World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

1 minute ago, sne said:

Gabriel Jesus and Alex Telles out for the rest of the WC according to Brazilian press. Another team with a mounting injury crisis.

Neither are starters but Brazil dont seem to have many defenders left

These (so called ) injuries are really getting up my nose at the WC.Players are going down for nothing at all.The way most of the players are carrying on I would think that if their girlfriend kissed  them on the cheek the girlfriend would have to call an ambulance and rush them to emergency.

IMHO any injury ( apart from head ) should be treated off the field. That way if a player is going to go down because another player brusshed past him he gets treated off the field and his team are down to 10 men while he gets treatement for the life threatning injury.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

These (so called ) injuries are really getting up my nose at the WC.Players are going down for nothing at all.The way most of the players are carrying on I would think that if their girlfriend kissed  them on the cheek the girlfriend would have to call an ambulance and rush them to emergency.

IMHO any injury ( apart from head ) should be treated off the field. That way if a player is going to go down because another player brusshed past him he gets treated off the field and his team are down to 10 men while he gets treatement for the life threatning injury.

On the contrary, I've been saying for a while that they should be treated ON the field. Half the reason we get delays now is because players have to be taken off the filed for treatment, so the game has to stop.

Let the physios on the pitch and treat the player while the game carries on. They'll soon be getting straight back up if the game just carries on around them. 

The ref can still have the power to stop the game if it's a serious injury or a head injury

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

On the contrary, I've been saying for a while that they should be treated ON the field. Half the reason we get delays now is because players have to be taken off the filed for treatment, so the game has to stop.

Let the physios on the pitch and treat the player while the game carries on. They'll soon be getting straight back up if the game just carries on around them. 

The ref can still have the power to stop the game if it's a serious injury or a head injury

I think he means treat them off the field with the game carrying on, that would be best.

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I think he means treat them off the field with the game carrying on, that would be best.

Yeah I know but they’d stop the game to get them off the pitch so the players would still have motivation to fake injuries. 

If the game literally doesn’t stop there’s no motivation. If you take an injury you’re hurting your own team because you’re down to 10 men

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

People like Emi Martinez would still be taking the piss knowing they can’t carry on playing if he’s receiving treatment.

Our Emi would never take the piss, where on earth did you get that idea from?

• Haha 1

The amount of players that pop straight back up when the game carries on - after pretending to go down with life threatening injuries - show that they're taking the piss.

Something should be done. It's not ok to pretend this is just 'part of the game'

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

People like Emi Martinez would still be taking the piss knowing they can’t carry on playing if he’s receiving treatment.

Goalkeepers would have to be the exception I guess but it’s not very often a keeper feigns injury to stop the game 

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Works well in other sports. 

4 hours ago, May-Z said:

The amount of players that pop straight back up when the game carries on - after pretending to go down with life threatening injuries - show that they're taking the piss.

Something should be done. It's not ok to pretend this is just 'part of the game'

If you go down needing treatment, you should have a mandatory 2 minutes off the field of play just to make sure you really are ok to continue.  If you voluntarily leave the field of play for treatment, then you Don not have the mandatory 2 minutes.

Problem solved.

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Media scumbag and allround hypocrite Gary Neville has now gone on Qatar TV and criticised how the British media have covered the World Cup

To be fair to him it does look like it is a great world cup for the people that can afford it or are paid to be there

The other 99.99% of football fans are probably agreeing with the criticism

Â