World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Nah I'm glad someone called the yanks out on pronunciation, forget football he should have gone to town on him

"patronise? **** patronise?? Its patronise and pick the irony out of that"

Should have doubled down and thrown in fahrenheit and their calendar dates too

You know what someone pointed out to me the other day that I’d never noticed. 

Americans always pronounce British places that end in shire. LeicesterSHYRE, WorcesterSHYRE

But they have New Hampshire

• Like 1

I have boycotted this shit so far, not watched a single second. 

Can’t be arsed to cook tonight so pop to the local Chinese and they’ve got the shot on the TV. I’ll be waiting outside. 

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

48 teams. 80 games. 3 countries. One utter waste of time.

How do they keep making it worse. It's a license to print money, just leave it alone and stop **** it up.

By 2034 there will be 57 teams, and FIFA will employ delegates to visit every viewer and shit in their pint

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

How do they keep making it worse. It's a license to print money, just leave it alone and stop **** it up.

By 2034 there will be 57 teams, and FIFA will employ delegates to visit every viewer and shit in their pint

And it will be bi-annual if FIFA and the Saudis get their way.

I am just looking forward to the euros in Germany. It will be the first time since 2016 that a major summer footballing tournament will be held in a sensible country and with full  stadia capacity. Ideally it should be 16 teams but Uefa have yet to totally trash the competition but give them time and it will be up to 32 no doubt.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, sne said:

Brazilian players complaining that the AC in the arenas are making them sick. No idea if it's a problem other teams are having.

Not that surprised

AC makes air drier which is then naturally colder 

I'd have though really heavily blasted AC wouldn't be ideal conditions for exercise

Also surprised they're using the AC, it's not extraordinarily hot (not a clue on humidity) the temperatures aren't any different from any normal summer tournament

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not that surprised

AC makes air drier which is then naturally colder 

I'd have though really heavily blasted AC wouldn't be ideal conditions for exercise

Also surprised they're using the AC, it's not extraordinarily hot (not a clue on humidity) the temperatures aren't any different from any normal summer tournament

If it was high 30’s then fair enough but I believe it’s only 28ish, as you say similar to a European summer day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

England's World Cup TV record since 1998:

BBC: 12 wins out of 16, 75% win rate
ITV: 2 wins out of 15 games, 13% win rate

England v Senegal is on ITV on Sunday

I've always noticed this, England are utter rubbish on ITV. I seem to remember us winning once, suspect it was in 2021? I can't recall what that game was. 

Â