Relegation battle 13-14

Dodgyknees

I do finding it funny seeing some of the people on here shouting down any worry of relegation. Some of them did exactly the same last year and were 100% wrong.

For the record I don't think we'll have to worry about it as much this year but I can understand why some are still concerned.

Pretty much this ^^ although it would be more relevant to comment in and around Christmas.

We need to start picking up some points at home against the top 6 and taking all 3 against everyone else. At the moment these teams are looking forward to coming down to villa park

At home we need to b playing 4231 with the 2 holding midfielders holding their position and not being dragged all over the place this will allow the front 4 to go and win the games

Id happily lose to all the top 6 at home, we need to win about 8 home games against the remaing 13 teams IMO. Thats the least i would expect and i dont think my expectations are too high.

I think we'll be loitering just the wrong side of mid-table come May. I just wish we had the squad to cover these rash of injuries, which was fairly obvious against Spuds that we have'nt. I think Okore and Bentekes loss has been a kick in the nads, but then we need to cover it if we're to play in this company.

We have had the most difficult start to a season I can remember. In our first 8 games we will have played Arsenal and Chelsea away. Liverpool, Man City and Spurs at home. We should know better by Christmas how our season is going to go, If we are not in the bottom 3 after the first 8 games we have done reasonably well I think.

Edited by PaulC

This thread is hilarious.

I agree it is premature, but my favorite part is the people so exasperated by the threads existence they cannot help themselves but to post in it, therefore prolonging the existence of the thread.

Comedy in motion.

This thread is hilarious.

I agree it is premature, but my favorite part is the people so exasperated by the threads existence they cannot help themselves but to post in it, therefore prolonging the existence of the thread.

Comedy in motion.

Exactly :lol: If they accepted its existence and gave it the disdain that it deserves in the month of September then it would fall away because it'd be a one-sided discussion amongst those agreeing with each other :) But that won't happen.

Yeah pretty much the same from talking to neutrals.  They think we have a good team.  Tbf most of them have said all the players we have signed are really good on Football Manager.

How very exciting.

Yeah pretty much the same from talking to neutrals.  They think we have a good team.  Tbf most of them have said all the players we have signed are really good on Football Manager.

Well so long as they're good on an entirely fictitious game then I'm sure we'll be just fine.

Yeah pretty much the same from talking to neutrals. They think we have a good team. Tbf most of them have said all the players we have signed are really good on Football Manager.

Well so long as they're good on an entirely fictitious game then I'm sure we'll be just fine.

FM isn't entirely fictitious

Whoever created the thread, go home (if you're not already there) you're drunk, 5 games in and people saying we are already relegation contenders #fuckme

To be fair it was obvious after 2 games last season and some said a relegation thread was stupid and that there was no chance of us going down.