Libor Kozák

samjp26

Ok I suppose your more ITK than me ......

The way it's looking Gabby will be pushed out to the wing . 4-4-2.

It's just that it seems to have been forgotten that Kozák was signed as a target-man to provide competition to Benteke rather than too play alongside him. They are the same type of player and it's unlikely they'll start together with any regularity.
But both of them in the box with gabby, Sinclair and Zog running behind could also be great.

It's just that it seems to have been forgotten that Kozák was signed as a target-man to provide competition to Benteke rather than too play alongside him. They are the same type of player and it's unlikely they'll start together with any regularity.
But both of them in the box with gabby, Sinclair and Zog running behind could also be great.

So are you dropping Delph or playing him on his own as a DM?

• Like 1

So are you dropping Delph or playing him on his own as a DM?
Dunno. Certainly an interesting option though.

I actually think Kozak & Benteke could work together and be a massive handful though the little they did play together it didn't quite come off but they didn't get much of a chance.

Gaby should not be pushed out wide though, he should be played where he is currently or on the bench, unless it's a switch during the game but starting position, no.

Edited by AlwaysAVFC

Correct.

I would have though the only time Benteke and Kozak would play together would be in the last 10 minutes of games we're chasing and just plan on lumping balls forward, other than that I think it's one or the other with either Gabby or Weimann alongside, not the worst front 4 in the league!

Hoping he's back soon, I didn't really rate him when he was playing but liked him for the nuisance he was to defenders then suddenly he popped up with goals too! Shows what I know!

Benteke is good enough to play as a 10 so him and Kozak could play together. He was bought by a manager who was averse to playing 2 up top so it seemed it was as signing to compete with Benteke but now we do play 2 up it'll be different.

Problem is we'd never have the ball with that many forwards. 

Even hoof-merchants like Pulis, Allardyce or McLeish don't play two target-men together. I fail to understand the wide scale desire to see such a tactic implemented here. As said above, it should be one or the other - and by that I basically mean Benteke should be first-choice with Kozák as nothing more than back-up/impact-sub.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 3

Completely agree Isa.

Edit: It's a bit like when we signed Heskey and a few people said him and Carew together would be awesome together....and on the occasions they played they really weren't as defences can play a high line knowing two targetmen won't dart in behind them and can set up knowing high balls and crosses are going to be the main tactic.

Having a player with speed will stretch defences and keep them guessing and also create space for the main striker which Gabby on a good day as we saw at Sunderland does.

Edited by VillaChris

Even hoof-merchants like Pulis, Allardyce or McLeish don't play two target-men together. I fail to understand the wide scale desire to see such a tactic implemented here. As said above, it should be one or the other - and by that I basically mean Benteke should be first-choice with Kozák as nothing more than back-up/impact-sub.

I think it's just a case of, well we obviously love Benteke so he has to play and Kozak became a fan favourite and as we all know absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Yep but Gus Hiddink does. 

That's kind of vague, what makes you think this?

I have a pretty good source . Libor is impressing in training, he is liked a lot . I'm

Not saying 4-4-2 would work but it's coming straight from timmys mouth not mine .

Â