Libor Kozák

samjp26

Surely it's better to sign Benteke's replacement cheap before he's sold. When people know we've got the £50m cash sitting around, we won't be able to get any bargains.

Why on earth would we sell our best player and main source of goals for big money and replace him on the chesp.

Because no player worth considerably more would join us?

Surely it's better to sign Benteke's replacement cheap before he's sold. When people know we've got the £50m cash sitting around, we won't be able to get any bargains.

Why on earth would we sell our best player and main source of goals for big money and replace him on the chesp.

We bought our best player and main source of goals on the cheap?

Benteke is irreplaceable, he's a giant Pele. No player like him in the world.

If we sold him we would invest the money strengthening other parts of the team. This might change the teams style so that we no longer use a target man striker. 

If we sold him we would invest the money strengthening other parts of the team. This might change the teams style so that we no longer use a target man striker. 

100% agree. There is no analog for Benteke. There's no established or known player half as good as him who would join us in world football, so trying to replace him isn't going to work. There are 2 options. The first one is unearth another Benteke. We've done it once, we might do it again. Maybe it's Kozak? The second option is sell Benteke for an obscene amount of money and strengthen the entire first XI from back to front, changing the system in the process so that a Benteke-like player is no longer needed

• Like 3

100% agree. There is no analog for Benteke. There's no established or known player half as good as him who would join us in world football, so trying to replace him isn't going to work. There are 2 options. The first one is unearth another Benteke. We've done it once, we might do it again. Maybe it's Kozak? The second option is sell Benteke for an obscene amount of money and strengthen the entire first XI from back to front, changing the system in the process so that a Benteke-like player is no longer needed

Or an unlikely third that we do so well that he's sees staying with us as an option, this is my preferred outcome

• Like 1

Yup, another good post from Con.

We bought our best player and main source of goals on the cheap?

Yes we took a gamble and it paid off, but surely you don't carry on gambling.

He doesn't need babysitting and praising y'know :D

Yes. I'm not saying the whole amount should be spent on one player. But at the same time you need to bring in quality.

Did spurs try and sign a cheap bale replacement last summer? No they've reinvested money in quality players from around europe.

He doesn't need babysitting and praising y'know :D

No, but it saves me having to type out exactly the same on my phone.

I like how people cry out for signings and the moan when we get one. :lol:

Of all the people to complain about hipocrisy. Wow.

I don't recall moaning about not getting anymore signings and then moaning when we do get one.

I did

I don't recall moaning about not getting anymore signings and then moaning when we do get one.

I didn't mention hypocrisy on this issue. Just in general.

Seems a bit rich to laugh at the sort of attitude you've displayed in the past.

Yes. I'm not saying the whole amount should be spent on one player. But at the same time you need to bring in quality.

Did spurs try and sign a cheap bale replacement last summer? No they've reinvested money in quality players from around europe.

Spurs are on a different level. The way you're posting it seems like you're expecting a £20-30m striker in for Benteke when he goes. What £20-30m striker in world football will join us at the moment? I can't think of any TBH... and I also take issue with the fact that it seems like you think money = quality. Remind us, how much did Benteke cost?

I did

I didn't mention hypocrisy on this issue. Just in general.

Seems a bit rich to laugh at the sort of attitude you've displayed in the past.

Examples?

Â