Title Chase 2014/5

Raymond

I think all the credit for our 1st PL title should go to one man, Randy Lerner who has run this club with a breathtaking passion and vision making inspired choices along the way and with a real grip of the accounts.

Can you imagine - all those decisions vindicated and frugality becomes de rigueur in the Premier League.

I don't think we'll win the title this year. Maybe if we'd added another two full backs to the squad to cover the two Al's but until that happens I think we'll just have to settle for the runners-up spot. Maybe next season though!

Typical Villa attitude. Accepting mediocrity once again. This is all Lerner's fault

I think all the credit for our 1st PL title should go to one man, Randy Lerner who has run this club with a breathtaking passion and vision making inspired choices along the way and with a real grip of the accounts.

Is that you Randy?

I know and all those fools who didn't think he had a plan, they  a called him an inbred little rich kid and that if his Dad hadn't left him rich then he would be on the streets of Cleveland offering fat yanks a blow job for a dime! How could they have doubted his plan of getting Lambert to loose matches so the opposition thought they just needed to show up to win. Obviously a genius plan hatched on those long cold nights Randy and Paul spent cuddled up in front of the fire?

This year the League, next year the Champions League the next year Lambert is voted the new KIng of newly independant Scotland!

5000/1 for the title? Are they smoking crack?!

Right then lads, here's the deal - we all shove £1,000 on this absolute certainly of a winning bet. That gives winnings of £5m each, which is obviously fairly decent. I reckon we've got at least 100 VT posters who are going to take this up... which leaves us with a collective fund of £500m.

Then we just buy Aston Villa from Mr. Lerner and, boom, I think the title is ours for another 30 years or so. Right? RIGHT?

Nah **** that, just think of the server Limpid could buy.

• Like 1

Not tongue in cheek, but I genuinely wonder how long can we can stay in and around the top 4 in the league.

I think as soon as we slip to mid-table, we will struggle to get back up, but I don't see us being in a struggle this year. If we can stay within touching distance of the top 4 by say Xmas time, then it could be quite an exciting season, in the sense we could go into the new year and have something to play for.

If we get through the next 4 games without taking a battering and can pick up at least 2 points (2 draws or a win), I think we will probably still be in the top 6, and we will have played 5 of the toughest in the first round of games.

I'm not saying we are going to win the league, just that it could potentially be an exciting season, which would be a refreshing change. Given our playing style, this relies on our defence keeping things tight as they have so far.

Edited by GeordieVillan