• El Ahmadi
    • Westwood
    • Kozak
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Tonev (for Westwood 74)
    • Bowery (for Agbonlahor 75)

This poll is closed to new votes

Didn't see much of the game, but from what I did see, it didn't look a classic.

Still, it was just the sort of game we would/could have blown last season, so I won't complain too much.

Just draw a line under it and go again move on.

I can't see any progress at all in the team.

Mostly this unfortunately.
Yes apart from the fact that we would have never looked like beating Arsenal and City last season, never mind keep a clean sheet. We’ve managed both, i suggest to look up progress means and then check again...

Ok, let me put it this way... Do you think we're playing better football now than we were, say, the last 8/9 games last season?

No, of course not, we looked a pretty good outfit at the end of last season, had we played that way from the start, no doubt we'd have finished top half.

This season we look to have gone backwards, there's no point bleating on about the Citeh game, that was a game we shouldn't have won, and the Gooner game was just a freakshow, every team gets those once or twice a season.

I admire your optimism, I really do, unfortunately I don't see it that way.

True we are not playing as well as the backend of last season, but we have made progress compared to the way we started last season.

Happy with the clean sheet, satisfied with a point, happy with our current league position, but that's about the end of the positives. We were the better team but that is not saying much -- essentially, we were slightly less crap than Hull. Delph MOTM by a long way. Gabby was the only player on the pitch (for both teams) who looked like scoring, so once he came off it was pretty much over. The decision to take him off must have been due to fitness, otherwise I am baffled. Our bench was depressing.

Kozak to me looks like a guy who is not quite in tune yet with his teammates, which to me is not particularly surprising. I am not making excuses for him, just calling it as I see it. I think he'll get there with a bit more time.

Yes apart from the fact that we would have never looked like beating Arsenal and City last season, never mind keep a clean sheet. We’ve managed both, i suggest to look up progress means and then check again...

Ok, let me put it this way... Do you think we're playing better football now than we were, say, the last 8/9 games last season?

No, of course not, we looked a pretty good outfit at the end of last season, had we played that way from the start, no doubt we'd have finished top half.

This season we look to have gone backwards, there's no point bleating on about the Citeh game, that was a game we shouldn't have won, and the Gooner game was just a freakshow, every team gets those once or twice a season.

True we are not playing as well as the backend of last season, but we have made progress compared to the way we started last season.

We also had the most prolific scorer in Europe in five of those last six games. It tends to make a difference when that sort of calibre player is not playing!

Happy with the clean sheet, satisfied with a point, happy with our current league position, but that's about the end of the positives. We were the better team but that is not saying much -- essentially, we were slightly less crap than Hull. Delph MOTM by a long way. Gabby was the only player on the pitch (for both teams) who looked like scoring, so once he came off it was pretty much over. The decision to take him off must have been due to fitness, otherwise I am baffled. Our bench was depressing.

Kozak to me looks like a guy who is not quite in tune yet with his teammates, which to me is not particularly surprising. I am not making excuses for him, just calling it as I see it. I think he'll get there with a bit more time.

He looked like he was struggling a bit 2nd half. He was great first half though!

We also had the most prolific scorer in Europe in five of those last six games. It tends to make a difference when that sort of calibre player is not playing!

Yes we got lucky against City but we will struggle to win matches without Benteke.

Didnt see any of it today. however pleased to see a zero in the goals against column.

I heard we should have been ahead in the first half. any truth in this?

It was embarrassing how many times we turned away from a pass into midfield just so we could play it back to Guzan to hoof it up the pitch for Kozak, who failed to win much of anything. I'm sure he would appreciate a few more crosses to get after, but he needs to do better.

Happy with a point but pretty hard to watch.

Any team outside the big 5 who do there homewok will gladly allow us to play, stopping our only weapon which is counter attacking, we just dont have the creativity to break teams down, so frustrating to see the ball go back to guzan time and time again. Way too narrow teams find us remarkably easy to defend against. Kozak for such a tall bloke won hardly anything in the air n his touch looks woeful.

Positives.. a clean sheet and a point is still a decent result, and delph is really starting to look like a player. He just lacks that creative pass that we lack, if he can find that then this boy will go far.

More over reactions on here after what was a decent display. 

We had by far the better chances and never looked like conceding. Hull were well orgainsed and difficult to break down. We lacked the creativity to dissect their defence and we were very narrow with too many long balls. On the plus side Delph looked good as did bacuna but weimann was poor. We are far away from being a team who can expect to beat any side in the league away from home. Again we showed were are a midtable side who will challenge for a Top ten position. Hull showed they'll not get over 40 points this season or probably not anywhere close to that.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

We shouldn't be so negative after this. It wasn't pretty but boys did enough to win the game. Just couldn't finish.

Gabby had the best chance, I actually thought it would go in when he shot from the pass by Andi.

The level of our play is going to be like this all season since we don't have that AM, so just get used to it.

Is it possible to be pleased and disappointed at the same time? Happy we've got a point, and pleased with the clean sheet but disappointed we once again were in charge of a game and failed to create or score. 

I think had Benteke or Bent been playing, rather than Kozak, we may have come away with three points.

I think had Benteke or Bent been playing, rather than Kozak, we may have come away with three points.

Has he became that mythical figure already? What about Bannan?

• Like 1

Â