day I can just pack my stuff and go if I need too. 

That's fair enough - I was quite fortunate to be able to negotiate 12 weeks of continuous leave with my boss :).

I'm glad you added 'imo' on the end there. There's no need to polarise savers and non-savers. Personally, I don't spend my entire pay every month with no consideration for the future. I tend to save for the short term obtainable goals, like travelling. I won't, however, stash money away for the sake of it. If I'm desperate for money due to an emergency, then i'll bang it on my credit card and curb my spending over the ensuing months to pay it off.

12 weeks leave?! Thats incredible. If you don't mind me asking what kind of job do you have?? Ive been away for 2 months around europe and 3 months around asia previously but ive had to quit jobs to do it.

I see your point I really do. However, Ill give you an example of my mate. He is 28 lives at home. Never went uni always worked full time. Yet he is always skint living off his credit card despite earning £25k blowing it all on crap like the latest tv. People like him are too materialistic and i just dont see any excuse for not putting money away. All imo of course.

Why you so angry?! Lol

£22k is well below the uk average wage so nothing to brag about is it.

To be honest it does smack a bit of ''Look at me I have 11 grand in the bank'' and it raises the question if you were like me and had debts, lived in your overdraft and come the end of each month had to use your credit card to buy a loaf of bread and some milk, would you have created this topic.

It doesn't really bother me but I can see why it may annoy some people

12 weeks leave?! Thats incredible. If you don't mind me asking what kind of job do you have?? Ive been away for 2 months around europe and 3 months around asia previously but ive had to quit jobs to do it.

I see your point I really do. However, Ill give you an example of my mate. He is 28 lives at home. Never went uni always worked full time. Yet he is always skint living off his credit card despite earning £25k blowing it all on crap like the latest tv. People like him are too materialistic and i just dont see any excuse for not putting money away. All imo of course.

12 weeks leave was difficult to negotiate, but it basically boiled down to them accepting it or me leaving. As the only accountant here, they decided it was easier for me to take the leave.

No, i'm not at all like that. If I have spare money, then it goes towards something worthwhile, but it will go on something sooner or later.

I can never understand the logic of people who can afford a deposit for a house but would rather carry on renting and paying somebody elses mortgage for them :-/

I'm a bit like this. I do have the money to buy a place but still rent. But I move about a lot. I think in the past 6 years i've lived in about 6 different flats, and am moving again in November. Some of the moves were forced though. I like the idea that one day I can just pack my stuff and go if I need too.

I used to be like that but when my daughter came along I decided it was time to get a house of my own.

I used to be like that but when my daughter came along I decided it was time to get a house of my own.

If I had a child, I'd definitely do the same!  :thumb: 

Â