FIFA Corruption

islingtonclaret

"Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, the 2022 Qatar bid chairman, has stated, "the event has to be organized in June or July. We will have to take the help of technology to counter the harsh weather. We have already set in motion the process. A stadium with controlled temperature is the answer to the problem. We have other plans up our sleeves as well."

This is the first time I've actually noticed this. One of the key problems is the climate, and THIS is what they came out with for the bid? Nothing concrete, we're just looking at it. Amazing. FIFA thought "plans up our sleeves" would suffice?

I think this was the "up our sleeve plan" they referred to

http://www.thedailym...p-2013081578662

Qatar to create new ice age for 2022 World Cup
15-08-13

QATAR plans to trigger an ice age to cool the Earth sufficiently for it to host the World Cup.

The scheme, which will reduce the Earth’s temperature by 32 degrees and leave 70 per cent of it uninhabitable, has been approved by FIFA who said it was preferable to the administrative headache of changing the location.

The plan will wrench the Earth from its axis, causing the seas to freeze over and turning most of Europe into a wasteland inhabited by fur-clad barbarians fighting packs of feral bull-seals, though the Scots are not expected to notice.

A spokesman for the Qatari Football Federation said: “The pathetic remnants of humanity which cling to life will be more dependent on oil than ever.

“Also the survivors of our heavily branded Qatarstrophe – and do not even think about using that name without clearance from the rights owners – will come to our stadiums for food, shelter and the cheering spectacle of homosexuals fighting cave bears at the opening ceremony.”

Competing nations fear that the freezing, potentially lethal conditions will make an attractive passing game impossible.

Former Stoke manager Tony Pulis, whose tough-tackling long-ball game would suit the unforgiving Arctic tundra perfectly, is tipped to take over as England manager.

Following approval of the plan, FIFA president Sepp Blatter said: “My work here is complete.”

Pausing only to tear the flesh mask from his inhuman crystalline features, he then climbed into a waiting spaceship and departed for the Crab Nebula.

Or was it just to win the bid then get a corrupt FIFA to move it to winter

Edited by mockingbird_franklin
  • Like 4

We were fairly bitter in Australia after that vote. We thought we'd lose, but we thought we'd lose a close one to the US or South Korea. 

How openly corrupt the process was was absolutely astounding. 

It should've gone to you, or a joint Oz-NZ hosting.

Total disgrace what's happened. Blatter should be brought before the Hague. It is disgusting sleaze at it's worst.

• Like 1

They should just cancel international football. its boring as hell 99% of the time and nobody really gives two shits. The players dont give a toss either

This is true for me. Nowadays I have absolutely zero interest in international football, other than finding out how many of our players got injured.

• Like 1

They should just cancel international football. its boring as hell 99% of the time and nobody really gives two shits. The players dont give a toss either

Could you point me to any country outside UK that doesn´t give two shits about international football?
Just because you guys want a better side is no reason to skip it all together.
  • Like 2

Speak for yourself. International friendlies bore me, but I love the summer tournaments, whether it be a world cup or Euro. The atmosphere in the country is great when everyone comes together to support England. Flags out feel good factor, everyone happy.

The majority of players would want to play in a world cup too. Watch for some of the tears from players when they fail to qualify for Brazil 2014.

Edited by Voinjama
  • Like 1

This is true for me. Nowadays I have absolutely zero interest in international football, other than finding out how many of our players got injured.

I prefer watching villa and i enjoy watching serie a, la liga, bundesliga. I also loathe the champions league and have zero interest in anything FIFA or UEFA organise.

Corrupt match fixing corporate whores who ruin everything about the game. The premier league is also becoming more and more unbeareable. If villa wasnt in my blood id have sod all to do with that either

Could you point me to any country outside UK that doesn´t give two shits about international football?

Its nothing to do with wanting a better team, international football is boring full stop. I am often bored shitless during internationals wether it be friendlies, qualifiers or tournaments Edited by KHV
  • Like 1

Its nothing to do with wanting a better team, international football is boring full stop. I am often bored shitless during internationals wether it be friendlies, qualifiers or tournaments

That is your opinion and fair enough. Your last post sounded like it was the complete majority opinion amongst fans and players and that is what I was questioning.
I find La liga boring.

I understand the apathy towards FIFA (and UEFA) where it comes to International Football tournaments, however I still love watching the World Cup and European Championships.

The Qatar fiasco is the fault of FIFA, no one else had the power to elect the nation to host the tournament - they made a big mistake and are now putting every European league into turmoil to fix their error.

The bid, afterall was to host a 'summer' tournament - not a tournament that would somehow fit in when the weather permits.

Personally, the Premier League, English FA and the England national squad should boycott the WC in 2022 and continue as normal - I personally would rather this than f**king up our leagues for 2-3 seasons just to compensate for greedy delegates.

The FA missed a trick when Blatter was 'investigated' (along with his opponent) by FIFA for corruption during elections for the position of President - instead of abstaining from voting for Blatter (the only candidate) they could have nominated another candidate to run against Blatter - it may not have succeeded but other Football Organisations may have joined in and weakened Blatter's grip of all and sundry.

Ah yeah, Australia, that great footballing nation, really deserved it.

Better then the nation who doesn't even refer to football by it's correct name...

Australia calls it soccer too ya know.

Ah yeah, Australia, that great footballing nation, really deserved it.

Better then the nation who doesn't even refer to football by it's correct name...

Australia calls it soccer too ya know.

D'oh! *slaps forehead*

83 Indians have died so far this year. The Gulf statelet was also the graveyard for 119 Nepalese construction workers. With 202 migrants from other countries dying over the same nine months, Ms Burrow is able to say with confidence there is at least one death for every day of the year. The body count can only rise now that Qatar has announced that it will take on 500,000 more migrants, mainly from the Indian subcontinent, to build the stadiums, hotels and roads for 2022.

Linky link

Â