Libor Kozák

samjp26

The way I see this is we now have two potential options to replace tekkers next season (helenius & this guy) with each having a full season to get up to speed with the prem before being thrown in at the deep end next August, hopefully one or both will prove to be worthy and it means we don't have to panic spend x amount of the forty odd million we'll get in the summer.

Could be extremely shrewd.

• Like 2

It's going to be interesting what Lambert does.

I just can't see him spending around £5 million (which is a lot compared to other signings) and chasing him all summer if he was simply back up.

I don't know how it will work or what system we will go with but I'm pretty excited.

If we did go with that attacking 4 surely Westwood would lose out to Sylla or KEA in those games.

• Like 1

I have a feeling this guy will be a huge hit with the villa faithful

Not the women though he's one ugly fella :)

(I care not btw)

We've never really had nice looking players looooool.

Patrick Berger was a beautiful man.

Mellberg was quite handsome aswell without the beard.

(I care not btw)

Mellberg was quite handsome aswell without the beard.

So you say sailor!!:)

From reports it sounds like he is can bully defenders and they don't like playing against him. 

Lambert seems to like an aggressive centre forward as he had Holt at Norwich who is just a thug. 

From reports (tweets) it sounds like we've signed an MMA fighter, not a footballer.

I think too many of you are thinking too narrowly about transfers and thinking too short term.

My impression is that Lambert signed Kozak because he fit a variety of needs both short term and long term:

Cover for Benteke this year, option of playing 4-4-2, 4-3-1-2, substitute for Benteke to keep his minutes down, chance to break him in before becoming the top striker assuming Benteke leaves. I also think that Lambert sees him as someone who could be bought in the 5 million pound range who if he comes good could incread to 10+ million player.

If Villa is able to manage a EL spot then perhaps Benteke stays and much more money is available to spend on improving the squad. If you look at the top squads they have a top striker and a fairly expensive back-up (or 2-3 backups).

If Benteke leaves you have a striker and then you can go after 5-7 other players or more to fill in with talent and depth.

The other thing we don't know re: AMs this window is if there were any a that Lambert liked and fit within the money available. Whereas next summer transfer window if Benteke leaves and Villa gets say 40-50 million pounds there might be someone Lambert could get that he really likes but wasn't available for 2-3 million pounds but rather 7-9 million.

I like this move because it's a move from a position of strength and Lambert is getting someone he really likes and thinks has a bright future and it helps alleviate the potential problem of not having a striker who is familiar with Villa who might take 1/4 of the PL season to get adjusted to his teammates.

Is it a risk? Sure, but any more worth a salt has risk and Villa can't get to where it wants to by playing things ultra safe.

Edited by LesDiablesRouges
  • Like 2

(I care not btw)

So was that other Czech player we had, you know the girl with the hairband... I forget its name thankfully and deliberately

(I care not btw)

So was that other Czech player we had, you know the girl with the hairband... I forget its name thankfully and deliberately

A little Colombian who also liked a hair band wasn't too bad either.

This is getting slightly gay.

Â