Tom Fox

Cracker1234

Not as good as many people say he is.

He wont act now despite all the evidence, he will dither until the job for the next man is impossible and anyone of quality will rule themselves out.

Tim was his call while Lambert wasnt and that is the difference  

He wont act now despite all the evidence, he will dither until the job for the next man is impossible and anyone of quality will rule themselves out.

Indeed which means if he doesn't act and we go down he shares the failure.

Admitting he was wrong now is better than admitting it when the situation is not redemable , also look at length of service of current managers in the league.Bar Arsenal all of the owners/chairmen have had to sack someone they hired.

He won't sack him before the Chelsea game I don't think.

But these two weeks could be the last chance for Sherwood to try and save his job ,and us from another relegation battle. 

I think there's another break after the Spurs game? I'm fairly confident that he's got three games to save himself. 

Have you got next week's lottery numbers?

But these two weeks could be the last chance for Sherwood to try and save his job ,and us from another relegation battle. 

I think there's another break after the Spurs game? I'm fairly confident that he's got three games to save himself. 

I didnt realise. I agree with you, although I think that will hinder us greatly.

It's actually after the City game (the one after Spurs).  If we were to get a hiding off them it would be similar to what Sunderland have now.  We'd have 13 days before Everton and Watford and we'd probably be coming off a pretty smelly run which would also include elimination from the cup.

I didnt realise. I agree with you, although I think that will hinder us greatly.

Yeah, I agree. He shouldn't get any more time. 

Thanks BOF for correcting that. 

• Like 1

Burn him Burn him!!!!

What a load of nonsense from everyone. We all have no clue about Tom Fox, what he is or isn't doing.

You only have to look two pages back and he is the messiah!

Pathetic.

plenty on here have always maintaned a healthy skepticism about Fox

Burn him Burn him!!!!

What a load of nonsense from everyone. We all have no clue about Tom Fox, what he is or isn't doing.

You only have to look two pages back and he is the messiah!

Pathetic.

plenty on here have always maintaned a healthy skepticism about Fox

He seems perfectly fine to me so far. Let's judge him on who he brings in, and how soon: If Sherwood survives more than two more defeats now, the """" is taking the piss.

Have you got next week's lottery numbers?

Or are you privvy to what Tom Fox is thinking because you're saying that with a seemingly high degree of certainty as to what he will/won't do. 

I think many are underestimating Fox here, the thing with Lambert was he always had Lerner in his corner hence the dithering, this one will be if Fox wants him out he will be gone in a shot.

I am not so sure on this. If Sherwood was Fox’s choice then is he really going to go to Lerner and say the manager I chose a few months ago, the manager who succeeded in his only remit to keep us up last season and threw in the bonus of a cup final, the manager who we have allowed to oversee a huge turn over in players over the summer, well we are now 8 games into the new season and I think I may have dropped a bollock. I just don’t see it at this stage. It is going to cost I’d imagine upwards of 5 mill to pay off Sherwood and his staff. Now before the expected well relegation will cost us x amount of millions it is still a big call for Fox to admit a few months ago he was wrong and it is going to cost millions.

It is highly unlikely we will sack Sherwood anytime soon and certainly not before the Swansea game.

Edited by markavfc40

I think many are underestimating Fox here, the thing with Lambert was he always had Lerner in his corner hence the dithering, this one will be if Fox wants him out he will be gone in a shot.

I am not so sure on this. If Sherwood was Fox’s choice then is he really going to go to Lerner and say the manager I chose a few months ago, the manager who succeeded in his only remit to keep us up last season and threw in the bonus of a cup final, the manager who we have allowed to oversee a huge turn over in players over the summer, well we are now 8 games into the new season and I think I may have dropped a bollock. I just don’t see it at this stage. It is going to cost I’d imagine upwards of 5 mill to pay off Sherwood and his staff. Now before the expected well relegation will cost us x amount of millions it is still a big call for Fox to admit a few months ago he was wrong and it is going to cost millions.

It is highly unlikely we will sack Sherwood anytime soon and certainly not before the Swansea game.

I disagree. I think Sherwood earnt the right to be given a crack this season. But he's made a pigs ear of it very quickly. Plain for all to see. I can see him pulling the plug.

The transfer policy was very much to benefit the club in the long term. So I think any new manager coming in will be happy with the squad, but be given funds for a striker.

I don't get the impression so far that Fox is a mug. Business is business.

• Like 1

Â