FIFA Corruption

islingtonclaret

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but wouldn't that mean any country who's played away at Israel, their player wouldn't be allowed at the World Cup. :lol:

The FA's concerned will pay for the players to have new passports (or more likely will have done so when the team travelled to Israel). StanBalaban asks a good question on behalf of the fans though. 

I wonder whether Israeli customs officials think that many people only visit there and nowhere else, as all they see are brand new passports.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but wouldn't that mean any country who's played away at Israel, their player wouldn't be allowed at the World Cup. :lol:

The FA's concerned will pay for the players to have new passports (or more likely will have done so when the team travelled to Israel). StanBalaban asks a good question on behalf of the fans though. 

I wonder whether Israeli customs officials think that many people only visit there and nowhere else, as all they see are brand new passports.

Actually, it is not the greatest pleasure to go to a Israeli airport with a brand new passport as you'd get quite a thorough questioning and lugagge check. 

• 1 month later...

Given that the entry policy to Qatar is such that if you have an entry stamp for Israel in your passport you're not getting in, what happens if Israel actually qualify for the World Cup?

Also, regardless of whether they qualify or not, will FIFA condone Israeli nationals and visitors not being welcome at the 'World' cup?

The first is a very good question. The second is that FIFA condone their bank account and that's the be-all and end-all. They don't concern themselves with other irrelevancies*. They were quite happy, for example, with the Nepalese slavery in Qatar building the stadia and they'd have gotten away without any hollow rhetorical nod towards human rights practices if it hadn't been for those pesky kids at the Guardian. FIFA are rotten.

* Irrelevant to them, I mean.

I like how they had some bullshit delay to decide what was decided years ago. I'd like to boycott this but I know I'll be watching it like a good consumer.

Edited by coda

It's great fun watching them try to fix what is a monumental cluster****.  For all the stuff we are seeing in the media, just imagine the kind of stuff that's going on out of sight.  It's brilliant. 

Coda, unless ROI qualify, I'm fairly sure I won't be watching.  Suppose it therefore depends how good the likes of Jack Grealish end up being :P

It's great fun watching them try to fix what is a monumental cluster****.  For all the stuff we are seeing in the media, just imagine the kind of stuff that's going on out of sight.  It's brilliant. 

Coda, unless ROI qualify, I'm fairly sure I won't be watching.  Suppose it therefore depends how good the likes of Jack Grealish end up being :P

The dates are mid-Nov to mid-Jan so you'll have no winter footnall for a month. This is the tournament England are scheduled to win.... :mellow:....so you won't want to miss that...

On the Israel passport business, Israeli athletes have competed in Qatar before.

Bid should be held again and Qatar can bid for a Winter world cup.

This.

As I've probably said in this thread before.

I have no problem with a Winter World Cup. But that's how it should have been bid for.

Winning a summer world cup and then changing it to winter is nonsense.

• Like 1

This.

I have no problem with a Winter World Cup. But that's how it should have been bid for.

Which is precisely Australia's argument for the prosecution, per se.  "You won a summer tournament.  Host it or GTFO".

This.

Which is precisely Australia's argument for the prosecution, per se.  "You won a summer tournament.  Host it or GTFO".

Yup.

And if the argument is "But it's physically too hot to host it in the summer, there's no way it can happen" then the question is why the **** did they get given it in the first place?

That should be the first question asked of any country. Can you ACTUALLY host the tournament? 

If it's too hot in Qatar to host a summer world cup, then why were they even allowed to the table?

That is the scenario I want to happen mos as mentioned abovet: Australia raises legal challenge by saying "They bid for a Summer one: do it" and as a result all hell breaks loose.

Mind you, all hell is currently breaking loose anyway. Like BOF, I'm sitting back with the popcorn and laughing as FIFA are destroyed by their own ignorance, greed and utter, utter, utter stupidity.

• Like 1

Â