• El Ahmadi
    • Westwood
    • Kozak
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Tonev (for Westwood 74)
    • Bowery (for Agbonlahor 75)

This poll is closed to new votes

Darren Bent is miles better at hanging around the penalty area than Bowery. In fact, he's probably the best player in our squad at hanging around the penalty area. Unfortunately, he does little else to warrant a place in our side.

If he'd have played this season, we might not have beaten Arsenal, Norwich or Man City. He just doesn't fit into Lambert's system.

I agree with this, but for this particular situation I would still rather have him than Bowery.

If I see one more post about Darren f#cking Bent I don't know what I'll do. It was clear as day that he didn't fit into our system and that he didn't want to be here any more. Suggesting that he was sold to pinch the pennies alone is absolutely pathetic and bordering on trolling.

Not going to start crying are you?

Excellent response.

The dullest, worst display of Premier League football I have ever seen, and that includes the McLeish years.

I just don't understand this team. One week we beat Man City, the next we can't come up with anything at Hull. We smash Arsenal,  then get battered by Newcastle. 

Was it that bad? Seriously.

Well, if we're going to accept we are at about the same level as Hull, a 0-0 draw away is quite good.

Surely you have been watching ling enough to know it simply doesn't work like that does it.

So any Team that get a point at Hull can only consider it good if they consider themselves at Hulls level ?

barmy.

We ought to beat the promoted sides, but we all know that football isn't that simple.

That result on its own, no, I'm not over the moon about. But, beating Man City then drawing to Hull, I'd have taken that if you'd offered it me before the Man City game.

Edited by Rob182

Whats with all the negativity? We were the better team, we managed to create decent chances despite Hull defending like beavers and two of our forwards playing shit. We had more possession, more chances, Bacuna continues to look great and we kept a clean sheet while keeping Hull down to 1 half chance from outside the box.

Moany bitches on here half the time!

It's Hull.

So?

Should we automatically beat all promoted sides every time we play them?

Last season Southampton did the double over us. If we beat Hull at home, then 4 points taken from a promoted side will be decent.

So these are the teams that we really ought to be beating. Are you telling me you're happy with a point from Hull?

Did you watch the match?  They sat back all game and flooded the midfield, Bruce was obviously playing tactics that wouldn't allow us to catch them on the counter attack, It was tough game and we still managed to create some decent chances. Just because it's Hull and not Man Utd doesn't mean they are completely shit and should be a walk over for us.  It's not easy to break a team down that are set up like Hull were simple as that.  If Weimann and Kozak had of been playing to any kind of decent standard then I believe we would of won easily. 

• Like 1

I can't see any progress at all in the team.

Mostly this unfortunately.

Yes apart from the fact that we would have never looked like beating Arsenal and City last season, never mind keep a clean sheet. We’ve managed both, i suggest to look up progress means and then check again...

• Like 1

The dullest, worst display of Premier League football I have ever seen, and that includes the McLeish years.

I just don't understand this team. One week we beat Man City, the next we can't come up with anything at Hull. We smash Arsenal,  then get battered by Newcastle.

Was it that bad? Seriously.

No. Never troubled and barely troubled them.

If Gabby's attempt had gone in the right side of the post, it would've been described as "professional".

Kozak and Weimann had stinkers though...

Whats with all the negativity? We were the better team, we managed to create decent chances despite Hull defending like beavers and two of our forwards playing shit. We had more possession, more chances, Bacuna continues to look great and we kept a clean sheet while keeping Hull down to 1 half chance from outside the box.

Moany bitches on here half the time!

It's Hull.

So?

Should we automatically beat all promoted sides every time we play them?

Last season Southampton did the double over us. If we beat Hull at home, then 4 points taken from a promoted side will be decent.

So these are the teams that we really ought to be beating. Are you telling me you're happy with a point from Hull?

Did you watch the match?  They sat back all game and flooded the midfield, Bruce was obviously playing tactics that wouldn't allow us to catch them on the counter attack, It was tough game and we still managed to create some decent chances. Just because it's Hull and not Man Utd doesn't mean they are completely shit and should be a walk over for us.  It's not easy to break a team down that are set up like Hull were simple as that.  If Weimann and Kozak had of been playing to any kind of decent standard then I believe we would of won easily. 

yes comparing Lambert to Mcleish is wrong. Its Bruce that set up at home like Mcleish. Hull offer nothing, unlike Blackpool did so hope they go down.

• Like 1

Yes I watched the match. So because they set up defensively I should just give up on hoping for a win and be happy for a point? Gotcha.

Yes.

Should always be happy with a point away from home.

Just ask Man City.

The good thing is we know we can play much better than that away from home. Bruce did a decent enough job getting Hull to nullify our threat, purely by allowing us the ball. It was like a home game with the amount of possession we had and as someone mentioned above we simply do not know what to do with it. On the plus side we didnt look too threatened at the back.

Kozak was poor and couldn't win a header all game. Davies had him in his pocket. Delph as the best player for us, guts, determination and positivity throughout. Weimann was, and has been all season, very very poor. 

Clean sheet and a point away against probably the better of the promoted teams isnt too bad, especially after last week's crazy win. Needed a win ideally as im not sure how much joy we'll get out of Spurs or Everton.

• Like 1

Yes I watched the match. So because they set up defensively I should just give up on hoping for a win and be happy for a point? Gotcha.

If we didn't create any chances then I'd be of the same mindset but we still managed to get through which gives hope that we are capable of breaking teams like that down in the future and shows that we don't just rely on counter attacking teams!  

Edited by Bunnski

Didn't watch

didn-t-watch-o.gif

Nice to know you didn't bother watching the team you 'support'

Oh give it a break with the 'I'm a better fan then you' bollocks. Enough times Villa are playing and I don't watch either, because there are actually other things going on in my life, Aston Villa fc does not rule it.

I can't see any progress at all in the team.

Mostly this unfortunately.
Yes apart from the fact that we would have never looked like beating Arsenal and City last season, never mind keep a clean sheet. We’ve managed both, i suggest to look up progress means and then check again...

Ok, let me put it this way... Do you think we're playing better football now than we were, say, the last 8/9 games last season?

No, of course not, we looked a pretty good outfit at the end of last season, had we played that way from the start, no doubt we'd have finished top half.

This season we look to have gone backwards, there's no point bleating on about the Citeh game, that was a game we shouldn't have won, and the Gooner game was just a freakshow, every team gets those once or twice a season.

I admire your optimism, I really do, unfortunately I don't see it that way.

We barely escaped relegation last season. While of course we aspire towards mid-table this season, we don't really have the right to expect to beat ANY team.

Not to say we should be happy with a point; we had more of the ball, more shots at goal and created the better chances. We should have won and had our forwards done their job we would have won.

But shoulda coulda woulda doesn't really mean much in the end. In the end, it's the sort of game we might have lost to a last minute sucker punch last season.

I don't think anyone is happy for a point from this game. It's just better than nothing is all.

• Like 1

Â