• El Ahmadi
    • Westwood
    • Kozak
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Tonev (for Westwood 74)
    • Bowery (for Agbonlahor 75)

This poll is closed to new votes

Our points total from the fixtures we have had is very good. I'm glad that we are getting points on the board, regardless of the performances from a footballing point of view. We are harder to beat than before, obviously a positive and a sign of improvement in some ways. I just think that today has given people a view of what it might be like once Benteke goes, and it is scary.

Complete contrast the reactions on H & V to those on here.

We simply arent going to turn up at away games and win easily. A look at our team sheet should tell you that.

We are a hard-working, counter-attacking side. When the home side sit back we will struggle to create, especially without our best CF and Gabby not at 100%.

I do agree we need a creative mid, whether to start or give us a spark off the bench.

Positives. I found a nice pub, the weather was good, I finally managed to get to a game at hull.

Defensively good, second clean sheet away in 2 games. All the defenders played well, Delph another really good game.

Negatives. Some brainless play, in terms of they kept knocking it to kozak, in the air, but he was losing it every time. They should have played it to feet more. Strangely after he got a knock on the head he was much better.

Tonev and Kozak have clearly not adjusted yet.

Saw Matt Lowton just wandering along with the crowd, after the game, which was curious.

Went to the game, but as it was a 8 hour round trip I went straight to bed last night and gave VT a miss. Now I am up and fullly refreshed I will give my 2 pence worth. It was a dull match. You can't say otherwise. Due to a slight  technical  hitch (having a extra pint in the cheapest pub in the world and local traffic) we missed the first 5 but I dont think I missed much.  I think both teams at least subconsciously were fairly happy with a point at the start of the game. I thought it would be  a draw but I thought we were good enough to score at least 1 V Hull. On the plus side we kept a clean sheet from a toothless Hull side. From  that peformance I am suprised they have started so well- though they could probably say the same for us!

As ever, I think many Villa fans are not happy unless they have something to moan about. 4 points V City and Hull is a excellent return. A second clean sheet in 3 games is  good as well. Yes we were not at our best, but really there was only 1 team that could have won and that was us. If our front 3 had a better day we could have knicked a ugly win.  I though Vlaar and Clark did their jobs well yesterday and Delph is maturing into a real class player. I was also pleasantly suprised with El Ahmadi as I am not his biggest fan. Still it was another ground to tick off and at least Hull's programme is a decent read. That was probably the highlight.

Didn't watch

didn-t-watch-o.gif

Nice to know you didn't bother watching the team you 'support'

Oh give it a break with the 'I'm a better fan then you' bollocks. Enough times Villa are playing and I don't watch either, because there are actually other things going on in my life, Aston Villa fc does not rule it.

This. 1 million times this. And, after wasting money as time watching years of crap, you earn a right to choose to switch off.

We are playing bad yet winning and drawing games. This is a very good sign.

Good point. We weren't great at Norwich, we didn't play well against City either and yesterday, yet we have 7 pts from those three games. Wait until we start playing.

Our points total from the fixtures we have had is very good. I'm glad that we are getting points on the board, regardless of the performances from a footballing point of view. We are harder to beat than before, obviously a positive and a sign of improvement in some ways. I just think that today has given people a view of what it might be like once Benteke goes, and it is scary.

We're not going to GIVE Benteke away. Assuming Randy doesn't pocket too much of the transfer fee, we should at least be able to buy a couple of 10 million pound players with some of the cash, which could well leave us in a better position than we're in with Benteke playing.

• Like 1

A bit disjointed - hardly surprising given the Benteke size hole we have in attack and Gabby obviously not 100%.

We looked best when our midfielders and fullbacks took on the defense - especially Delph and Bacuna. However, we didn't do this enough and lumped a lot of ball at Kozak, who struggled to win possession.

Clean sheet. 1 point. We can and will do better. We go again.

A point at Hull will prove a decent result this season. Especially for a team with ambitions of finishing around 10th. 

Positive about the clean sheet and 7 points from the last 3 matches is fantastic form, especially with Benteke out for all 3 of them. 

just had a hull fan on another forum claim they were comfortably the better team with far more attacking intent and that our tactics are stone age

the tactics weren't great, but I really didn't think hull were the better team, other than the huddlestone shot straight at guzan I cant remember them doing anything, or having any spells or pressure or what id describe as threat

Â