Relegation battle 13-14

Dodgyknees

Go support Small Heath who are happy to survive.

For me, Villa are not a club who "survive" and taking that route, to "get through a season" with "honest lads" is not football.

If you think it is, it's the wrong sport for you pal.

I could flip this. You obviously don't get any enjoyment from football and can't see any positives in your team so what's the point in wasting your time moaning continuously on an internet forum? What does that achieve exactly?

For me football is about the crushing lows and the highs. I was there at Arsenal on opening day full of spirit and fire, but admittedly pessimistic, but we came out and did a job on them and it was a cracking day out. I was seething against Chelsea, but proud of the effort the lads put in and we deserved a point, if not all 3. The range of emotions that I felt in purely that 4 day turnaround was huge and the exact reason that I love the sport.

So I'd suggest that I'm definitely in the right sport.

And don't bloody use the Small Heath jibe. It makes you look incredibly sad.

We cannot break teams down.

We are static in midfield.

There are no goals from midfield.

We have a distinct lack of width.

We are defensively naive.

ONE of those was looked at and changed. ONE.

Narrow minded statement. This isn't a black or white point.

Watch Delph and Westwood again. They are anything but static.

I thought we wanted a creative player in the midfield (that's what everyone has been moaning about. Not a goalscorer?)

That's why we brought in a winger?

That's why we brought in a CL pedigree CB.

Edited by StefanAVFC

I havent seen anything to over worry me yet. 6 points is what i expected. I thought we would beat Newcastle and Norwich and lose the rest although we have the best record at the emirates i believe. 3 wins and 2 draws since it opened. I also expected a pasting from spurs as they are just too good. I think they might win the league

I dont think losing to Newcastle is too bad, the barcodes starting XI is far superior, i think they are top 8 if they all stay fit. If we stay where we are at the moment about 13th then thats a cracking season. Its a very inexperienced team made up of players from weak foreign leagues who are still learning.

The premier league is a **** hard place to be thrown in at the deep end.Sadly this is how villa are as a club so i will just have to accept it. Unless an oil rich sheikh comes along this is the ride we are on.Sometimes i feel Lambert is tactically naive but I dont think he is going to change his ways.

Yes Spurs have got one heck of a squad. I really think this is a pointless thread.

I havent seen anything to over worry me yet. 6 points is what i expected. I thought we would beat Newcastle and Norwich and lose the rest although we have the best record at the emirates i believe. 3 wins and 2 draws since it opened. I also expected a pasting from spurs as they are just too good. I think they might win the league

I dont think losing to Newcastle is too bad, the barcodes starting XI is far superior, i think they are top 8 if they all stay fit. If we stay where we are at the moment about 13th then thats a cracking season. Its a very inexperienced team made up of players from weak foreign leagues who are still learning.

The premier league is a **** hard place to be thrown in at the deep end.Sadly this is how villa are as a club so i will just have to accept it. Unless an oil rich sheikh comes along this is the ride we are on.Sometimes i feel Lambert is tactically naive but I dont think he is going to change his ways.

Yes Spurs have got one heck of a squad. I really think this is a pointless thread.

Yeah. I doubt teams in spain start a relegation thread after being done over by barca or real

Go support Small Heath who are happy to survive.

For me, Villa are not a club who "survive" and taking that route, to "get through a season" with "honest lads" is not football.

If you think it is, it's the wrong sport for you pal.

I could flip this. You obviously don't get any enjoyment from football and can't see any positives in your team so what's the point in wasting your time moaning continuously on an internet forum? What does that achieve exactly?

For me football is about the crushing lows and the highs. I was there at Arsenal on opening day full of spirit and fire, but admittedly pessimistic, but we came out and did a job on them and it was a cracking day out. I was seething against Chelsea, but proud of the effort the lads put in and we deserved a point, if not all 3. The range of emotions that I felt in purely that 4 day turnaround was huge and the exact reason that I love the sport.

So I'd suggest that I'm definitely in the right sport.

And don't bloody use the Small Heath jibe. It makes you look incredibly sad.

If you are going to talk down to me, I will talk down back to you. I suggest if you want to debate, you do it without insults of calling my views bollocks.

Now, we can move on.

I love my club, but I am not happy sitting still, I am not happy when we have around 4 problems ranging from minor to major which needed focus in the window. I would be less concerned if no window exists, it does and it means we have to be spot on with what we are buying.

We weren't.

Around 10m net was spent on bodies and one addition which made complete sense (Okore) and the rest I have already alluded to above - so I will copy and paste that in.

Not only was there a lack of players who could come in and change the issues we had (Okore being the only one) the manager was denied the chance to make the changes to stop us having the issues we had 12 MONTHS AGO and even before that.

Yeah. I doubt teams in spain start a relegation thread after being done over by barca or real

1) It showed that our back up players and some first team players do not cut it (Vlaar the first teamer).

2) Bradord had a lack of quality compared to us last season.

You created a bloody relegation thread on the back of a cup defeat to one of the best teams in the league and you're surprised when people have a bit of a pop?

Mindless.

Swansea got battered by Blues tonight and it wasnt exactly a shite swansea side either.

At least we were beaten by premier league title contender. two of the spurs players cost more than our entire team!

A squad assembled by Lambert it should be pointed out. Surviving another relegation battle this season would mean he is doing a poor job and failed to advance us in his two years here and with circa £40m spent.

He's spending less than most of the other teams in the prem, so basically unless he overachieves financially he's done a poor job?

So dodgyknees is making the cardinal sin of writing off ALL but one (Okore) of our new signings.

Hope we can quote you at the end of the season and make you look a fool. 

I didn't write them all off. I said the defensive problem was looked at.

I have said plenty of times, go read through, it takes time - maybe 6 months - for the players to be judged.

Retract that statement.

Dodgyknees said!

Not only was there a lack of players who could come in and change the issues we had (Okore being the only one) the manager was denied the chance to make the changes to stop us having the issues we had 12 MONTHS AGO and even before that.

Edited by dodgyknees

So dodgyknees is making the cardinal sin of writing off ALL but one (Okore) of our new signings.

I have said plenty of times, go read through, it takes time - maybe 6 months - for the players to be judged.

Retract that statement.

But didn't you say we've only brought in one player who's capable of making a difference? 

Retract that statement.

Dodgyknees said!

Yet the lack of width wasn't looked at although we bought a winger? So unless you're writing Tonev off (which you implicitly stated you aren't) then we did address our lack of width. Right?  :detect:

Retract that statement.

Dodgyknees said!

Yet the lack of width wasn't looked at although we bought a winger? So unless you're writing Tonev off (which you implicitly stated you aren't) then we did address our lack of width. Right?  :detect:

Funny because HH has said he has not come in to start straight away.

Secondly, there is still a lack of width, Tonev on the right, who on the left?

Thirdly, I think he will come good, it just takes time and if he does, the width issue will have been solved. Overwise it is not.

I am talking about players who can come in a make a difference from day one.

Edited by dodgyknees

It's only been 5 games. 5 games.

And in those 5 games, we have had to play Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. And got Spurs in the league cup.

5 games.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Plop and Spurs are also good enough for CL spots or maybe the league. Its not exactly a crap list is it.

God help this thread after we play the cheaply assembled blue team from Manchester!

Retract that statement.

Dodgyknees said!

Funny because HH has said he has not come in to start straight away.

But he is starting and he is a winger.

Retract that statement.

But didn't you say we've only brought in one player who's capable of making a difference? 

Try again.

You've posted that 4 times. We get it. Shouting something over and over doesn't make it correct. We're not in reception here. 

It's also been replied to directly numerous times. 

EDIT: What have I misquoted?

Edited by StefanAVFC