Arsenal

Ghost

Wilshere was complaining about every decision on Saturday. It annoys me when players just moan and moan and moan. If you're annoyed about losing why not get the ball and do your talking with your feet?

He also had a knack of aggressive outbursts following decisions, grabbing the ball etc.

Edited by samjp26

I like Arsenal, my father in law supports them so they are probably my "second" team. They play the game the right way and generally in a good spirit. What they have needed for several seasons now is Darren Bent. They have so many gifted creative players but **** all end product. They need a bloke who will do nothing but get into the 18 yard box and stick it away. Trouble is, this is the last type of player Arsene would ever buy.

On Wilshire, I think the hatred for him *sniff* comes from the fact he *sniff* has the massive reputation for being a *sniff* midfield genius *sniff* when in reality  *sniff* he has done very little *sniff* to deserve *sniff* it. I thought we were excellent at stopping him on Saturday and that doesn't happen to truly great players. They always find a way. They hype around him is embarrassing. 

Agree with the above. Wilshere is good but he's massively overhyped. Incredibly injury prone too.

By the way, has anybody got a clip of Gabby applauding Koscielny's sending off? Thought that was pretty hilarious. :lol:

I feel for Arsene slightly. He was once ahead of the curve and teaching everybody new things about football. Unfortunately, now he is old news, his methods are adapted by probably all clubs these days. He's not a bad manager, but he needs to take Ferguson's example. 

He wants to be Arsenal's father, when in fact he's their grandfather. He can still lead this team successfully but it seems as if he needs more input from his backroom staff and more trust in them. He needs to accept advice from people. 

He's stubborn to the core, he feels there is no value in the transfer market, and he's right. But baulking over a few million here and there in transfer fee is killing them in the long term. He can still rescue this team, but the fan are turning on him proper now and I fear that he's soiled his legacy somewhat. I'm not sure he'll get sacked as such, but he may need to leave Arsenal this season if things do not improve. 

He's stubborn to the core, he feels there is no value in the transfer market, and he's right. But baulking over a few million here and there in transfer fee is killing them in the long term.

knowing all the food is over priced and being disgusted by that is fine

but you still gotta eat

That would be amazing, don't think Pardew would allow it though.

Back on topic, has Wenger completely lost the plot? Buying Cabaye to rotate with Ramsey, Wilshire & Arteta, insane he has more pressing matters. Had he gone out and bought Mingolet for £9m, Bony for £12m or Benteke for £25m he'd have solved an awful lot of his problems. At the same time he's hummed and hawed all off season about making bids for much bigger names and has always come up just short, now he moves for Cabaye, who although a good player stinks of desperation and is very similar to the time he bought Arteta, who let's face it not even Moyes would try and bid for, nor would he get in City, Chelsea or Spurs' midfield. Ramsey is a walking disaster, didn't someone on her have an article showing Arsenal were absolutely woeful when he's started? While Cabaye may be an upgrade on both of these players (Arteta is a tidy player but I don't class him as a CL player, is Cabaye? Probably not), I really think the glass ceeling in the Premier League is getting a lot closer, I wouldn't be surprised if a club out of the blue smashed through it soon enough. 

That would be amazing, don't think Pardew would allow it though.

Back on topic, has Wenger completely lost the plot? Buying Cabaye to rotate with Ramsey, Wilshire & Arteta, insane he has more pressing matters. Had he gone out and bought Mingolet for £9m, Bony for £12m or Benteke for £25m he'd have solved an awful lot of his problems. At the same time he's hummed and hawed all off season about making bids for much bigger names and has always come up just short, now he moves for Cabaye, who although a good player stinks of desperation and is very similar to the time he bought Arteta, who let's face it not even Moyes would try and bid for, nor would he get in City, Chelsea or Spurs' midfield. Ramsey is a walking disaster, didn't someone on her have an article showing Arsenal were absolutely woeful when he's started? While Cabaye may be an upgrade on both of these players (Arteta is a tidy player but I don't class him as a CL player, is Cabaye? Probably not), I really think the glass ceeling in the Premier League is getting a lot closer, I wouldn't be surprised if a club out of the blue smashed through it soon enough. 

I think outside of the trio (or duo without ManU) Man City, Chelsea and ManUtd are heads above everyone else when it comes to quality of the players. After them there are three teams who will battle for the fourth spot: Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool (as much as it pains me to say it).

Edit: Manure would really need quality players into their midfield which isn't on par with Man City and Chavksi, and will cost them the title race if they don't get new players in.

I don't get Wenger, it should've been so clear that they desperately need new players who are CL-caliber and he bollocked the whole summer...again. His transfer policy is in a sense incredibly similar to MON but just from opposite spectrum: MON almost never wanted to put more than 9-10 million into player and almost only bought players who are older than 26-27 and Wenger doesn't want to put more than 15-20 million and doesn't want to buy older players than 23-24.

Edited by Jarpie

His ability to churn out talented French youngsters seems to have evade him, Henry, Nasri, Pires, Petit. Look at the shite he's bough recently, Koscienly, Giroud (if we bought him Lambert would be slated he isn't good enough for where they are let alone where they want to be), Chamak, Gervinho ( I know he's not French bu came from Ligue 1), Squillaci etc, I'd argue the British players he has bought have been just as bad, Walcott has never been consistent for them ever, he threw his toys out of the pram last year and got a deal he's nowhere near worth, the ox while still young has done nothing of note either ( I know he'd an assist the last day but does he deserve to be in the england squad?), Ramsey has been hopeless, the longer Wenger stays the worse its going to get. They need revolution not evolution.  

His ability to churn out talented French youngsters seems to have evade him, Henry, Nasri, Pires, Petit. Look at the shite he's bough recently, Koscienly, Giroud (if we bought him Lambert would be slated he isn't good enough for where they are let alone where they want to be), Chamak, Gervinho ( I know he's not French bu came from Ligue 1), Squillaci etc, I'd argue the British players he has bought have been just as bad, Walcott has never been consistent for them ever, he threw his toys out of the pram last year and got a deal he's nowhere near worth, the ox while still young has done nothing of note either ( I know he'd an assist the last day but does he deserve to be in the england squad?), Ramsey has been hopeless, the longer Wenger stays the worse its going to get. They need revolution not evolution.  

Agree with most of this save the bit about Alex Oxlaide Chamberlain. I think he has a very promising future ahead of him, already a better player than Walcott in my opinion.

Agree with most of this save the bit about Alex Oxlaide Chamberlain. I think he has a very promising future ahead of him, already a better player than Walcott in my opinion.

The Ox is just a crap Gabby. :) 

So panic starting to hit, aw has failed to move with the times. Agree that when he first came in he revolutionised the prem, but for the past few yrs has continually fell behind. If he had signed gustavo, begovic/minoglet, and Benteke, at just shy of £50m for all three, then they would be talked about as title contenders. His stubbornness now means people see spurs and maybe even Liverpool as severe competition for fourth place.

Â