World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

To be fair to him it does look like it is a great world cup for the people that can afford it or are paid to be there

The other 99.99% of football fans are probably agreeing with the criticism

the issue is more Neville giving it the big one that he would be brave and honest when he got there, Also I am sure his tone was a lot different when he was on UK TV a few weeks back

Its feasible if they simply built bigger stadiums or gave the big 60k+ stadiums more games than the 40k stadiums which with the one city set up they could do

But at the same time its like they think we don't use our eyes and see the empty seats at every game

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Its feasible if they simply built bigger stadiums or gave the big 60k+ stadiums more games than the 40k stadiums which with the one city set up they could do

But at the same time its like they think we don't use our eyes and see the empty seats at every game

Checking the twitter-feed for that. Mass-tweeting from ALL Arabic type sources and virtually no replies to any.

Lets wash some sports

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Genie said:

I was absolutely disgusted when I found out about this a little earlier. This robber/these robbers, what an absolute *astard (or what absolute *astards). Apart from how terrifying that must have been for Sterling's wife and children, the culprits have also totally ruined his world cup. Imagine if we get to the final (you never know)... he might have played in it, perhaps not as a starter but at least as a sub. He probably won't now. I feel bad for him. And of course for his family, how traumatic for them. And traumatic for Raheem too. :<

Edited by robby b
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, robby b said:

I was absolutely disgusted when I found out about this a little earlier. This robber/these robbers, what an absolute *astard (or what absolute *astards). Apart from how terrifying that must have been for Sterling's wife and children, the culprits have also totally ruined his world cup. Imagine if we get to the final (you never know)... he might have played in it, perhaps not as a starter but at least as a sub. He probably won't now. I feel bad for him. :<

Robin Olsen never really been the same after it happened to him and his family. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Don't know what the answer is to that but it's quite a common problem, must have happened to a dozen players in the last year or so. People know that they're loaded, when they're out of the country, and that they can't have effective home protection against armed intruders. All they can do is not cause any trouble, and hope they don't get hurt and that insurance pays out

It’s a horrible feeling. As a child we came back off holiday to find the house had been burgled. My parents just wanted out after that and that was with us not being there. The trauma of the shouting, weapons, Raheem being away, worrying about the children etc it must be 100x worse. 

I bet they are in absolute bits.

• Sad 1

So many players on Brazil's team seem to go out of their way to support the neo-fascist Trump of South America. 

Many players favor conservative politicians because of their own life stories, said sports commentator Juca Kfouri, noting that most soccer stars in Brazil come from poor neighborhoods and reach stardom through their own talents.

"So they tend to be self-centered and repeat that authoritarian speech about meritocracy," said Kfouri, who has endorsed Lula.

I call this "pull up the rescue ladder" syndrome. You manage to crawl out of a sea of poverty or working-class squalor, often with help you discount, and then you pull the ladder up after you and let the others drown. It's despicable. 

Even Portugal's team seem a little less unlikeable to me, and that's saying something.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone seen the video of samuel eto assaulting someone outside the brazil game? Not sure what that was about. Looked like he got angry someone took a picture of him without his consent 

It's incredibly distressing, and I dearly hope Eto'o pays a stiff price. What a jerk. I don't know if the photographer was press or a blogger, etc. No matter the complicated politics or implications of a lighter-skinned north African man taking a video of a darker skinned African man without permission (and that's legit discussion), what Eto'o engages in is assault and battery, and his goons who try to destroy the man's camera are attacking -- perhaps -- the media. It's reprehensible behaviour out of keeping with the spirit of sport. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

43 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

It's incredibly distressing, and I dearly hope Eto'o pays a stiff price. What a jerk. I don't know if the photographer was press or a blogger, etc. No matter the complicated politics or implications of a lighter-skinned north African man taking a video of a darker skinned African man without permission (and that's legit discussion), what Eto'o engages in is assault and battery, and his goons who try to destroy the man's camera are attacking -- perhaps -- the media. It's reprehensible behaviour out of keeping with the spirit of sport. 

Mm Etoo was in the right though a little too forceful. Even when his security guy was trying to stop him he tried to take more videos even closer up

You wouldnt like if somebody harassed you after you said stop

Until just now I mistakenly thought that Brazil and Argentina could meet in the final, now I realise they can't. After Brazil's brilliant play yesterday my revised prediction for the final is Brazil v Portugal. And Brazil to win, by one goal.

Spain were rubbish today... How on earth could they win 7-0 and then have just one shot on target in 120 mins?! Whereas Portugal were scary, incredibly good, against the team just six world ranking places behind them (it looked more like 60). Drat ! :s 

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Mm Etoo was in the right though a little too forceful. Even when his security guy was trying to stop him he tried to take more videos even closer up

You wouldnt like if somebody harassed you after you said stop

No, bollocks to that, 3 times Eto'o has distance, the other guy isn't getting any closer, and Eto'o returns to escalate it, culminating in him chasing the other guy down to try and kick him in the head. He should be prosecuted

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

No, bollocks to that, 3 times Eto'o has distance, the other guy isn't getting any closer, and Eto'o returns to escalate it, culminating in him chasing the other guy down to try and kick him in the head. He should be prosecuted

Just no question. Assault is not hard to define, setting the question of battery aside. Eto'o shows clear intent to do harm. It's a crime.

Â