FIFA Corruption

islingtonclaret

That argument kind of plays in to FIFA's hands, I think part of their justification in awarding it to Qatar is to promote the game in the region and stimulate the interest in the game (no i don't believe it either but I'm sure they'd say that was a big part of the decision making process).

Which is fine but, again, why then Qatar?

How about Saudi Arabia or Iran who have at least contributed something to football?

This whole thing is driving me mad, I hate the tunnel-vision view that Sepp Fatter is promoting in that the only options are either a summer tournament in Qatar or a winter tournament in Qatar, there are many many nations that could easily step in to host this with nine years worth of forewarning, the sensible thing to do is to award it elsewhere but of course this would mean an admission from Bladder and his cronies which their arrogance simply will not allow (not to mention the x amount of millions in bribes I mean 'gifts' they'd have to give back to Qatar's 'royal family'.......

There is no democracy in Qatar, migrant workers are treated like filth and held to ransom to work under appaling conditions, in fact it's estimated that as many people will die building the stadiums between now and 2022 as there will be people playing on the pitches during the tournament (may have already been quoted sorry but have not read through the thread), FIFA have questions to answer but who the hell will pose them as they are self-regulated and free of governance.

I despise everything FIFA stands for now.

That argument kind of plays in to FIFA's hands, I think part of their justification in awarding it to Qatar is to promote the game in the region and stimulate the interest in the game (no i don't believe it either but I'm sure they'd say that was a big part of the decision making process).

How about Saudi Arabia or Iran who have at least contributed something to football?

Possible because neither Saudi Arabia or Iran made a bid to hold the World Cup in 2022? :lol:

There is no democracy in Qatar, migrant workers are treated like filth and held to ransom to work under appaling conditions, in fact it's estimated that as many people will die building the stadiums between now and 2022 as there will be people playing on the pitches during the tournament (may have already been quoted sorry but have not read through the thread), FIFA have questions to answer but who the hell will pose them as they are self-regulated and free of governance.

Imagine what will happen when half naked fans start drinking beer or when Larissa Riquelme shows her tits in the stands... Oh wait, none of these will happen. 

Imagine what will happen when half naked fans start drinking beer or when Larissa Riquelme shows her tits in the stands... Oh wait, none of these will happen. 

Don't google image that if you're in work.

If you're not in work, please do google image that.

• Like 2

Qatar is basically just one big city - over 90% live in Doha.

FIFA only let's you host a maximum of two games in one designated city yet they let Doha host 6 stadiums.

I mean they are building a 45,120 capacity stadium in a 'city' with a population 7,975.

Wales at least have more than one proper city.

but them stadiums are going to being moved after World Cup to other countries

Building stadiums they don't even plan to use afterwards.

Ridiculous.

they will be used in countries that cant afford them

Possible because neither Saudi Arabia or Iran made a bid to hold the World Cup in 2022? :lol:

Touche

but them stadiums are going to being moved after World Cup to other countries

Building stadiums they don't even plan to use afterwards.

Ridiculous.

they will be used in countries that cant afford them

Countries that voted for them. What is it called when you give something to someone in exchange for votes...anyone?

That stadium thing does underline very well the amount of excessive money in the sport. Spends billions building stadiums it will only need for a couple fo weeks then gives them away for free.

If only there was some kind of, I don't know, financial fair play type strategy.

Â