Libor Kozák

samjp26

Lambert will have a dilemma when Benteke returns from injury though. I still can't see how Kozak and Benteke will play together.

There's no dilemma, Benteke is twice the player Kozak is.

I thought he did ok, poor finish when had the chance and has gabby to thank for getting his goal.

I've seen the argument used that he allows us to play the same way when Benteke is out but how true is that?

Benteke has pace, his hold up play is excellent and he's actually a good passer of the ball.

Kozak works hard but for me he looks very sluggish and slow. Look at his chance in the second half, fantastic first touch but too slow to get his shot away without being blocked.

I think he'll do ok but I hope this isn't our long term Benteke replacement.

Lambert will have a dilemma when Benteke returns from injury though. I still can't see how Kozak and Benteke will play together.

I thought he did ok, poor finish when had the chance and has gabby to thank for getting his goal.

I've seen the argument used that he allows us to play the same way when Benteke is out but how true is that?

Benteke has pace, his hold up play is excellent and he's actually a good passer of the ball.

Kozak works hard but for me he looks very sluggish and slow. Look at his chance in the second half, fantastic first touch but too slow to get his shot away without being blocked.

You're right that Benteke is twice the player but I certainly think Kozak will be an effective player for us, especially if we can get better quality crossing into the box, he's very good in the air.

Yeah don't get me wrong I generally agree with this. I just highly doubt that he left being a cup player and impact-sub at Lazio to be the same here. Though I really hope he doesn't, I think Lambert will try to create some sort of system to accommodate them both in the same team.

Thought he did well when he came on. Should have scored the first chance but made up for it a few seconds after. Held the ball up reasonably well for the other forward players too.

Good game from him. Expect to see him start against Spurs.

Edited by adz.villa

He has good movement and looks like his positioning is good. He has a good first touch, better than Benteke and much much much better than Gabby, but then so does my dog ! He won't score as many as Benteke as his finishing is not great, but overall pleased and he will do a decent job when needed.

• Like 1

He has good movement and looks like his positioning is good. He has a good first touch, better than Benteke and much much much better than Gabby, but then so does my dog ! He won't score as many as Benteke as his finishing is not great, but overall pleased and he will do a decent job when needed.

Not the thread for it I know, but, how anyone can have a bad word to say about Gabby is a surprise to me.  He was excellent again today.

• Like 1

He needs a play maker behind him to be effective. As I mentioned, Kozak does not create his own chances. He still has a lot to improve in that part of his game. Benteke is a much more complete striker than Kozak but with that being said, Kozak is still a quality striker. The runs he was making was very smart. He was the reason Tonev was able to waste so many shots. If Benteke is out for a little while, Lambert really needs to tell one of the midfielders to stick to an advanced position or Kozak will be pretty useless. 

• Like 1

Not the thread for it I know, but, how anyone can have a bad word to say about Gabby is a surprise to me.  He was excellent again today.

He's only criticising his first touch.

The only thing I didn't like about his performance was he kept coming out to the wings when we were attacking, which is what Carew used to do as well, which is not a good decision when you're supposed to be the bloody target man! Other than that, he looks good - good work ethic, strong and looks like he can cause teams problems. 

Â